Scott Frost

Advertisement
0-12? You’re not looking at the entire picture. You’re viewing this through a tiny prism, and that kind of thinking usually leads to big mistakes.

UCF’s record under O’Leary a few years leading up to that season:

2012: 10-4
2013: 12-1 (BCS bowl game and a win)
2014: 9-4
2015: 0-8 (O’Leary was burnt out and resigned 8 games into the season). His assistant coached the final 4 games.

This shows you front didn’t “build UCF from scratch”. Frost won with guys O’Leary recruited...guys that already tasted success in that program (10, 12 and 9 win seasons with bowl game appearances in those years). And the played in a BCS bowl game in 2013, and won.

2015 was an extreme outlier. It was an anomaly.

O’Leary’s regime spotted and recruited the talent frost won with.

2013. Oh my. Frost went undefeated in 2017.

For them to fire him within the next 2 years he’s have to be mindblowingly bad. So why would you want someone like that

Bill Belichick failed once too. That isn’t a commentary on Frost. You just have to look past the surface. What happened, and why? What did he learn from it? How good can he be? Simple blame and credit games are useless for complex evals.

I look deeper into the numbers, rather than saying this or that person “failed”, therefore they aren’t capable of success in the future. Whats the culture like? What kind of resources do you have at your disposal? Whats happening with my competitors - do they have talent/resource and culture advantages? These are just some of the things that numbers don’t show.

Cleveland had a horrible culture, and even though he missed the playoffs 3/4 years, Belicheck actually had an 11-5 season and made the playoffs hid third year there. But after Belicheck failed, he was an assistant for FIVE YEARS prior to getting another shot as as a HC. He was just handed another NFL head coaching job the very next season

Frost literally won with O’Leary’s guys...that team won 10, 12 and 9 games, and had a BCS bowl game win, prior to that 0-12 year...the year O’Leary resigned in 2015 from burnout.

You just want to hand him another P5 job if he fails miserable at Nebraska...a place with a sound culture (his ala mater), and a location he’s being given every resource possible to succeed? That makes no sense

Advertisement
I look deeper into the numbers, rather than saying this or that person “failed”, therefore they aren’t capable of success in the future. Whats the culture like? What kind of resources do you have at your disposal? Whats happening with my competitors - do they have talent/resource and culture advantages? These are just some of the things that numbers don’t show.

Cleveland had a horrible culture, and even though he missed the playoffs 3/4 years, Belicheck actually had an 11-5 season and made the playoffs hid third year there. But after Belicheck failed, he was an assistant for FIVE YEARS prior to getting another shot as as a HC. He was just handed another NFL head coaching job the very next season

Frost literally won with O’Leary’s guys...that team won 10, 12 and 9 games, and had a BCS bowl game win, prior to that 0-12 year...the year O’Leary resigned in 2015 from burnout.

You just want to hand him another P5 job if he fails miserable at Nebraska...a place with a sound culture (his ala mater), and a location he’s being given every resource possible to succeed? That makes no sense
Have you been drinking already this morning? Or are you just illiterate? I have not said anything of the sort. We’re just discussing his merits alongside plenty of other coaches. But you seem certain he isn’t good. I am less certain.

Whatever.

And Coker went undefeated in 2001.

Does the 2017 season proves Frost built that program from scratch?

Does the sustained success UCF showed From 2012-2014 count?

Coker went undefeated in 2001 after the team he took over lost one game in 2000. There was no separation. You're trying to sell that Frost went undefeated in 2017 because they won a BCS bowl game in 2013.

UCF was at rock bottom in 2015. They lost 44-3 to end the 2015 season and finish 0-12, but, yeah, the pieces were in place to be the best G5 team in 2017. Anyone could have won with those players.

Advertisement
Have you been drinking already this morning? Or are you just illiterate? I have not said anything of the sort. We’re just discussing his merits alongside plenty of other coaches. But you seem certain he isn’t good. I am less certain.

Whatever.

Why in the world have you gotten so triggered and upset you felt the need to attack me over something this minor?

I Didn’t disrespect you at all. I only made a counterpoint and responded to you in a gentlemanly way.

I never said Frost isn’t good. I’m saying, he won with another coaches players at UCF, and he seems to be foundering at Nebraska in year 2, even though he has plenty of resources at his disposal and a great company culture to operate under.

If he fails there, that enough evidence to give you pause, and I believe it would be a mistake to hire him THE VERY NEXT YEAR after he were fired, if he’s never actually built a program and failed when given the chance to actually do it at a P5 program with **** near unlimited resources.

When that happens you either go to a lower program as HC or you go back to being a coordinator at another P5 program to rebuild the resume. And that doesn’t mean he can’t learn, grow and become a better coach in the future.

Why in the world have you gotten so triggered and upset you felt the need to attack me over something this minor?

I Didn’t disrespect you at all. I only made a counterpoint and responded to you in a gentlemanly way.

I never said Frost isn’t good. I’m saying, he won with another coaches players at UCF, and he seems to be foundering at Nebraska in year 2, even though he has plenty of resources at his disposal and a great company culture to operate under.

If he fails there, that enough evidence to give you pause, and I believe it would be a mistake to hire him THE VERY NEXT YEAR after he were fired, if he’s never actually built a program and failed when given the chance to actually do it at a P5 program with **** near unlimited resources.

When that happens you either go to a lower program as HC or you go back to being a coordinator at another P5 program to rebuild the resume. And that doesn’t mean he can’t learn, grow and become a better coach in the future.
I am not triggered at all. You are just twisting other people’s words or confusing people. I haven’t said he’s a rock star. Someone else may have. I said ‘time will tell.’ No big deal. i am less negative on him than you seem to be but we will see. You keep saying he won with O’Leary’s players but ignore that they were 0-12 the year before he arrived.

I am not triggered at all. You are just twisting other people’s words or confusing people. I haven’t said he’s a rock star. Someone else may have. I said ‘time will tell.’ No big deal. i am less negative on him than you seem to be but we will see. You keep saying he won with O’Leary’s players but ignore that they were 0-12 the year before he arrived.

And he ignores that UCF's best players in 2017 were recruited by Scott Frost.

Advertisement
Coker went undefeated in 2001 after the team he took over lost one game in 2000. There was no separation. You're trying to sell that Frost went undefeated in 2017 because they won a BCS bowl game in 2013.

UCF was at rock bottom in 2015. They lost 44-3 to end the 2015 season and finish 0-12, but, yeah, the pieces were in place to be the best G5 team in 2017. Anyone could have won with those players.

My entire point is frost took over a program that had players that were either recruited by O’Leary and /or played under O’Leary.

That program averaged 11 wins per season over a 3 year period between 2012 to 2014 and had a BCS bowl victory. This suggests the 2015 season was a statistical anomaly.

And no, I’m not saying “anyone could’ve won” with those players. My entire premise is frost did not build that program from scratch.

Sure you are triggered. Read your reply to me, man. I’m just making a point on a message board. It’s not that serious

Advertisement
My entire point is frost took over a program that had players that were either recruited by O’Leary and /or played under O’Leary.

That program averaged 11 wins per season over a 3 year period between 2012 to 2014 and had a BCS bowl victory. This suggests the 2015 season was a statistical anomaly.

And no, I’m not saying “anyone could’ve won” with those players. My entire premise is frost did not build that program from scratch.

Every coach takes over a program that already has players. No one is saying that he literally built a field and ordered uniforms. But he had a program that had no talent. He then recruited guys like Milton and Killins and then went undefeated.

2015 wasn't some weird outlier. They were losing games by 40 points. The program was done.

Vince Lombardi is still within reach. All we would need is someone who can talk to the dead and be a great recruiter.
****, we can do better than that. Let's dig up Rockne & the Four Horsemen. While we're at it, we'll call on Grantland Rice to fill in for Susy.

hey they put UCF in a power 5 like the acc or something. watch out because that campus is beautiful, on campus stadium, IPF. in central florida. it wont be the big 3 anymore it will be big 4. i think that team rite now gives UM, fsu, and florida a run for their money

Built from scratch?? Yes the team was 0-12 the season before Frost took over, but O'Leary built this team from next to nothing. O'Leary laid the foundation for Frost. The 0-12 team was full of Freshman & Sophomore's that eventually would help Frost go 13-0 in 2017.

When the Nebraska experiment at the end of the year or next year maybe he would be humbled enough to take this job. Developed two and three star talent at UCF and built a program from scratch. Offense would be fun to watch.

Advertisement
Back