Schwartz

Advertisement
In an effort to be unbiased regarding Schwartz, X. Wms and Austin, I watched 17 hours of highlights on each. First let me address the cliche so freely expressed here and generally about exceptional speed guys like Schwartz. Neither of these kids are polished route runners and in watching the film of each, Wms. nor Austin demonstrated what anyone could label being better route runners than Schwartz. I was really glad I did do a comparative film review because what I saw only enhanced my opinion that Schwartz should be our guy.

1. The idea that Williams or Austin are better route runners didn't demonstrate itself on film.

2. Most shockingly the film showed that Wms is not fast and would be a possession receiver. A look at his Nike numbers showed a rounded off 4.6 guy.

3. Schwartz showed "far" more versatility and capability than either on punt returns, jet sweeps, come back routes and reverses. His speed was so far superior in making each of those plays successful.

4. Schwartz played and practiced against better competition also.

5. Austin looked to be a more capable receive than Wms. I would take Austin over Williams.

6. Last, there is no doubt that Schwartz's superior speed would make him a far more dangerous receiver in more "areas" than Williams or Austin

Just go look at the film before responding.
Sorry, gotta disagree with you on that...

Schwartz only ran two routes last year, 9's & a one quick out, he mostly was used in jet sweeps & reverses.

He barely caught 10 balls last year, so where specifically did all these routes come from you saw?

Kevin Austin is the best overall WR left among the group we're looking at for the #4 spot in this class.

No one would ever argue that Schwartz isn't fast, but again his productivity shows AH either doesn't utilize him or he simply is a one trick pony.

How many of those Speed demons like him are killing it in college football or the NFL? Take a look at the best WR's in the nation, just having speed isn't enough to make a great WR.

There isn't a Coach in the country that would take Schwartz ahead of Austin, regardless of his Speed.

In an effort to be unbiased regarding Schwartz, X. Wms and Austin, I watched 17 hours of highlights on each. First let me address the cliche so freely expressed here and generally about exceptional speed guys like Schwartz. Neither of these kids are polished route runners and in watching the film of each, Wms. nor Austin demonstrated what anyone could label being better route runners than Schwartz. I was really glad I did do a comparative film review because what I saw only enhanced my opinion that Schwartz should be our guy.

1. The idea that Williams or Austin are better route runners didn't demonstrate itself on film.

2. Most shockingly the film showed that Wms is not fast and would be a possession receiver. A look at his Nike numbers showed a rounded off 4.6 guy.

3. Schwartz showed "far" more versatility and capability than either on punt returns, jet sweeps, come back routes and reverses. His speed was so far superior in making each of those plays successful.

5. Austin looked to be a more capable receive than Wms. I would take Austin over Williams.

6. Last, there is no doubt that Schwartz's superior speed would make him a far more dangerous receiver in more "areas" than Williams or Austin

Schwartz only ran two routes last year, 9's & a one quick out, he mostly was used in jet sweeps & reverses.

He barely caught 10 balls last year, so where specifically did all these routes come from you saw?

Kevin Austin is the best overall WR left among the group we're looking at for the #4 spot in this class.

No one would ever argue that Schwartz isn't fast, but again his productivity shows AH either doesn't utilize him or he simply is a one trick pony.

How many of those Speed demons like him are killing it in college football or the NFL? Take a look at the best WR's in the nation, just having speed isn't enough to make a great WR.

There isn't a Coach in the country that would take Schwartz ahead of Austin, regardless of his Speed.

What are your opinions on Xavier?

Advertisement
rather have schwartz than elijah moore.
I think the staff is basically moving on from Xavier. And Warren Thompson doesn't look like he'll be picking us.

I have no inside info, just using public info and common sense. We are finally stacked at WR on the team already, with plenty of speed. We have 3 absolute studs already committed, and still have a chance to get 5 star types (Williams, Austin, etc). *IF* we take a 4th WR, it would have to be a cant miss type prospect, not someone you are hoping will be good because he is fast.

With 3 studs committed, we could afford to take a chance on a guy who runs a 4.2 something, but you're right, I don't know that we could do it at the expense of another stud receiver. But doesn't it bother you to let that guy just walk, let alone to the Gayturds?

This man. Some people here are just dumb. Bring him in. Did any of you see how he shredded MNW? He made a fast Dade team look like they were running in quicksand. You cant teach that. You bring him in as the speedster of this class.
Actually MNW's Achilles heel last year was a weak secondary...

After Troutman transferred to STA they just didn't have enough CB help, which is why Carol City picked'em apart when they played in the playoffs. They couldn't stop Marlon Smith, Dingle & their passing attack.

MNW's strength on Defense last year was the pass rush, spearheaded by Samuel Brooks off the edge, Demetrius Taylor, Derrick Nicholson, D Mayes & those boys.

They added two transfers at CB (Divaad Wilson & Richad Wildgoose) this year because they needed way more help in the secondary.

Actually, the way he beat them wasnt about ability. Their secondary may have been their achilles heel but they still have guys that run back there. Schwartz looked like madden 99 speed and 99 acceleration against them. He outran all angles.

Gimme Kevin Austin or Xavier Williams over Schwartz

Or Elijah Moore

I Like Moore too but think Richt wants more height at receiver

Kid has shown out at every camp and opportunity he's had...don't care how big you are if you run good routes , get open and catch the ball and does both as good or better than all of them..

So as Austin as well, why else you think the staff is going hard at Austin rather Moore?

Advertisement

Preach

Gimme Kevin Austin or Xavier Williams over Schwartz

Or Elijah Moore

I Like Moore too but think Richt wants more height at receiver

Kid has shown out at every camp and opportunity he's had...don't care how big you are if you run good routes , get open and catch the ball and does both as good or better than all of them..

So as Austin as well, why else you think the staff is going hard at Austin rather Moore?

Not comparing him to Austin...we are talking about Schwartz

El, you know I've seen AH on numerous occasions over the past two years but I gotta go with the former in regards to Ant's on-field production. Since Torrance graduated, they've been running some of the most vanilla **** I've ever seen. It's all three yards and a cloud of dust, with the occasional 9 route here, or screen pass there. Four D1 receivers on the roster and I'm willing to bet my left nut that they didn't average 150 yards per game passing. And it's not like the QB couldn't spin it, just bad playcalling imo. At first I was a little angry when Ty moved to defense but not anymore. Odds are he would've been underutilized as well...

El, you know I've seen AH on numerous occasions over the past two years but I gotta go with the former in regards to Ant's on-field production. Since Torrance graduated, they've been running some of the most vanilla **** I've ever seen. It's all three yards and a cloud of dust, with the occasional 9 route here, or screen pass there. Four D1 receivers on the roster and I'm willing to bet my left nut that they didn't average 150 yards per game passing. And it's not like the QB couldn't spin it, just bad playcalling imo. At first I was a little angry when Ty moved to defense but not anymore. Odds are he would've been underutilized as well...
I don't disagree with that at all big bro, I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense they never get him any targets.

****, even Southridge found ways to get Pope the ball despite having an average QB & that WR corp was loaded.

Advertisement

I don't disagree with that at all big bro, I'm just saying it doesn't make any sense they never get him any targets.

****, even Southridge found ways to get Pope the ball despite having an average QB & that WR corp was loaded.

You're right bruh, it doesn't make any sense that they never got him targets. Cooney was a very good OC, Perez not so much. I just don't think his playcalling does his WR's any justice...

Bro I clearly and unmistakably listed the routes and plays that I saw on their Hudl highlights. While it's a matter of opinion of who we prefer, nothing I said is untrue or a stretch. In the current collegiate style offenses of jet sweeps, WR Screens, reverses, quick slants, go routes and punt returns, Schwartz is a far better option than X. Wms to turn those plays into big gains or house it. I won't delve into arbitrary debate on who coaches across the country prefer, but I am convinced, IMO that Schwartz is offers a more diverse capacity WR than Williams. Dude in watching X's film I don't see an explosive WR. Bro the route tree is not a valid argument because few if any teams call on their wr to run the full compliment of routes, but they do call on all the routes I mentioned and Schwartz is a better option without debate IMO.

Advertisement

their offense was a joke. Most parents were mad at Rumph when he was there because it still was comical...they put up numbers but it wasn't through the x's and o's. **** they ran the qb more than some of their running backs. They have had mis matches for the last two years on offense, and to be honest AH has been pedestrian for what they had talent wise on offense. But they got a optimist level guy calling the plays

their offense was a joke. Most parents were mad at Rumph when he was there because it still was comical...they put up numbers but it wasn't through the x's and o's. **** they ran the qb more than some of their running backs. They have had mis matches for the last two years on offense, and to be honest AH has been pedestrian for what they had talent wise on offense. But they got a optimist level guy calling the plays

Someone told me that Perez was a GA at UM at one point. I don't know if that is true. Regardless, their offense was not impressive, especially considering the talent on that team.

Great Olympic athlete with World class speed, but average WR with limited route tree.

He's a take imo if we miss on a couple other WR's ahead of him.

Also, the "need for speed" has become overstated on this board. We have plenty of speed with Thomas, Harley, Deejay & even Mullins.

Not to mention, Ahmmon Richards & Mark Pope are both Elite WR's with great speed, phenomenal route running & terrific hands, they're both the total package.

The proclamation is a lil bit premature. Thomas and Richards ...Ok... but the rest haven't done squat on the college level for you to be saying Miami's need for speed has been met. Thomas dominated a big time all-star game atleast. Harley and this Dallas kid are TBD. You can Prolly say the same with pope.

Regardless, you can NEVER have enough speed or team speed for that matter rather Miami get's Swartz or some other kids with legit speed.

Opinions like this are a lot better than the ones that just cheerlead so they can be cool with the board or wtf ever lmao. smh.

Advertisement
Back