Schwartz

Advertisement
absolute take. especially in a 4-5 WR class

This is a 3 or 4 WR class.
It may have been a 4 or 5 WR class before we got Jordan and Mallory to commit at TE.

Pope, Hightower, and Wiggins are locks.

Then it appears the ranking is likely Marshall > X > Austin > Thompson > Schwartz > E Moore.
Marshall is a Louisiana dude, like a 1% Chance.
Xavier is sticking with Bama, so staff likely to move on from him sooner than later.
Kevin Austin would be great, But pretty sure ND is definitely the team to beat for him, but we are in his final 4 (with ND, UTenn, and Duke)
Thompson looks like he's going to FSU or UF, where he'd likely be eithers top WR.

That leaves us with Schwartz and Elijah Moore. And just to use twitter as an indication: 15 coaches/personnel guys following Schwartz, 10 coaches/personnel guys following Elijah Moore.
Imo, we either finish with Schwartz, Moore, or just 3 in this class (which I would prefer). If I had to choose, I'd pick Schwartz

gimme a speedster. All i can think of is Kermit Whitfield at FSU making game changing plays for them including us last year. Also think of Mckenzie at UGA who made a difference at key moments in the game.

You want a speedster like Schwartz on the team to make a difference when it matters.

95% chance this kid takes the Marvin Bracy/Xavier carter route. Minimal if any impact on the college football field. Too many other good options at WR or other positions to risk wasting a scholly. It's like most of you haven't realized yet we are going to cleaning up at WR from here on out.

Or he could take the James Jett, Patrick Johnson, marquis Goodwin, Robert griffin, Daryl green, wille guilt, Jeff demps etc. route and do both

Advertisement
In an effort to be unbiased regarding Schwartz, X. Wms and Austin, I watched 17 hours of highlights on each. First let me address the cliche so freely expressed here and generally about exceptional speed guys like Schwartz. Neither of these kids are polished route runners and in watching the film of each, Wms. nor Austin demonstrated what anyone could label being better route runners than Schwartz. I was really glad I did do a comparative film review because what I saw only enhanced my opinion that Schwartz should be our guy.

1. The idea that Williams or Austin are better route runners didn't demonstrate itself on film.

2. Most shockingly the film showed that Wms is not fast and would be a possession receiver. A look at his Nike numbers showed a rounded off 4.6 guy.

3. Schwartz showed "far" more versatility and capability than either on punt returns, jet sweeps, come back routes and reverses. His speed was so far superior in making each of those plays successful.

4. Schwartz played and practiced against better competition also.

5. Austin looked to be a more capable receive than Wms. I would take Austin over Williams.

6. Last, there is no doubt that Schwartz's superior speed would make him a far more dangerous receiver in more "areas" than Williams or Austin

Just go look at the film before responding.

Is there even 17 hours of highlights for these kids? You've clearly done your homework, and I am inclined to agree with you. I feel pretty good about where we sit at WR, I would take a highly coachable kid with elite speed. He doesn't have to be as polished at using his hands or running routes, you can coach those things. He has elite upside.

In an effort to be unbiased regarding Schwartz, X. Wms and Austin, I watched 17 hours of highlights on each. First let me address the cliche so freely expressed here and generally about exceptional speed guys like Schwartz. Neither of these kids are polished route runners and in watching the film of each, Wms. nor Austin demonstrated what anyone could label being better route runners than Schwartz. I was really glad I did do a comparative film review because what I saw only enhanced my opinion that Schwartz should be our guy.

1. The idea that Williams or Austin are better route runners didn't demonstrate itself on film.

2. Most shockingly the film showed that Wms is not fast and would be a possession receiver. A look at his Nike numbers showed a rounded off 4.6 guy.

3. Schwartz showed "far" more versatility and capability than either on punt returns, jet sweeps, come back routes and reverses. His speed was so far superior in making each of those plays successful.

5. Austin looked to be a more capable receive than Wms. I would take Austin over Williams.

6. Last, there is no doubt that Schwartz's superior speed would make him a far more dangerous receiver in more "areas" than Williams or Austin

Is there even 17 hours of highlights for these kids? You've clearly done your homework, and I am inclined to agree with you. I feel pretty good about where we sit at WR, I would take a highly coachable kid with elite speed. He doesn't have to be as polished at using his hands or running routes, you can coach those things. He has elite upside.

No man I did not do 17 hours, that was Jaws parody. LOL

No man I did not do 17 hours, that was Jaws parody. LOL

I know, bro, but clearly you've done your work. I agree with you. People are looking for reasons to not take the kid despite his speed. I would think in an RPO, one could find some nasty reads where his speed could take over. I would let it fly and take him.

95% chance this kid takes the Marvin Bracy/Xavier carter route. Minimal if any impact on the college football field. Too many other good options at WR or other positions to risk wasting a scholly. It's like most of you haven't realized yet we are going to cleaning up at WR from here on out.

Or he could take the James Jett, Patrick Johnson, marquis Goodwin, Robert griffin, Daryl green, wille guilt, Jeff demps etc. route and do both

Have you seen the NFL career of Demps??

Maybe winning a national title is a bigger deal to Demps than having gold medals and/or NCAA records? But an argument can be made that Demps made the wrong decision.

Advertisement

Wake me up when the kid does something in pads. Whitfield was a much better HS player and ran the same times, barely did anything in college and that was on FSU teams that lacked elite WR talent. Schwartz would get buried here.

Maybe winning a national title is a bigger deal to Demps than having gold medals and/or NCAA records? But an argument can be made that Demps made the wrong decision.

Have you seen rod Woodson or darly greens career? What about Bennie blades? Facts is he cans do both who cares if the choice turns out to be wrong. Its meaningless.

Wake me up when the kid does something in pads. Whitfield was a much better HS player and ran the same times, barely did anything in college and that was on FSU teams that lacked elite WR talent. Schwartz would get buried here.

Meaningless. He can do both.

Idk why everyone takes it so personally who our fourth receiver will be. We already got Pope, Hightower, and Wiggins, the fourth will just be icing on the cake. It could be Williams, Austin, Moore, or Schwartz, I'll be excited no matter who it is. They all bring something different but they all definitely have elite skills in their own way.

Advertisement
Idk why everyone takes it so personally who our fourth receiver will be. We already got Pope, Hightower, and Wiggins, the fourth will just be icing on the cake. It could be Williams, Austin, Moore, or Schwartz, I'll be excited no matter who it is. They all bring something different but they all definitely have elite skills in their own way.

I can agree with this.

I don't know either, but they certainly do. Just like everything else. Name a player, no matter how trivial, and you've instantly got a debate about which other guys are better.

True, but...

I'm greedy. I want the best. I don't want to feel like we blew it a few years from now.

In 2002, we signed 5-star Ryan Moore, 4-stars Akieem Jolla and Darnell Jenkins, and 3-star Sinorice Moss. Years later, all anyone remembers is how we "missed" on 3-star Santonio Holmes.

Take the best guy. I'm not sure who that is, but I like the fact that we are arguing about which 4-star kid should get our 4th slot.

Advertisement

Have you seen rod Woodson or darly greens career? What about Bennie blades? Facts is he cans do both who cares if the choice turns out to be wrong. Its meaningless.

Why do you keep debating this topic? Doesn't matter to me, I'm game.

First off, Darrell Green is the exception, not the rule. That guy was a freak to play in the NFL as long as he did, and to stay as fast as he did for so long.

And Rod Woodson was a 2-time all-state football player in high school and a parade all-american.

Maybe you're suggesting Schwartz will be a freak, and maybe you're right. But his high school career to date doesn't suggest that.

And if Schwartz was already an all-state player, nobody would be questioning him as a football player.

But, to most of us, it appears he's just a speed guy. And even with elite speed, he hasn't put up freak stats in football.

Lebron James was an all-state football player as a junior in high school. He could have absolutely gone to college to play football. But, CLEARLY, his better sport is basketball.

NOBODY is saying Schwartz CAN'T DO BOTH. In fact, we are all aware that HE CAN PLAY FOOTBALL AND RUN TRACK IN COLLEGE.

What most of us are saying is; Given where he projects as a T&F sprinter versus his projections in football, that the kid may choose to stick with track. And that wouldn't be a bad decision.

Swartz plays for a clown coach so I'm not concerned about his stats. The kid has said he wants to do both but people keep saying he'll concentrate on track so we don't want him. Silly reason at this point when he's already said he's gonna do both.

Then you have guys that say I'll take Wiggins over Swartz or whatever. Fine. Wiggins could become a scrub. Then what? Either way you're taking a chance.

As of right now he looks like bracy in his he hasn't done anything the coaches r smart not offering him yet. I thought u needed to take this kid but I've changed my stance on that.......full court press Moore and xman and if u can't get then maybe someone else but those two r my tops

Meaningless. He can do both.

Kid has 4 catches in his HS career. You've developed quite an opinion on him while watching him run sprints in tights because he sure hasn't done **** in pads.

For comparisons sake, Whitfield had 32 catches for 474yds and 6tds as a sophmore in HS.

Advertisement
Back