Scrimmage buzz

Advertisement
I think if Mario meddled with the offense as much as some claim then either Dawson would have left this year or demanded full control to stay. No way he sticks around for another year if true.
You mean San Mario men'd the offense with the OL.

FYZICAL bro. FYZICAL.

I’d love to see us bring in more size inside on defense.
This staff has actually done a great job added more size inside through recruiting, those guys are just young and still developing (or not even on campus yet).

List of guys recruited and signed by Mario since he arrived (not including transfers)
DT Ahmad Moten 6-3 325 RSO
DT Josh Horton 6-4 295 RFR
DT Armondo Blount 6-2 310 FR
DT Justin Scott 6-4 310 FR
DT Artavius Jones 6-3 280 FR

Average 6-3 304

Now compare that to Michigans DT's during that same time
DT Mason Graham 6-3 318 JR
DT Kenneth Grant 6-3 339 JR
DT Alessandro Lorenzetti 6-5 301 JR
DT Brooks Bahr 6-5 298 SO
DT Cameron Brandt 6-4 277 SO
DT Trey Pierce 6-2 300 SO

Average 6-3 305

Advertisement
This staff has actually done a great job added more size inside through recruiting, those guys are just young and still developing (or not even on campus yet).

List of guys recruited and signed by Mario since he arrived (not including transfers)

Average 6-3 304

Average 6-3 305
Don’t think Blount is anywhere close to 310 but your point stands. Mario has upgraded size at every position, not only that but the overal talent has improved as well. The only part to critique is that most of that talent just got on campus so it will be 2-3 years before it is developed.

Advertisement

Average 6-3 304

Average 6-3 305
I was talking about a transfer. Obviously these freshman are big but getting contributions from freshman at DT is rare.
Cook, HH, Gore are small by most standards, especially for a team that wants to compete for a playoff spot.
Also, Kris Jenkins was a starter at Michigan last year at 305 will be a day 2 pick. So our current starters are 15lbs less on average than Michigans and on no team’s 2025 Draft boards.
The future is bright on DL. Actually it’s bright in general!

Advertisement
Really excited to watch this offense this fall. I think we will have a top 15 offense in CFB this season.
If you go out and get the best QB in free agency, and have had three years to build with a rep as among the best OL gurus in the sport, and don’t crack top 5 offense immediately something is wrong imo.

Advertisement
Me these days regarding Preseason Reports

IMG_5097.gif

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STAY HEALTHY!!!!!

If this team stays relatively healthy and doesn't have any major injury problems, it has all the makings of a double digit win season/potential ACC Title Game appearance/potential CFB Playoff appearance.

And if that happens, watch the fvck out because Mario aint stopping on the trail anytime soon!!!

Advertisement
Back