SCORE PREDICTION --- Canes - A&M

Advertisement
If our corners show up to the party, This will get ugly fast. Think the O-line and D-line is going to Dominate. Plus we got a lot of skill players from the CRIB who played in big games all they life since optimist.

That’s really the biggest thing for me too. It’s too big of an if for me to feel comfortable right now, but if they do show up and at least don’t have any major blown coverages, I like us by 10. That’s quite a large “IF” though.

38-16 aTm.

Will legit print and eat this post if we win.

Moping til I CAN'T mope anymore.

IF Mario's the guy, it's gonna take awhile.

We looked an AWFUL lot like 20-21 teams under Manny in first 2 weeks with some slight improvements on Oline/running against inferior opponents.

That's the BIG improvement we've seen thus far.

We've averaged about 450-500 yds per game so far, 350 is the sky here; aTm's young defense is still legit.

A TD, and some stalled out drives, settling for FGs is the likely.

Our offense hasn't shown anything to be jazzed up about, who knows? show me.

We ain't there yet.

Like others said, all world coaching staff doesn't magically transform a patchwork roster of talent in one offseason.

Mark it down, their new starting QB?

Bout to go Burrow, Young, Howell, et al., bc of Flagg, Steed, Ivey and Blades.

Think we go slow start, deficit early and try to claw out, but it's gonna look like most other big games for the recent past.

38-16 aTm.

Will legit print and eat this post if we win.

Moping til I CAN'T mope anymore.

IF Mario's the guy, it's gonna take awhile.

We looked an AWFUL lot like 20-21 teams under Manny in first 2 weeks with some slight improvements on Oline/running against inferior opponents.

That's the BIG improvement we've seen thus far.

We've averaged about 450-500 yds per game so far, 350 is the sky here; aTm's young defense is still legit.

A TD, and some stalled out drives, settling for FGs is the likely.

Our offense hasn't shown anything to be jazzed up about, who knows? show me.

We ain't there yet.

Like others said, all world coaching staff doesn't magically transform a patchwork roster of talent in one offseason.

Mark it down, their new starting QB?

Bout to go Burrow, Young, Howell, et al., bc of Flagg, Steed, Ivey and Blades.

Think we go slow start, deficit early and try to claw out, but it's gonna look like most other big games for the recent past.

This game may not be considered a must-win by most, but it 100% is a must-compete. Based on everything we’ve seen from A&M, even with a QB change, they’re not there yet either. They’re a 9-3 team (assuming they beat us) this year, barring Jimbo deciding to ride with Weigman at QB and he balls out.

I really don’t think that’s too much to ask: just don’t show up flat and get rolled. We have enough talent to at least give them a game. If we get rolled by this A&M team, that’s a major red flag. The specifics of that red flag depend on the reasons, obviously, but a red flag nonetheless. Would indicate a very rough season ahead of us, quite honestly

We cannot afford to get blown out here. I deeply hope you’re wrong.

Advertisement
This game may not be considered a must-win by most, but it 100% is a must-compete. Based on everything we’ve seen from A&M, even with a QB change, they’re not there yet either. They’re a 9-3 team (assuming they beat us) this year, barring Jimbo deciding to ride with Weigman at QB and he balls out.

I really don’t think that’s too much to ask: just don’t show up flat and get rolled. We have enough talent to at least give them a game. If we get rolled by this A&M team, that’s a major red flag. The specifics of that red flag depend on the reasons, obviously, but a red flag nonetheless. Would indicate a very rough season ahead of us, quite honestly

We cannot afford to get blown out here. I deeply hope you’re wrong.
Just for reference - a&m has not blown out (rather subjective, but I'll go with 24+ points) a p5 team (not named South Carolina) in at least 5 years.

31-17 A&M. They are better at every position except QB, TE and maybe S. TVD gives us a chance but I just don’t see it happening.

Advertisement
Just for reference - a&m has not blown out (rather subjective, but I'll go with 24+ points) a p5 team (not named South Carolina) in at least 5 years.

Eh, I would say it can be a blowout at less than 24 points. Missouri by 21 and USCe by 30 last year. Year before that, won several by double digits (wouldn’t really classify those as blowouts but I remember a couple being pretty close to it w/o garbage points), and Tenn by 21. Most of those teams don’t exactly have our level of talent, but still, I’d classify that statement as a bit of a stretch lol

Don’t get me wrong, a blowout seems unlikely given how they’ve looked at multiple positions. All the more reason it would be a major red flag and I’m definitely not confident enough to completely discount it

I can’t help but think they start fast and try to hit us in the mouth. First half is big here: if we can get pressure on Max early, particularly without blitzing…I know he’s very safe with the ball and loves his checkdowns, but man you’d have to imagine he makes a few mistakes.

But if A&M blitzes us and jumps out to a 17-3 lead in the 1H, it’ll be they much more difficult to come back. Jumbo will devour that clock and it’ll be gone before we know it. We have to get them off the field early.

For as much hype as TVD has gotten…slightly worried that he has only one big time throw and three turnover-worthy plays (all with clean pockets) in 2022. He HAS to trust his WRs, and Gattis needs to make life easy when he gets hot; keep that rhythm going by going up-tempo a bit, put A&M on their heels.

TE’s need 75-80+ yds. It’s time to unleash the double concepts and let Arroyo and Mallory run.

27-20 A&M final

Advertisement
Talent advantage to them across the roster, except one spot (qb), maybe we have better RB but their d-line nullifies that. Our TE probably make more money in the pros but you wouldn’t know it watching so far in this trash can offense.

We are only definitively better at QB and we have an offense that neuters a pocket passer. They are going to be motivated after a hellish week. If they had a real quarterback and a real play caller they would smoke us. But they don’t, so the game will actually be close if I were to guess.

ATM 27
UM 17

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back