Scholarship rumor

SigEp77

I love scotch.
I have heard that with yesterday's news we are going to open up an additional 6-8 scholarships.

TIFWIW.

Advertisement
Seems right considering staff visiting guys we haven't talked to for a while, or ever, today.

Geez. Thought we were already struggling to get under the 85 'ship limit.

Hey, maybe the NCAA is giving us reparations. We're going back to the pre-1994 95-scholarship limit.

SigEp77 rumor from another board, employee, or news outlet? Wow. Do we have that kind of space? Where are our bean counters?

Advertisement
i can see another 5. 6-8 is just too many. I think it was assumed by many (including me) that we would be playing at 80 next year before yesterdays news, so it would stand to reason we can add another 5 or so. There will be 3-5 guys leave the program after spring like every year

Actually with all the activity of kids saying coaches swung by their school I definitely wouldn't ignore this idea as crazy

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This may be why we visited Bristly and that DT from Suncoast. I don't see 6-8, but I could see a few scholarships.

How does one "open up" all those extra scholarships when 20 this year puts us at the 85 limit?
for the past 5 years we've averaged about 8-9 kids who leave the program early due to transfer/medical hardship etc. There will be more kids to move on from the program after the spring. happens every year.

still tough to see how we get that many additional
seemed like we were close to the max with a possible 6 more ships to verbals

Advertisement
Back