Schwartz

95% chance this kid takes the Marvin Bracy/Xavier carter route. Minimal if any impact on the college football field. Too many other good options at WR or other positions to risk wasting a scholly. It's like most of you haven't realized yet we are going to cleaning up at WR from here on out.

Or he could take the James Jett, Patrick Johnson, marquis Goodwin, Robert griffin, Daryl green, wille guilt, Jeff demps etc. route and do both

Wake me up when the kid does something in pads. Whitfield was a much better HS player and ran the same times, barely did anything in college and that was on FSU teams that lacked elite WR talent. Schwartz would get buried here.

Meaningless. He can do both.

Kid has 4 catches in his HS career. You've developed quite an opinion on him while watching him run sprints in tights because he sure hasn't done **** in pads.

For comparisons sake, Whitfield had 32 catches for 474yds and 6tds as a sophmore in HS.

Whitfield played for a coach who was willing to get him the ball. Swartz not so much. People pretending that Swartz can't develop into a pretty good wr. theres no difference in taking a chance on a guy like him or Wiggins. Wiggins has questionable speed that may not translate. Who do you take a chance on? Comes down to personel preferences I guess.

Advertisement
Swartz plays for a clown coach so I'm not concerned about his stats. The kid has said he wants to do both but people keep saying he'll concentrate on track so we don't want him. Silly reason at this point when he's already said he's gonna do both.

Then you have guys that say I'll take Wiggins over Swartz or whatever. Fine. Wiggins could become a scrub. Then what? Either way you're taking a chance.

You just said the kid was poorly coached which means he's going to show up on the roster with likely less than 30 career catches under his belt, dead last on the depth chart, and instead of getting better at being a WR in the spring/summer he'll be running track.

I love his speed but there is no longer a speed deficit for us at WR. He brings nothing else to the table regarding size or experience.

Last edited:
Swartz plays for a clown coach so I'm not concerned about his stats. The kid has said he wants to do both but people keep saying he'll concentrate on track so we don't want him. Silly reason at this point when he's already said he's gonna do both.

Then you have guys that say I'll take Wiggins over Swartz or whatever. Fine. Wiggins could become a scrub. Then what? Either way you're taking a chance.

You just said the kid was poorly coached which means he's going to show up on the roster with likely less than 30 career catches under his belt, dead last on the depth chart, and instead of getting better at being a WR in the spring/summer he'll be running track.

I love his speed but there is no longer a speed deficit for us at WR. He brings nothing else to the table regarding size or experience.

so are we only supposed to evaluate players based off what they are asked to do in high school, or what their talents/skill set tell you they have the ability to do?

OK, so let me ask a simple question.

The GaytorBait article says that Schwartz's top 3 are all SEC schools.

So why are we talking about him?

I have very limited patience for this type of stuff. Not a top target and he still doesn't prioritize UM? Pass.

OK, so let me ask a simple question.

The GaytorBait article says that Schwartz's top 3 are all SEC schools.

So why are we talking about him?

I have very limited patience for this type of stuff. Not a top target and he still doesn't prioritize UM? Pass.

From sofla

Plays for a powerhouse in sofla

Fastest kid in the '18 class

People love speed which is why people overlook his receiving skills. Either way there doesn't appear to be interest on either side anymore

Advertisement
Yea the kid doesn't seem to be interested in us...the staff doesn't seem to be showing much interest in him......but we've gone 5 pages + singing his praises.....

If the kid doesn't want to be here see ya....your either gonna be a Cane or get beat by the Canes....nothing in the middle.

Kevin Austin or bust.

Schwartz is more of a track guy than football player. Will never be what he's being built up to be on a football field. Track kids who play football don't normally "kill" it. Just an opinion of course

so are we only supposed to evaluate players based off what they are asked to do in high school, or what their talents/skill set tell you they have the ability to do?

It's a far better formula than just having blind faith that his speed and half assed commitment to football will somehow lead him to be a great WR. Especially when you consider we're literally out there handpicking actual elite receivers with broader skillsets and experience. We've got guys like Kalani Norris and Brieon Fuller who are already far better WR's ready to commit next cycle.

Miami fans need to learn to let go of this "diamond in the rough" mentality approach to recruiting now. We're back.

What I meant is he plays for a coach who isn't utilizing him. I thought that was clear as I mentioned Whitfield played for a coach who at least tried to use his skills.

Your comment about him not getting better in spring or summer because of track is silly. You know how many big time former canes ran track and still balled out? lol. That's just at Miami.

Miami has one proven wr on the roster with game breaking speed and that's Richards. Everybody else hasn't done chit yet up to this point.

If you look at it there isn't much difference between Swartz and Harley except the fact that Harley played on a team who at least gave him the ball. Harley is rail thin and small. Swartz is bigger and faster than Harley. Harley isn't some polished receiver by any stretch of the imagination. Swartz is an automatic threat right now because of his 100m speed and ability the excellerate and separate quickly. If you don't have a problem with Harley then you shouldn't have a problem with Swartz.

I'd swap Swartz for Wiggins right now. Wiggins speed situation bothers me.

Advertisement

It's a far better formula than just having blind faith that his speed and half assed commitment to football will somehow lead him to be a great WR. Especially when you consider we're literally out there handpicking actual elite receivers with broader skillsets and experience. We've got guys like Kalani Norris and Brieon Fuller who are already far better WR's ready to commit next cycle.

Miami fans need to learn to let go of this "diamond in the rough" mentality approach to recruiting now. We're back.

Well I disagree with you on the fact that you can't recruit based on traits, and only should based on production/what they're asked to do.
With Schwartz particularly I've been clear that I would rather have him than Elijah Moore, but that I'd rather only just take 3 WRs at this point unless we can get Marshall from LSU or wherever, Xavier Williams from Bama, K Austin from ND, or Thompson from FSU.

So basically I'd go:
Marshall > Xavier > Austin > Thompson > Only 3 WRs > Shwartz > Moore.

What I meant is he plays for a coach who isn't utilizing him. I thought that was clear as I mentioned Whitfield played for a coach who at least tried to use his skills.

Your comment about him not getting better in spring or summer because of track is silly. You know how many big time former canes ran track and still balled out? lol. That's just at Miami.

Miami has one proven wr on the roster with game breaking speed and that's Richards. Everybody else hasn't done chit yet up to this point.

If you look at it there isn't much difference between Swartz and Harley except the fact that Harley played on a team who at least gave him the ball. Harley is rail thin and small. Swartz is bigger and faster than Harley. Harley isn't some polished receiver by any stretch of the imagination. Swartz is an automatic threat right now because of his 100m speed and ability the excellerate and separate quickly. If you don't have a problem with Harley then you shouldn't have a problem with Swartz.

**** and you were doing well. Then you had to go and say this stupid last sentence.

Yea the kid doesn't seem to be interested in us...the staff doesn't seem to be showing much interest in him......but we've gone 5 pages + singing his praises.....

If the kid doesn't want to be here see ya....your either gonna be a Cane or get beat by the Canes....nothing in the middle.

lol. Funny you say that. Miami won't be doing anything if they don't get good/great players. You don't get certain guys? That's fine but the other guy you replace him with better be just as good or better.

People were talking that BS when Bridgewater decommitted but he was replaced by a scrub.

Advertisement

lol. Funny you say that. Miami won't be doing anything if they don't get good/great players. You don't get certain guys? That's fine but the other guy you replace him with better be just as good or better.

People were talking that BS when Bridgewater decommitted but he was replaced by a scrub.

what does that have to do with Schwartz?

what does that have to do with Schwartz?

It's just a comment in general.

**** and you were doing well. Then you had to go and say this stupid last sentence.

People act like Wiggins is some sure thing. He isn't. His 100m speed is below avg for a Miami wr IMO. Just concerns me. The risk seems to be the same with these two **** give me the sprint champ.

Advertisement

People act like Wiggins is some sure thing. He isn't. His 100m speed is below avg for a Miami wr IMO. Just concerns me. The risk seems to be the same with these two **** give me the sprint champ.
He recently had a higher 100m run than mike Harley and he's 6'3 plus

This. Waste of typing and reading.

Brock you lying.

LMAO!!! Say what you want about Par's track obsession but when it comes to track...he ain't neva gonna get a time wrong.

[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION], I think you jumped the shark tank on this one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back