Scrimmage news

I won't be the one saying it. It will be the coaches. You know, the guys who get paid to know who's good and who isn't? Follow your own logic. Rosier is bad, but so far Perry hasn't won the job. If when Rosier--who is terrible, remember--leaves the program we're forced to hand the reigns over to someone who could never wrestle the starting job away from such a terrible QB, we're going to be better?

I wan't somebody to WIN the job. I don't care who. But I'm not foolish enough to anoint someone who has never taken a snap to replace a Senior with an 11-3 record as a starter.
Makes sense when you explain it better. Imo the first response was rather sophomoric.

Advertisement
I'm with cannon on this one, wanting change for change sake is foolish at best. If he gets beat out then so be it, but to constantly sit here and act like he has no chance to improve from one year to the next and we're "doomed" if he's the starter is disingenuous.

Until I start to hear rave reviews about one of the other guys, or see it in the Spring game, I'm not as eager to toss Rosier out as many are.

Actually, there's a reason Richt won coach of the year. It's because he put his terrible QB in a position to win games, in spite of his horrid play. He played so poorly we didn't get to see backup players like we should have. Games were just too close, because of him. A real QB doesn't break the team record, but SHATTERS it in Richt's O.

Man, I watched every game, and was sick at what I saw. A good QB will not have us ranked 127th in 3rd downs. Ask yourself this. How many points did Rosier leave off the scoreboard? How many wasted opportunities? You see, when you set the record for that, you're not a good QB. Rosier was as bad as Kenny Kelly at not getting the most out of the talent on the field. A real QB will blow the doors off the record book with this talent, in Richt's O. Mark my word, the next QB shatters that record, unless our run game catches fire. That could happen, because teams won't be able to key on the run with a real QB back there. Come to think of it, maybe that's why Dorsey didn't have the record. Or Kosar, Walsh, Testaverde, or any other great UM QB.

Who is the real QB? The guy who's 11-3, or the three other guys with a combined record of 0-0 with 0 passes for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns?

I'm not arguing your point about Rosier. I'm saying if none of the other guys can win the job, he either got better, or those other guys really suck.

Actually, there's a reason Richt won coach of the year. It's because he put his terrible QB in a position to win games, in spite of his horrid play. He played so poorly we didn't get to see backup players like we should have. Games were just too close, because of him. A real QB doesn't break the team record, but SHATTERS it in Richt's O.

Man, I watched every game, and was sick at what I saw. A good QB will not have us ranked 127th in 3rd downs. Ask yourself this. How many points did Rosier leave off the scoreboard? How many wasted opportunities? You see, when you set the record for that, you're not a good QB. Rosier was as bad as Kenny Kelly at not getting the most out of the talent on the field. A real QB will blow the doors off the record book with this talent, in Richt's O. Mark my word, the next QB shatters that record, unless our run game catches fire. That could happen, because teams won't be able to key on the run with a real QB back there. Come to think of it, maybe that's why Dorsey didn't have the record. Or Kosar, Walsh, Testaverde, or any other great UM QB.
Exactly, but some porster said the other guy could be worse. Real doom and gloom to early in the spring.

It's foolish to assume that N'kosi Perry can get better in an off season, but Rosier can't. And it's even more stupid to think that Perry is going to get better if you throw him out there against a team like LSU based solely on talent when he hasn't demonstrated he can lead the team in a no contact scrimmage.

This is a valid point. Everyone assumes Rosier will be the same guy he was last year and ignoring the fact that he could possibly improve on the numbers he put up last season.

I don't care who the QB is so long as it's not:
a. Rosier just for seniority sake.
b. Perry just because he has a high ceiling.

And this is 100% my view, just stated in far more clear and concise way than I've put it in this thread. Reps.

Someone needs to unseat Rosier. You don't hand over the QB1 position just because you hope a guy might be good some day.

Advertisement
Who is the real QB? The guy who's 11-3, or the three other guys with a combined record of 0-0 with 0 passes for 0 yards and 0 touchdowns?

I'm not arguing your point about Rosier. I'm saying if none of the other guys can win the job, he either got better, or those other guys really suck.
I do agree, if no one does, we need to fire whomever is evaluating QBs. Period.

I’m sure everyone applauds malik for winning some meaningful games last year, FSU, Notre Dame and Virginia tech most notably but even in those games malik was terrible for the most part. We want to see the qb at Miami consistently hit throws that even low d1 qbs routinely would make. A 54% accuracy for a whole season is ridiculous bad period

Considering the last 2 years our qbs each(kaaya and rosier) both had the best 2 seasons a qb at Miami has had in 10 years I think They know what they are doing. And they are bringing in talent at the position
Squeezing all they can out of a QB isn't their problem. For that they are excellent. My problem is if no one they bring in can actually beat out Rosier. Someone should be able to beat out a career backup that only started because there were no other options. In year 3 Richt should have a QB.

Advertisement
I do agree, if no one does, we need to fire whomever is evaluating QBs. Period.
Not that this is my wish, and not that I'm calling it this way. It's Spring and Spring is for speculation. Consider this scenario:
Rosier improves, but only marginally so.
Perry just cannot, for whatever reason wrap his head around coverage schemes, and gets constantly fooled and makes too many risky decisions with the ball.
J. Williams shows promise, has an undeniably bright future, but just doesn't yet have Rosier's or Perry's command of the play book.
C. Weldon seemingly has the tools but never is able to step into that leadership role and win the huddle.

Who do you roll with against LSU.

The answer is Malik, but here's hoping either Perry or Weldon step up and we're not left with this choice.

Not that this is my wish, and not that I'm calling it this way. It's Spring and Spring is for speculation. Consider this scenario:
Rosier improves, but only marginally so.
Perry just cannot, for whatever reason wrap his head around coverage schemes, and gets constantly fooled and makes too many risky decisions with the ball.
J. Williams shows promise, has an undeniably bright future, but just doesn't yet have Rosier's or Perry's command of the play book.
C. Weldon seemingly has the tools but never is able to step into that leadership role and win the huddle.

Who do you roll with against LSU.

The answer is Malik, but here's hoping either Perry or Weldon step up and we're not left with this choice.
There's a good chance Perry doesn't wrap his head around the playbook, or reading a D. That's a real concern for me. Watching Rosier last year, he didn't exactly have command of the playbook. For the first half of the season it looked like the playbook was cut in half, or that parts of the field were simply off limits. Now, if Richt can start Rosier with his limits, I'm completely comfortable with him doing the same with Williams, if Williams can at least limit mistakes. Honestly, that's about all Rosier was asked to do.

There's a good chance Perry doesn't wrap his head around the playbook, or reading a D. That's a real concern for me. Watching Rosier last year, he didn't exactly have command of the playbook. For the first half of the season it looked like the playbook was cut in half, or that parts of the field were simply off limits. Now, if Richt can start Rosier with his limits, I'm completely comfortable with him doing the same with Williams, if Williams can at least limit mistakes. Honestly, that's about all Rosier was asked to do.
For the man who get's paid for these types of decisions, that's one **** of a risk. I know the consensus here is saying that if it's close, give the nod to "x" where "x" = Not Malik Rosier. But think about it. You bench 11-3 for a guy who's never taken a snap and they go out and **** the bed in the opener, at Jerry's House, on National TV--the only game being played in that time slot vs. LSU, Home Depot and Lowe's will sell out of pitchforks and tiki torches before Richt can get back to Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If it's not going to be Malik, it can't be close IMO. One guy needs to separate from the pack and win the job, or we roll with 11-3

For all Malik's faults the problem is the complete uncertainty of the other 3 behind him. No1 has seen them outside of a practice/scrimmage setting. **** Williams isn't even throwing behind an offensive line and to an equipment manager at TE. Everyone was sickened by Rosier the latter half of the year, but if they other guys can't take the job away it shouldn't be just given to them. I am praying someone does though.

Malik not only has to prove it to the fans, but to his teammates as well. His teammates probably lost a lot of confidence in him with the way he performed late in the season

Advertisement
Malik not only has to prove it to the fans, but to his teammates as well. His teammates probably lost a lot of confidence in him with the way he performed late in the season
Didn't we hear rumblings last year that AR82 was getting frustrated with Rosier?

I’m sure everyone applauds malik for winning some meaningful games last year, FSU, Notre Dame and Virginia tech most notably but even in those games malik was terrible for the most part. We want to see the qb at Miami consistently hit throws that even low d1 qbs routinely would make. A 54% accuracy for a whole season is ridiculous bad period

Lamar Jackson won the Heisman with a 56% completion percentage. Just sayin'.

And no, they aren't the same player, so don't all jump on it at once. My point is that completion percentage doesn't tell the whole story, and QBs can contribute to wins in other ways than simply completing 6 out of every 10 passes.

Lamar Jackson won the Heisman with a 56% completion percentage. Just sayin'.

And no, they aren't the same player, so don't all jump on it at once. My point is that completion percentage doesn't tell the whole story, and QBs can contribute to wins in other ways than simply completing 6 out of every 10 passes.
Sick bro but we don't have Lamar Jackson just sayin

Advertisement
Back