Scrimmage news

So I guess you're going to make me break out the stats to show just how **** Rosier was huh. Cause Everything you are pointing out are team successes that happened IN SPITE of having Rosier as our QB. We didn't accomplish any of that because he played good. We accomplished that even though we had a terrible qb, because our defense was that good at causing havoc and turnovers and we had playmakers at the skill positions.

For the 3 games you mentioned, FSU, VTech, and ND, his stats are highlighted in Orange. The stats for ACC Qbs on the season are averaged in Green (not including Rosier). I do this so you can see for yourself how complete *** he was, even in the 3 games you mention as "average performances"....They weren't. They were exactly as I described them, ******* Horrible. As you will see, the ONLY think he wasn't complete **** at in this 3 game sample (and really, on the year) was TD%, which was admittedly pretty good. The problem is his INT% was also high as ****, so it's completely counteracted.
1e136ce9bd6173c776d1f28891f703d2.png

https://gyazo.com/1e136ce9bd6173c776d1f28891f703d2

So if Rosiers stats for this 3 game span were over the course of the season, compared to his 11 ACC QB peers, he'd rank in each category:
DEAD LAST in Comp%
9th/12 in Y/A and 10th/12 in adjusted Y/A.
10th/12 in TD:INT ratio, 2nd/12 in TD%, and DEAD LAST in INT%
And 10th/12 in QB Rating

So Literally the only 2 QBs you can even say were worse than his performance in the FSU, VTech, and ND game, which you claim were his strong points on the season, were the Duke qb and BC Qb. And the ONLY thing Rosier did well in those games was have a good TD% (Rosier had the 4th/12 TD% on the season in ACC play)....and ****, this is just comparing him to ACC Qbs in a year where the ACC QBs definitely weren't very good.

Literally there is no defense to wanting Rosier to start this upcoming season. Am I happy with the overall result of last season? Yes, absolutely. But the fact is I can admit our QB was crap at the same time, and that everything we accomplished was with a bad Qb at the helm. Had we even had an average ACC QB like you claim we did, we would have beat Pitt, curb stomped every team we almost lost to, and possibly beat Wisconsin in the Orange bowl (if we hadn't been playing in the **** CFP with just a loss to Clemson).

I’ve tried explaining this to idiots to the point I just stopped. We won in spite of dude , even some of the games we won he did everything possible to lose.

I’ve never seen an offense / qb leave so many pints off the board. The amount of jv throws to wide open guys he missed was an embarrassment.

I held my breath on freaking screens, simple throws like that was tough to complete .

He’s just not good , it’s simple.

Advertisement
That Terrible QB set the Miami single season record for touchdowns, won the first 11 games he ever started, won 10 games in a season for the first time since 2003, put us in our first NY6 bowl since that disastrous 2005 Peach Bowl, won the first ever Coastal Division title, put us in our first ever ACCCG, and is the last Miami QB to beat FSU, VT, and Notre Dame in the same season since Steve Walsh.

Did he play terrible at times? YES. But you don't accomplish the things listed above by being consistently terrible, and no team is good enough to accomplish those things "in spite of" a consistently terrible QB.

There's a stupid idea that has somehow become the broad consensus of this board, and that's the notion that you know what Rosier's ceiling is, but not anybody else's. Perhaps streaky accuracy is just something that Rosier will never overcome, but perhaps a firm grasp of defensive concepts and coverage will forever elude N'kosi, and perhaps whatever relegated Weldon to 3rd and 4th string last season is something he'll never overcome.

It's foolish to assume that N'kosi Perry can get better in an off season, but Rosier can't. And it's even more stupid to think that Perry is going to get better if you throw him out there against a team like LSU based solely on talent when he hasn't demonstrated he can lead the team in a no contact scrimmage.

I don't care who the QB is so long as it's not:
a. Rosier just for seniority sake.
b. Perry just because he has a high ceiling.

If Rosier can't take the next step and one of the other guys pass him up? Fine. But y'all smoking some serious crack to be sitting here in the spring wanting to yank a 10 game winner and single season TD record holder in favor of one of three guys who've never taken a live college snap.

I don't care if Perry can even read a ******* book or not, I'd still rather have him at Qb than Rosier.
If not perry than Weldon. If not Weldon than Jarren. If Not Jarren than ******* Deejay Dallas (only slightly sarcastic) or something.

Seriously Rosier had ******* more games <50% completion% than >60%. Like he is literally the least accurate Qb in like all P5 football. Id rather go with the guy who struggles to read a defense and has the potential to be very good and LEARN during the season, than a guy who is slighty better at reading a Defense (Lets not act like Rosier is great at it, cause he's not) but can't ******* hit an open wr half the time.

Quit your *****iin you hypocrit

That Terrible QB set the Miami single season record for touchdowns, won the first 11 games he ever started, won 10 games in a season for the first time since 2003, put us in our first NY6 bowl since that disastrous 2005 Peach Bowl, won the first ever Coastal Division title, put us in our first ever ACCCG, and is the last Miami QB to beat FSU, VT, and Notre Dame in the same season since Steve Walsh.

Did he play terrible at times? YES. But you don't accomplish the things listed above by being consistently terrible, and no team is good enough to accomplish those things "in spite of" a consistently terrible QB.

There's a stupid idea that has somehow become the broad consensus of this board, and that's the notion that you know what Rosier's ceiling is, but not anybody else's. Perhaps streaky accuracy is just something that Rosier will never overcome, but perhaps a firm grasp of defensive concepts and coverage will forever elude N'kosi, and perhaps whatever relegated Weldon to 3rd and 4th string last season is something he'll never overcome.

It's foolish to assume that N'kosi Perry can get better in an off season, but Rosier can't. And it's even more stupid to think that Perry is going to get better if you throw him out there against a team like LSU based solely on talent when he hasn't demonstrated he can lead the team in a no contact scrimmage.

If Rosier can't take the next step and one of the other guys pass him up? Fine. But y'all smoking some serious crack to be sitting here in the spring wanting to yank a 10 game winner and single season TD record holder in favor of one of three guys who've never taken a live college snap.
Very solid counter-arguments. Some of these guys try so hard to disparage Low Energy Malik to validate their previous agendas that he was incapable of playing here that they go to ridiculous extremes.

I want one of the young guys to whip him because I don’t think he’s a very good QB, but I appreciate all of LEM’s accomplishments last year. We were number 2 in the country late in the season with him at QB.

You can spin it however you want ... I'm thankful for rosier and everything but it's time for a change man I'm tired of hearing the same narrative with him

Advertisement
I’ve tried explaining this to idiots to the point I just stopped. We won in spite of dude , even some of the games we won he did everything possible to lose.

I’ve never seen an offense / qb leave so many pints off the board. The amount of jv throws to wide open guys he missed was an embarrassment.

I held my breath on freaking screens, simple throws like that was tough to complete .

He’s just not good , it’s simple.
This ^ analytics is fools gold

Travis Homer is a fckn beast 1st round talent that will be drafted in the 2nd round at the latest. Straight dawg... elite speed to kill and is strong af always running through contact.

You can spin it however you want ... I'm thankful for rosier and everything but it's time for a change man I'm tired of hearing the same narrative with him
There's nothing to spin. You can sit there and dismiss Rosier's contributions with a sarcastic, "I'm thankful, BUT..." and act like 15 straight years of 6-7's and 7-6's with a scattered 8-4 didn't happen and it's 2001 all over again and we've been on the precipice of #6 for a decade, but you're just bull****ting yourself.

Time for a change...TO WHAT? Guys who can't beat out Rosier in practice? Let somebody win the job. I want to see better QB play no matter who decides to elevate their game, but change just for the sake of change is stupid. Sit here and ***** about 10-3 all you want, but it could have easily been 8-5 again. Be mad we had to beat FSU--for the first time in 8 years-- and GaTech in a monsoon all you want. Blame it on Rosier's performance and overlook that our RB's has 53 yards at FSU and a stupid onside kick put us in a hole in a monsoon against GaTech. I don't even care if you want to call the game winning passes in both games luck, but a guy danci--I mean improvising in the pocket is just as likely to get sacked in those situations as he is to throw a catchable pass.

Advertisement

You set the school record for TDs that quite honestly was never very high to begin with.

There's nothing to spin. You can sit there and dismiss Rosier's contributions with a sarcastic, "I'm thankful, BUT..." and act like 15 straight years of 6-7's and 7-6's with a scattered 8-4 didn't happen and it's 2001 all over again and we've been on the precipice of #6 for a decade, but you're just bull****ting yourself.

Time for a change...TO WHAT? Guys who can't beat out Rosier in practice? Let somebody win the job. I want to see better QB play no matter who decides to elevate their game, but change just for the sake of change is stupid. Sit here and ***** about 10-3 all you want, but it could have easily been 8-5 again. Be mad we had to beat FSU--for the first time in 8 years-- and GaTech in a monsoon all you want. Blame it on Rosier's performance and overlook that our RB's has 53 yards at FSU and a stupid onside kick put us in a hole in a monsoon against GaTech. I don't even care if you want to call the game winning passes in both games luck, but a guy danci--I mean improvising in the pocket is just as likely to get sacked in those situations as he is to throw a catchable pass.
Dude those 15 years of mediocrity were from ****e recruiting and coaching... If you're going to sit there and say yes it was rosier that led us to the gt win and not homer you're insane bro ... The rbs had 56 yards at Fsu because they were selling out on the run. And yes I'm going to ***** when at a d1 program there wasn't a qb better than rosier last year. Regardless we know what we have in rosier and the dossier is out on him so if he does start all next year it won't be a good time

You set the school record for TDs that quite honestly was never very high to begin with.
I don't give a **** if it was 4 and now it's 5. There's been a wealth of talent, an outstanding group of guys have been tapped as QB1 at Miami and Malik Rosier sits atop of all of them in Single Season TD's.

And for those who don't like Rosier, that's fine. I'm not trying to defend him. I'm simply pointing out that most of this negativity is coming from fan boys who feel the need to tear one guy down to make "their guy" stand above the rest. When N'Kosi or Jarren, or Cade are ready, you won't have to do that.

End of the year was rough. Everytime he couldn't hit JT down field it was a here we go moment.
Bro when I had enough was the Pitt game and the ob game .. You're number 2 in the country how do you just go through the motions on the last game of the regular season. an average qb won't get batted down at the line of scrimmage or blindly just throw a screen pass

Advertisement
Dude those 15 years of mediocrity were from ****e recruiting and coaching... If you're going to sit there and say yes it was rosier that led us to the gt win and not homer you're insane bro ... The rbs had 56 yards at Fsu because they were selling out on the run. And yes I'm going to ***** when at a d1 program there wasn't a qb better than rosier last year. Regardless we know what we have in rosier and the dossier is out on him so if he does start all next year it won't be a good time
If he starts next season it will be because "your guy" couldn't win the job, and however bad you think Rosier is, "your guy" is worse.

Bro when I had enough was the Pitt game and the ob game .. You're number 2 in the country how do you just go through the motions on the last game of the regular season. an average qb won't get batted down at the line of scrimmage or blindly just throw a screen pass
Guy had us boosted up to the clouds. Then just let all the air out. For his sake, I hope the shoulder injury was the excuse.

That’s my thought in it as well... sh*t is indefensible

Advertisement
How can you call the other guy worst? He might be the next QB after your "guy" leaves.
I won't be the one saying it. It will be the coaches. You know, the guys who get paid to know who's good and who isn't? Follow your own logic. Rosier is bad, but so far Perry hasn't won the job. If when Rosier--who is terrible, remember--leaves the program we're forced to hand the reigns over to someone who could never wrestle the starting job away from such a terrible QB, we're going to be better?

I wan't somebody to WIN the job. I don't care who. But I'm not foolish enough to anoint someone who has never taken a snap to replace a Senior with an 11-3 record as a starter.

Actually, there's a reason Richt won coach of the year. It's because he put his terrible QB in a position to win games, in spite of his horrid play. He played so poorly we didn't get to see backup players like we should have. Games were just too close, because of him. A real QB doesn't break the team record, but SHATTERS it in Richt's O.
I don't give a **** if it was 4 and now it's 5. There's been a wealth of talent, an outstanding group of guys have been tapped as QB1 at Miami and Malik Rosier sits atop of all of them in Single Season TD's.

And for those who don't like Rosier, that's fine. I'm not trying to defend him. I'm simply pointing out that most of this negativity is coming from fan boys who feel the need to tear one guy down to make "their guy" stand above the rest. When N'Kosi or Jarren, or Cade are ready, you won't have to do that.
Man, I watched every game, and was sick at what I saw. A good QB will not have us ranked 127th in 3rd downs. Ask yourself this. How many points did Rosier leave off the scoreboard? How many wasted opportunities? You see, when you set the record for that, you're not a good QB. Rosier was as bad as Kenny Kelly at not getting the most out of the talent on the field. A real QB will blow the doors off the record book with this talent, in Richt's O. Mark my word, the next QB shatters that record, unless our run game catches fire. That could happen, because teams won't be able to key on the run with a real QB back there. Come to think of it, maybe that's why Dorsey didn't have the record. Or Kosar, Walsh, Testaverde, or any other great UM QB.

So I guess you're going to make me break out the stats to show just how **** Rosier was huh. Cause Everything you are pointing out are team successes that happened IN SPITE of having Rosier as our QB. We didn't accomplish any of that because he played good. We accomplished that even though we had a terrible qb, because our defense was that good at causing havoc and turnovers and we had playmakers at the skill positions.

For the 3 games you mentioned, FSU, VTech, and ND, his stats are highlighted in Orange. The stats for ACC Qbs on the season are averaged in Green (not including Rosier). I do this so you can see for yourself how complete *** he was, even in the 3 games you mention as "average performances"....They weren't. They were exactly as I described them, ******* Horrible. As you will see, the ONLY think he wasn't complete **** at in this 3 game sample (and really, on the year) was TD%, which was admittedly pretty good. The problem is his INT% was also high as ****, so it's completely counteracted.
1e136ce9bd6173c776d1f28891f703d2.png

https://gyazo.com/1e136ce9bd6173c776d1f28891f703d2

So if Rosiers stats for this 3 game span were over the course of the season, compared to his 11 ACC QB peers, he'd rank in each category:
DEAD LAST in Comp%
9th/12 in Y/A and 10th/12 in adjusted Y/A.
10th/12 in TD:INT ratio, 2nd/12 in TD%, and DEAD LAST in INT%
And 10th/12 in QB Rating

So Literally the only 2 QBs you can even say were worse than his performance in the FSU, VTech, and ND game, which you claim were his strong points on the season, were the Duke qb and BC Qb. And the ONLY thing Rosier did well in those games was have a good TD% (Rosier had the 4th/12 TD% on the season in ACC play)....and ****, this is just comparing him to ACC Qbs in a year where the ACC QBs definitely weren't very good.

Literally there is no defense to wanting Rosier to start this upcoming season. Am I happy with the overall result of last season? Yes, absolutely. But the fact is I can admit our QB was crap at the same time, and that everything we accomplished was with a bad Qb at the helm. Had we even had an average ACC QB like you claim we did, we would have beat Pitt, curb stomped every team we almost lost to, and possibly beat Wisconsin in the Orange bowl (if we hadn't been playing in the **** CFP with just a loss to Clemson).

Let's just, for the sake of argument, give you this one. Rosier is objectively terrible, worst QB for Miami in a decade, whatever you want to say about him; let's assume it's true.

What does it say about Perry's current status of development if he can't beat THAT guy out? Isn't that a huge concern?

Look, I'm not trying to be difficult, and I've been pretty clear on this board that we need for better QB play this coming season for the Canes to be a top 5-10 threat. But I'm just very, very, very concerned that most reports from camp so far have been somewhat lukewarm on Perry, and I'm struggling with the idea of just throwing him out there "to see what happens." I don't equate "someone else besides Rosier" as, like you say "an average ACC QB." There's a chance that Perry just isn't ready, and the season goes off the wheels.

We WANT Perry to be the guy. We WANT him to figure it out. I think that's pretty much a consensus on this board, no? But this is also Division 1 football; you don't anoint starters, and not everyone gets to play. With Rosier, our floor is probably a 9-win team, especially against next year's schedule. And it's a big risk if you're sacrificing that floor for a relative unknown in Perry. That worries me.

Advertisement
Back