Scout guys' predictions

Advertisement
I just do not understand wanting to be a Nole....

Look at dudes in the league, look at dudes in the pro bowl, look at dudes on all pro rosters and look at dudes in the SB...Miami has more NFL production than FSU.

breaking it down in a few areas.

Education: Miami
Name-Recognition: Tie
Dudes playing big time positions in the league: Miami
Tradition: Miami
Coach: . . . you already know.

After watching the 30 for 30 and "growing up a Miami fan" why in the **** would you not want to be a part of the same tradition and bring the U back to where it belongs? To be known as the group that turned it around? To be a hero in Coral Gables and Miami...I just will never understand the pull that FSU has..

sanction possiblility

Although I don't think it will happen if Bryant picks the U after all of this and becomes a productive player here he will go down in recruiting lore for decades on this board. It would really make for a humorous signing day cherry on top.

Mike:

Collins- Canes lead solidly over Arkansas.
Thomas- Canes slight lead over Bama.
Kirkland- Canes solid lead over Arkansas.

Coley- FSU slight lead over Miami but he has repeatedly said Miami has a great shot at flipping that.
Bryant- FSU slight lead over Miami
Bostwick- Miami slight lead over UF
Robinson- Miami/LSU neck and neck but it was said that Robinson's coach said he told LSU he is 100%

So no FSU....so weird. Either Mike has some serious insight, or he is just shooting **** in the air. Not even mentioning FSU seems pretty crazy.

Believe the reason is James Coley was the main recruiter for both. Seems logical but who knows.

Not entirely. Mike has maintained a Miami/Bama battle for Thomas for a long long time. Also has had a Miami/Arkansas battle when everyone was still saying FSU.

Look at dudes in the league, look at dudes in the pro bowl, look at dudes on all pro rosters and look at dudes in the SB...Miami has more NFL production than FSU.

After watching the 30 for 30 and "growing up a Miami fan" why in the **** would you not want to be a part of the same tradition and bring the U back to where it belongs? To be known as the group that turned it around? To be a hero in Coral Gables and Miami...I just will never understand the pull that FSU has..

sanction possiblility

Not after the events of last week...look at it this way..if you are a top tier dude...making it to the NFL would be a priority...I would take being in Miami and having a better shot at going pro and potentially millions of dollars than playing in a few bowls.

And now with the NCAA ******* up, no sanctions are not out of the realm of possibility.

Advertisement

sanction possiblility

+1, lets be honest we are homers and most of us are on the outside looking in. I personally think we are done with the bowl bans but that is just my opinion, to some student athletes that uncertainty is BIG. Oh and lets be honest again-our turnout at games is horrible, downright pathetic.

I'm a Canes Fan for life and see many "pros" for Miami but it does have its "cons"...student athletes add different weights to the pro's n con's.

Hate to say it, but I can see Thomas going to Alabama.

He's been handling this like a business decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Alabama as his best shot at the NFL.

Advertisement
My FSU booster friend told me that put on a real full-court press on Thomas, had him at Jimbo's house, etc. FSU still feels real good about him. It is entertaining to see how entrenched folks on all sides are with their convictions on his expected choice of school.

Not dogging you or your friend, but do you think fsu coaches would ever tell langston "were out of it. Kid likes UM more than us and is going there. Golden and his staff beat us out for him"? They want the fans to think they were in it despite losing coley and despite him being a local South FL kid but in the end we just barely won out.

He's been handling this like a business decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Alabama as his best shot at the NFL.

Sadly, I've kind of thought the same thing. Hoping this isn't our CJ Spiller moment.

From what I've seen, he knows he can get to the NFL wherever he goes. Plus we have a track record of guys succeeding in the league despite our struggles.

He wants to WIN in college. I could see him going to Bama because they're a well-oiled machine right now, but I think the urge to win at home is a strong pull.

sanction possiblility

Not after the events of last week...look at it this way..if you are a top tier dude...making it to the NFL would be a priority...I would take being in Miami and having a better shot at going pro and potentially millions of dollars than playing in a few bowls.

And now with the NCAA ****ing up, no sanctions are not out of the realm of possibility.

some players simply feel more comfortable at one place or the other. notwithstanding the comments here, FSU has plenty to offer: a great gameday atmosphere, fau, plenty of their guys go to the pros, and they've beaten us a few years straight now (though i expect this trend to reverse).

Advertisement
Vogt is a good analyst, yes he is a Nole but he does a good job covering Florida. He was beating the Duke drum last year early and had him as the #2 kid in the state way before everyone else got on the bandwagon from a national perspective. Said Duke was pound for pound the best player in the state. So in other words his predictions are to be considered.

He said that the best HS player in FL was a great player? Wow. I'm going to have to start paying attention to what he says.

Not so sure what saying Duke was a great player has to do with his ability to guess where a guy will attend college, but I'm all in with Vogt.

Yeah because we never put guys in the NFL. Sh#t, we put guys in the NFL who shouldn't have even been there. If Thomas is the player we think he is, then he'll be a top dog in the NFL whether he goes here or Alabama.

Advertisement
Vogt is a good analyst, yes he is a Nole but he does a good job covering Florida. He was beating the Duke drum last year early and had him as the #2 kid in the state way before everyone else got on the bandwagon from a national perspective. Said Duke was pound for pound the best player in the state. So in other words his predictions are to be considered.

He said that the best HS player in FL was a great player? Wow. I'm going to have to start paying attention to what he says.

Not so sure what saying Duke was a great player has to do with his ability to guess where a guy will attend college, but I'm all in with Vogt.

When everybody outside of us Canes who already knew what time it was with Duke, thought he was good but not as good as Pender, and was nothing more than a scat back, he had him listed higher. That is all....

Last edited:

When everybody outside of us Canes who already knew what time it was with Duke, thought he was good but not as good as Pender, and was nothing more than a scat back, he had him listed higher. That is all....

No offense, big man, but anyone with a shred of knowledge of the game who saw Duke play in HS knew he was absolutely dominant. I'm sure Vogt is a swell guy, but predicting that Duke was great wasn't such a great accomplishment. That's like predicting Corch Guntwood's cholesterol levels are high.

No offense, big man, but anyone with a shred of knowledge of the game who saw Duke play in HS knew he was absolutely dominant. I'm sure Vogt is a swell guy, but predicting that Duke was great wasn't such a great accomplishment. That's like predicting Corch Guntwood's cholesterol levels are high.

I hear you but unfortunately it took a bunch of these guys a bit longer. I understand that it is a tallest midget comparison but nonthe less Vogt is someone that you don't dismiss and that is all. I'm not sayin he is all knowing but he is better than most of these mouthbreathing Noles n brings good info to the table.

I'd say his best shot is at THE U

NFL LB's
Miami: Jon Beason, Tavares Gooden, Ray Lewis, Collin McCarthy, Rocky McIntosh, Darryl Sharpton, Sean Spence, Jonathan Vilma, DJ Williams, Leon Williams

Bama: Donta' Hightower, Rolondo McClain, Courtney Upshaw, DeMeco Ryans

Advertisement
Back