Scrimmage Highlights

Advertisement
Huge red flag for somebody to leave Auburn and go to Uconn. Now we are seeing why. Lashlee definitely seems like he "gets it" both on and off the field
I tried telling this to people when they said he was fired , Gus would never have fired him. He did what was best for the long term success of his career. Majority of what he knew was Gus. All the way back to HS.

He took a lesser job / money to get where he’s at. The dykes / Smu stop was also very strategic.

Last edited:
This is Lashlee. He's done a great job of moving around and apprenticing under different systems. He could have easily stayed at Auburn and just stuck with the primarily run-based Malzahn spread. But he went to UConn then to SMU and learned the Air Raid under Dykes and incorporated those principles into the Malzahn system. He's going to make himself a lot of money one day as a HC.
Nail on the head. Lashlee has figured out that in order for an offense to operate under multiple circumstances, it has to be multi-faceted. Malzahn's offense relies entirely on the running game. The passing concepts are minimal and you see his teams struggle if they don't have a dynamic runner at quarterback. The original Air Raid (think Hal Mumme and Mike Leach) was designed specifically for teams that couldn't run the ball at all so it's entirely one dimensional in that you pass almost every down. Lashlee has a bachelor's in Malzahn's HUNH and a master's in Sonny Dykes' Air Raid. He was able to put up monster numbers at SMU with essentially a one-dimensional pocket passer. He should be able to kill it with a swiss army knife like King as his quarterback.

Smith's high school head coach David Dunn was an NFL wide receiver.
He and Restrepo appear to be ahead of Worsham and Redding.

Now I ask ya:

Could they be inching ahead of Pope or Payton?
Not necessarily, all of them bring completely different things to the table when it comes to WR. It's been stated that Worsham is the best route runner out of all of them he just needs the physical part. Redding as the physical down, he has been hurt. And no they are not inching ahead of Pope or Payton. Like how donyoubcome to that question off of a 1:30 highlight clip?

Advertisement
Not necessarily, all of them bring completely different things to the table when it comes to WR. It's been stated that Worsham is the best route runner out of all of them he just needs the physical part. Redding as the physical down, he has been hurt. And no they are not inching ahead of Pope or Payton. Like how donyoubcome to that question off of a 1:30 highlight clip?

I don't think it's a stretch to say Restrepo is right in the thick of it for a major role based on all that we've heard of him. And speaking for myself, the couple plays I saw him make in practice were enough to make me a believer. There's just something about that kid. Smith might have sneaky big-play ability which is why I think he's in position to grab the 5th or 6th WR role. I'm sure that Payton and Pope are fine.

I don't think it's a stretch to say Restrepo is right in the thick of it for a major role based on all that we've heard of him. And speaking for myself, the couple plays I saw him make in practice were enough to make me a believer. There's just something about that kid. Smith might have sneaky big-play ability which is why I think he's in position to grab the 5th or 6th WR role. I'm sure that Payton and Pope are fine.
Restrepo is doing great, but the fact still stands that a lot of his numbers were against the third and second team, mainly the 3rd. I think Smith will be great as well, but I dont see them taking over Payton, Pope, especially rn, maybe next season.

Overall team speed does look good.

Is it me, or does our tackling look to be improved also? If so, that's a great sign.

Smith's high school head coach David Dunn was an NFL wide receiver.
He and Restrepo appear to be ahead of Worsham and Redding.

Now I ask ya:

Could they be inching ahead of Pope or Payton?
Dmoney just said Redding was standing out Among the freshman receivers during camp the other day. Also said pope has had a nice camp so no

Advertisement
This is Lashlee. He's done a great job of moving around and apprenticing under different systems. He could have easily stayed at Auburn and just stuck with the primarily run-based Malzahn spread. But he went to UConn then to SMU and learned the Air Raid under Dykes and incorporated those principles into the Malzahn system. He's going to make himself a lot of money one day as a HC.
We will be lucky if he’s here for 3 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back