Scrimmage Highlights

Advertisement
Watch what we do to Defenses with the Zone Read run plays...

We are going to gash teams this season... 4 headed monster with King, Harris, Chaney & Knighton.
El wins the prize. First person to realize it's really a 4 headed monster because King is going to run and run a lot.

I’d be lying to myself if I didn’t say I’m starting to get excited. Diaz’s actions this offseason have been quite impressive. Let’s see if it translates on the field. If so, I’ll owe @Andrew a big apology for calling him a troll for defending Díaz.
We’ll attack like a less potent Oklahoma. Except we can play defense.

Advertisement
Power Spread is what the man is calling it. Can’t wait.

Knighton hit that hole like a got **** G.
This is EXACTLY the blend I've been screaming for for so many years. I was never a full on Air Raid guy because those teams are usually soft, can't hold leads because they can't run the ball, and almost always have putrid defenses.

I love the Riley/Heupel blend of Air Raid and run game. They've figured out a way to blend the Air Raid with the Briles spread that is deadly in the run game, and it's the best system going. Now, we have it, which is what we should have been doing forever.

This is EXACTLY the blend I've been screaming for for so many years. I was never a full on Air Raid guy because those teams are usually soft, can't hold leads because they can't run the ball, and almost always have putrid defenses.

I love the Riley/Heupel blend of Air Raid and run game. They've figured out a way to blend the Air Raid with the Briles spread that is deadly in the run game, and it's the best system going. Now, we have it, which is what we should have been doing forever.
You think Diaz demanded this or is this Lashlee's MO? I don't know enough about what he ran at SMU

Went back and watched the semenholes scrimmage highlights after watching ours and it’s night amd fckng day difference.

Has anyone watched JHH’s basketball highlights? Dude is a tremendous athlete!
Didn't some of this board say he can't be any good, he's from New York? No one plays football outside of South Florida...

He's a great athlete, and you definitely want to take a few guys like this and try and put 30 pounds on him.

Advertisement
Cam finishing strong at the goaline twice - nice!

And if the OL & scheme can open up holes as big as this even just a couple times a game - with our RB's - it's gonna get nasty.

View attachment 128241
It's a lot easier to block in the run game when there isn't so much trash around you all the time. This is why I've been screaming for so long for this offense. We were always trying to block this packed 8 and 9 man boxes, and then blaming our OL for being ****. Made me sick.

With our athletes this spread will be unstoppable. If OU can run a diverse high-octane offense there's no reason we can't. We have access to the same or better material than they do.

Advertisement
You think Diaz demanded this or is this Lashlee's MO? I don't know enough about what he ran at SMU
This is Lashlee. He's done a great job of moving around and apprenticing under different systems. He could have easily stayed at Auburn and just stuck with the primarily run-based Malzahn spread. But he went to UConn then to SMU and learned the Air Raid under Dykes and incorporated those principles into the Malzahn system. He's going to make himself a lot of money one day as a HC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back