Scholarship rumor

Advertisement
The numbers always seem to miraculously work themselves out.....aka.....Al Golden is MOTHAFUGGIN' SCAR-FACE, BEYOTCH!!!!

How does one "open up" all those extra scholarships when 20 this year puts us at the 85 limit?
for the past 5 years we've averaged about 8-9 kids who leave the program early due to transfer/medical hardship etc. There will be more kids to move on from the program after the spring. happens every year.

You think 8 or 9 kids will leave the team between now and August? I don't. Not even close.

I think we'll sign 20-21 this year and be right up on the 85 limit. I think we'll get most of the guys we're currently after, and that will be it for us. GolDon is probably still working backup plans, and guys are thinking that means that the backup plans and the A-list guy that he's backing up will be coming. I doubt that.

How does one "open up" all those extra scholarships when 20 this year puts us at the 85 limit?

You can't. (Let's ignore sanctions as well) After the seniors left and before anyone enrolled early, we have 65/66 total scholarships being used.

That would mean we would have 19/20 available for this class.

I am sure 1-2 kids will leave via attrition/transfer (David Perry maybe)

and

1-2 Kids will likely go to Prep.

My guess is we sign between 20-23 kids.

Advertisement
for the past 5 years we've averaged about 8-9 kids who leave the program early due to transfer/medical hardship etc. There will be more kids to move on from the program after the spring. happens every year.

You think 8 or 9 kids will leave the team between now and August? I don't. Not even close.

I think we'll sign 20-21 this year and be right up on the 85 limit. I think we'll get most of the guys we're currently after, and that will be it for us. GolDon is probably still working backup plans, and guys are thinking that means that the backup plans and the A-list guy that he's backing up will be coming. I doubt that.

8-9 will not leave the team, at most 4 IMO (Perry, QB, DE) but I am banking on 2.

Advertisement
Rumor has it we're also getting an on-campus stadium and that JJ is coming back to replace D'Oh as defensive coordinator!

Attrition is the answer. They are at 66 not including recruits or EE....they can get rid of 4-5 more deadwood easy.

Advertisement
Rumor has it we're also getting an on-campus stadium and that JJ is coming back to replace D'Oh as defensive coordinator!

It's a rumor and I cannot betray this persons confidence. You can PM D$ or Tano. I've come with info in the past to them, not much, in advance and have almost always been correct.

Advertisement
Like has been said, it doesn't matter. You cannot go over that 85 number.

I think JJ is overqualified. Not sure I like this move.

And we already have an on-campus stadium. Its called the IM field. We just need more seats.

I would FAP to taking more kids if they are legit takes. Like what's the harm in a grades gamble like Eddie Jackson? But 2014 is loaded and if they are not legit takes I'd rather save them for that class. No more filler specials like a cory king pls

Advertisement
Back