SCORE PREDICTION --- Canes - A&M

First team to 24 wins. I don't see either team winning by double digits though.

UM keeps it close, down at halftime and we make the adjustments to win it.

Canes 24
aTm 20

Advertisement
Run Away GIF

you chicken

Miami 23
TAMU 20

Putting my trust in TVD and for him to capitalize and give us a couple of big plays in the 2nd half to put us in prime scoring position. Fully expect us to be stubborn with the run as well, but unlike years past I do think we can ultimately get a little rhythm going. I don't expect huge rushing numbers, but I do think we convert a couple of key short yardage situations. I also think their QB will gift us one to give us another short field. Achane will 1000% get his. Our LB's matched up with him and asked to bottle him up scares the sh*t out of me but we do enough to not let him single handedly beat us. Their freshman WR also scares me, but I don't think their QB will get him the ball enough. Mesidor and Taylor play out of their minds, and we sack TAMU 3 times. This really boils down to TVD vs. King for me in a low scoring, ugly game. Jimbo might throw another QB out there if things go stale for them and I expect Steele to be very aggressive when that happens. We must keep that in check and capitalize on any mistakes they make.

Miami 23
TAMU 20

Putting my trust in TVD and for him to capitalize and give us a couple of big plays in the 2nd half to put us in prime scoring position. Fully expect us to be stubborn with the run as well, but unlike years past I do think we can ultimately get a little rhythm going. I don't expect huge rushing numbers, but I do think we convert a couple of key short yardage situations. I also think their QB will gift us one to give us another short field. Achane will 1000% get his. Our LB's matched up with him and asked to bottle him up scares the sh*t out of me but we do enough to not let him single handedly beat us. Their freshman WR also scares me, but I don't think their QB will get him the ball enough. Mesidor and Taylor play out of their minds, and we sack TAMU 3 times. This really boils down to TVD vs. King for me in a low scoring, ugly game. Jimbo might throw another QB out there if things go stale for them and I expect Steele to be very aggressive when that happens. We must keep that in check and capitalize on any mistakes they make.
Best path to victory I've read. You've nearly convinced me.

Preseason and early-season rankings are meaningless guesses. A&M lost to App State, but A&M was overrated and App State is underrated. They are a good football team with a mountain-sized chip on its shoulder.

In the first half of our game last week, TVD played the worst since coming off the bench against Bama last season, which was predictable under the circumstances. I think he plays with a big chip on his shoulder this weekend, looks like his old self, and we win a close one 24-21. It would not surprise me if Gattis started this game throwing to open up the run, as I imagine A&M is expecting us to establish the run.

Advertisement
I think this game has the biggest potential for 100k Boo Birds to be raining down on Cuckbo's head the entire time he's been at TAMU and perhaps even for his entire coaching career.

Two quick Canes scores. One off of a turnover and then a quick 3 and out by TAMU as they start to play QB carousel and we'll have effectively demoralized all of Southeast Texas.

I've always said this game will rest completely on TVD's shoulders. Hopefully he meets that challenge and Gattis comes out aggressive.

Gimme Elijah Arroyo coming "home" and having a monster game as an incessant narrative during the broadcast too.

Last edited:
If we were playing Oregon on Saturday and they started the season with a mediocre performance against a FCS school followed by a home loss against the University of Hawaii, would so many UM fans be ****ting their pants right now?

It's odd - we literally witnessed the same thing happen with Jimbo at FSU, yet a lot of fans can't fathom the possibility that TAMU is simply a poorly coached team. This isn't the first time he's flopped. Jimbo had, on paper, one of the most talented teams in the country at FSU but the wheels completely fell off. Why is it so hard to believe that a 8-4 team from last year hasn't improved?

I think this game has the biggest potential for 100k Boo Birds to be raining down on Cuckbo's head the entire time he's been at TAMU and perhaps even for his entire coaching career.

Two quick Canes scores. One off of a turnover and then a quick 3 and out by TAMU as they start to play QB carousel and we'll have effectively demoralized all of Southeast Texas.

I've always said this game will rest completely on TVD's shoulders. Hopefully he meets that challenge and Gattis comes out aggressive.

Gimme Elijah Arroyo coming "home" and having a monster game as an incessant narrative during the broadcast too.
TVD will be the diff between 8-4 and 10-2/11-1 imo. hes that good

Advertisement
If we were playing Oregon on Saturday and they started the season with a mediocre performance against a FCS school followed by a home loss against the University of Hawaii, would so many UM fans be ****ting their pants right now?

It's odd - we literally witnessed the same thing happen with Jimbo at FSU, yet a lot of fans can't fathom the possibility that TAMU is simply a poorly coached team. This isn't the first time he's flopped. Jimbo had, on paper, one of the most talented teams in the country at FSU but the wheels completely fell off. Why is it so hard to believe that a 8-4 team from last year hasn't improved?
the diff is atm is way more talented than Oregon

Miami 24
Texas A&M - 21

Miami better be ready to get punched in the mouth. A&M will come out guns ablaze. A&M will be ****ed and wanting to correct the wrong that happened the week prior. It wouldn't surprise me if Miami was down at the half. It will be a tough hard fought game but TVD will be the difference in this game. Canes roll.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
the FSU team we barely beat on a miracle catch after they started a 100 pd freshman at QB?

Yes that team. 100 LB QB or not, they still were the 4th most talented team in the country and had 10 5 stars. I am curious if you were predicted that UM would lose to that talented Jimbo Fisher coached FSU team.

Advertisement
Back