Scott Frost

Advertisement
He didn't apparently hide. He absolutely hid. In a closet.

Now Lawrence Phillips was obviously a legit psychopath but that's still a ***** move.

Peyton Matocha at least would've went out fighting.
Just a non-confrontational dude. Of course, only can imagine what Phillips would have done to him if didn't go hiding. That said, Frost best to continue doing his thing in Nebraska and hide from the current Me-Too crowd.

This is practically insane. Why in the world would you want to hire a coach that wouldve been recently fired from a P5 school? A School that’s giving him every resource to win?

His teams have been getting hammered every week at Nebraska and his teams look soft, unprepared, undisciplined, and looks like a corch, but you want him here?

And he didn’t build UCF from scratch. He won with players George O’Leary recruited. Almost the entire team were O’Leary guys.
Frost was only there 2 years
He took over a garbage program that was once historically successful. In era when demographically speaking college football was different. It was not uncommon for white players to start at any position across the board. That's very rare now. I am not bringing up race from a talent perspective. But to point out the Nebraska does not resonate with African American athletes. Frost thought with his offensive genius and recruiting prowess he could change that he won't. The players he recruited and developed at Oregon and UCF were South Florida players. Elite players to even good players are not breaking down the door to play at Nebraska. Yes he will have a long leash and can stay as long as he wants but I doubt they will ever be as successful as the fans there expect. They ran Bo Polini out of town after repeatedly having successful seasons. Mark Richt was probably the biggest name and most successful coach we could have hired. The way he left town good luck luring in an up and coming coach. Like the Nebraska fans we live in the past and demand unreasonable results. Fans literally get on this site year after year and talk playoffs when we haven't had a respectable Oline in years. We will have to hire a talented coach who has something to prove a guy looking to use this job as a stepping stone. Most likely a guy who has the statistical accolades on offense or defense but not the wins to back it up. Manny was a rush job no doubt but I laughed when I saw Matt Campbells name thrown around. No way he comes here. I love the high expectations but come down to earth. The local media coverage for this school rival some Nfl teams. No up and coming coach who has had success will sign up to deal with that plus the rabid entitled fan base. Plus battle Bama Clemson and Georgia every year for the areas top talent. You need a guy with a huge ego something to prove and has a history of doing more with less. That's Scott Frost. Butch Davis name gets dropped daily but Scott Frost is nuts got it. Bo Polini type. As far as giving Manny more time Manny came in day one preaching "The Standard" and going to Charlotte. Not rebuilding and taking time. Why can't I hold him to the standards he held Mark Richt. He is literally worst that Richt so far. Just was smart enough to actually have an OC.

Last edited:
Ummm... so if Frost won and went undefeated with OLearys players does that mean that Heupel won and went undefeated with Frost’s players?

It's year two for him in Lincoln. Way to early to say he "failed" as the Huskers have been a disaster for years. Mike Riley was 19-19 there over three seasons. Gonna take a few classes before he can make a dent. Frost was 6-7 year one Central Florida and then went 13-0 playing nobodies years two.

Husker have tougher competition this year with Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa. Probably looking at an 8-4 season, which is improvement based on last year.

DREAM ON, CornSUCKER apologist! That Cornsucker team AIN'T finishing 8-4 this season!

Advertisement
Frost ain't tough enough to lead the Canes. Back in the day, dude apparently hid while Nebraska star RB Lawrence Phillips dragged his girlfriend down the stairs of apartment. Not a good look.

CornSUCKER head coach did RUN AWAY when LP went ballistic on his girl friend! But Frost really isn't at fault. Because CornSUCKER AD and Tom Osborne and the BIG MONEY donors lamely attempted to COVER UP the entire fiasco. Fortunately, the college football mass media, and distinguished rags such as the New York Times and Washington Post, came to the rescue and PREVENTED a small town capitol town COVER-UP. Ouch.

Also, said girl friend comes from a SOLID upper-middle class family and her parents PUT THE SHAKE DOWN HEAT and both Osborne and the AD!

only reason he turned down florida was they wouldnt let him bring in his whole staff from UCF. nebraska did
He turned down the gator. I like it regardless of reason. Miami made JJ keep a bunch of Howard's staff, but that honey badger just didn't care he came anyway. Frost isn't JJ and UF isn't Miami. I prefer he hire new, higher end guys because our experience with a HC's boys has suck.

If "Florida talent" was the big factor, we would see at least some of the Florida teams having success. "Florida talent" is the most overrated element talked about on this board.
You do have to get the special ones and not let them go to Bama and others. But it is possible that FL talent isn't what it use to be. Maybe kids lives are not hard enough with all the money flowing around them.

One thing I remember was an old black coach down here, I can't remember his name, used to say that the speed our kids has was from the sand under our grass. Their lives were spent with the sand pulling on their legs so when that go on a well built football field it was like the weights coming off. Maybe our high school fields have gotten better or the parks have. I remember sand pitts when JJ and Butch were coaching. I have noticed that our team at less is much slower than before.

Advertisement
When the Nebraska experiment at the end of the year or next year maybe he would be humbled enough to take this job. Developed two and three star talent at UCF and built a program from scratch. Offense would be fun to watch.

Frost is getting at least one more season.

Why are we talking about a new coach coming here? What has Diaz done for everybody to want him fired? Has he brought instant results? No. But, we are 7 points away from being 4-0. We lost to a Florida team that's currently undefeated and to a North Carolina team that was a 2 point conversion away from upsetting the number 1 team in the country. I'm riding with MD until the wheels fall off! Scott Frost is ****ting bricks in Nebraska. It hasn't even been a year since CMD was hired and you all want him fired. GTFOH!

Anybody with half a brain knows that Manny has been the biggest disaster of any new coach, except for possibly Geoff Collins at Georgia Tech. (Who at least has the excuse of a learning curve as they transition away from the option.)

One thing I remember was an old black coach down here, I can't remember his name, used to say that the speed our kids has was from the sand under our grass. Their lives were spent with the sand pulling on their legs so when that go on a well built football field it was like the weights coming off. Maybe our high school fields have gotten better or the parks have. I remember sand pitts when JJ and Butch were coaching. I have noticed that our team at less is much slower than before.

MOAR Sand!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
When the Nebraska experiment at the end of the year or next year maybe he would be humbled enough to take this job. Developed two and three star talent at UCF and built a program from scratch. Offense would be fun to watch.
Lol he’s there for the long haul.

Have you been drinking already this morning? Or are you just illiterate? I have not said anything of the sort. We’re just discussing his merits alongside plenty of other coaches. But you seem certain he isn’t good. I am less certain.

Whatever.
We will also be a MAC team when he gets fired in a year or 2.

Advertisement
Anybody with half a brain knows that Manny has been the biggest disaster of any new coach, except for possibly Geoff Collins at Georgia Tech. (Who at least has the excuse of a learning curve as they transition away from the option.)
That's your opinion which you're entitled to. But, what makes him a disaster?

Frost is getting at least one more season.
He will probably get as much time as he wants. If they were still in the Big 12 definately think he has success. Not the Big 10 though. My main point is a coach in Frost situation is what we need to target. I hoped Manny is the guy. Central Michigan game was a disaster. They better bring it against Tech. He seems like a Fuente type hire.

No Scott Frost coached team, to this day, has ever stopped an offense with a pulse.

The same people clamoring for him now will be calling for his head the first time we lose a game 55-53.

Advertisement
Back