Scrimmage buzz

Yes God. FIU!!! I was ready to hurt someone after that one. I remember getting **** faced drunk and missing work the following Monday. Glad I did, cause some of my co workers had decorated my office area with FIU merch.
Which ECU game? They beat us in 96 and 99.

Advertisement
IDK. He probably meant 96. I remember laughing about that game before it kicked off. “We gon kill dese muhfuccas!” was what I was saying before the game and thru the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I wanted ****** fired by the middle of the 4th, 😂.

Last edited:
96… *** kicking to a team that lost to Southern Miss by 21 a week prior. Not to mention, it happened at the OB during a time when most of CFB considered the OB THE hardest place to win a game (had lost once in the 60 home games leading up to that game).

1999 was bad but it was on the road, close game & David Garrard was ECU QB. So at least it was to a legit NFL pro bowler.

96… *** kicking to a team that lost to Southern Miss by 21 a week prior. Not to mention, it happened at the OB during a time when most of CFB considered the OB THE hardest place to win a game (had lost once in the 60 home games leading up to that game).

1999 was bad but it was on the road, close game & David Garrard was ECU QB. So at least it was to a legit NFL pro bowler.
Yea I was there. Jermaine Chambers caught a TD to put us up 6-0 (missed PAT) and then it was all downhill. They had a RB I think named Scott Harley we couldn't stop.

Advertisement
Will Fletcher & Bain be available for Florida game or does Vinny strike again?
There's a rumor that Fletcher gonna be out a lot longer than we think. Sounded like someone slipped up on a recent Footballville youtube pod, and they tried to rushed past it. Sounded like he said for the season. Take with a grain of salt though considering they've been wrong before and Mario recently said Fletch would be back by summer.

There's a rumor that Fletcher gonna be out a lot longer than we think. Sounded like someone slipped up on a recent Footballville youtube pod, and they tried to rushed past it. Sounded like he said for the season. Take with a grain of salt though considering they've been wrong before and Mario recently said Fletch would be back by summer.

Im not counting on seeing him.

IMO our leading rusher for the 2024 season isn’t on the roster yet.

That has always been the most likely possibility. Injury has a 8-12 month recovery period so the absolute best case scenario is fall camp. With our rehab, 2026 is more likely.

Advertisement
That has always been the most likely possibility. Injury has a 8-12 month recovery period so the absolute best case scenario is fall camp. With our rehab, 2026 is more likely.
Did I miss where the actual injury was verified? I think I remember him hoping on one leg before he went down like a hamstring injury.

Did I miss where the actual injury was verified? I think I remember him hoping on one leg before he went down like a hamstring injury.
Foot. Know he got injured in the bowl game but wasn’t he out mid season with some injury - wasn’t it foot then? Was this a case where it was not healed and needed surgery regardless.

Foot. Know he got injured in the bowl game but wasn’t he out mid season with some injury - wasn’t it foot then? Was this a case where it was not healed and needed surgery regardless.
I remember it as a hammy but I fully admit to not being in the frame of mind to actually know. I don't even remember him playing in the bowl game but that's probably a coping mechanism.

Advertisement
I remember it as a hammy but I fully admit to not being in the frame of mind to actually know. I don't even remember him playing in the bowl game but that's probably a coping mechanism.
Thank you. I know in the bowl game originally everyone thought it might be Achilles which was confirmed later it was not that.

Advertisement
Verified injuries at Miami are never going to happen. It is rumored to be a Lis Franc injury.
So I hit the goggles and it reads as anything from a strain to multiple fractures. We have **** luck with injuries.

He had surgery so strain is out of the question. At any rate expect to never see him again and enjoy being surprised if you do.
Yeah once Mario said we would be aggressive in the portal at RB I figured this as well.

Parrish doesn’t have much to do with it. Citizen doesn’t either. But Fletcher being out would for sure

Advertisement
Back