Scary thing about FSU's class

Im not gonna get into it with some of yall go argue with DBC. I just have my own opinion sorry if it hurt feelings on here. They have track speed but Bracy in pads has no wiggle so he doesnt worry me, give me Whitfield all day.

**** even Brad wouldnt talk down on his canes like this... Come on man tighten up...

Advertisement
Can someone please explain to me the origin of "grassy"? I know its probably about canestime, just wanted the scoop.

IT was called Grassy before Canestime, about 8 years ago. Anyone that was posting during that time still call it grassy, feels weird saying Canestime.

The founder of CanesTime was a fellow named Bryan "Grassy" Knoll from Michigan. Long before it was affiliated with Scout, it was an independent website that Knoll founded for fans of the Miami Hurricanes. I participated on the site in the '90's when it was simply http://www.grassy.com. In fact, if you type in that address, it still takes you to the Miami Scout site, or Canestime.

At some point in the early 2000's, I think some of the original founders of Rivals.com left and formed Scout.com, although I might have the history wrong. I think some other people came in and revitalized Rivals.

The two major Hurricane websites at the time were Grassy.com (which eventually affiliated with Scout) and www.canesport.com (which eventually affiliated with the revitalized Rivals.) Mike Bakas had a separate site called, as I recall, Sunstaterecruiting.com. It became affiliated at some point with the original Rivals (I think.) He left after the original Rivals imploded and went over to work with Grassy on Scout.

Knoll said some girl in school gave him the nickname "Grassy," apparently in reference to the Grassy Knoll in the JFK assassination, but that's only my guess.

Knoll apparently still owns the Canestime website as evidenced by this:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanknoll

I think the affiliations of Grassy with Scout and Canesport with Rivals occurred some time around 2000-1 but I can't remember for sure.

Butch Davis used to have weekly live chats every Wednesday night on Canesport.com for paid members. That was back in the late '90's. There were some other smaller websites that sprang up around that period, I don't know if any of them are still around. A number of other sites have arrived during the 2000's and some still are, like Shadow's board and some others.

I forgot that Grassy's site used to be called "Eye of the Hurricane." Here's the earliest available archive of that site from the Internet Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/19961224061542/http://grassy.com/

He did include a link on his frontpage to Ferman's site, which was called CyberCane before it became CaneSport.

Neither site was on Rivals or Scout at the time. I don't even think Rivals or Scout existed at the time.

Last edited:
I wrote about the messed up recruit rankings before here is what I wrote........

I never post stuff about star ratings and overall listings and I will use Kirby as an example why, Eligwe an FSU LB commit who has similar size(6'2 210lbs) and plays against the same teams Kirby does finished the season with 85 tackles and 13 for loss. Kirby Finished the year with over 120 tackles and 20+ for loss....So who should be rated higher? One is # 38(Eligwe) in the 100, the other is #89(Kirby). So go by the play on the field and not some made up ranking

Advertisement
The op is complaing about speed. Haha. Wow he must be a nole or it must be miaminights other name.

Golden just got done with a epic class and this guy is on free shoes nuts about speed.

Give me a break. We will be plenty fast.

Oh so THIS is the top 5 FSU class that will win it all.

At least 1/4 of our 3 stars would be 4 stars if they committed to FSU or Florida. If that happened, we'd have 2 5 stars and 13-14 4 stars and a top 3 class.

Only thing that worries me about FSU's class is Jameis Winston. That kid has massive potential and he actually seems like a pretty good character kid too. We will see if he can overcome the handicap of being named Jameis though.

This is the bottom line. He's the one to lead them. I'm just praying he goes the way of Joe Mauer.

Advertisement
To me bracy looks like a track star trying to play football. You think him, pender and darby are going to make an impact next year? I doubt any of them do...but if you are so worried about speed...Kermit is coming, and he is a bad man. Jayron and Cunningham are also burners. Have no fear...and F@CK fsu
This. Those dudes ain't going to be our main problem next year. And a year from now, we'll have more faster guys too. But then they'll get coley and everyone will forget about bracy anyhow.

Bottom line is they're going to have talent. Always have. But as we've seen first hand, talent doesn't get you that far if your coaching isn't good enough. We've had NFL draft picks for a decade while our teams underperformed.

Last point: the old um formula of speed speed speed is over with at um, for good reason. People catch on and catch up in football. We haven't been the fastest team for years, in any case. But we've been worse on the lines than the stopwatch. This team needs to get tough kids with size who like to hit. We will never lack speed for long given our recruiting base.

I agree,someone gets it!!!!

The question is.... would you trade our class for FSU's class?

I would, mostly because of Jameis Winston and we've been weak at QB since Dorsey left. We have numbers now, but let's see if any of them step up.

I would, mostly because of Jameis Winston and we've been weak at QB since Dorsey left. We have numbers now, but let's see if any of them step up.

Probably not. Their d-lineman would be nice, very nice,and Darby would be nice, but we addressed real needs we have in the secondary and at WR. I like Johnson better than Pender.

Advertisement
Can someone please explain to me the origin of "grassy"? I know its probably about canestime, just wanted the scoop.

IT was called Grassy before Canestime, about 8 years ago. Anyone that was posting during that time still call it grassy, feels weird saying Canestime.

The founder of CanesTime was a fellow named Bryan "Grassy" Knoll from Michigan. Long before it was affiliated with Scout, it was an independent website that Knoll founded for fans of the Miami Hurricanes. I participated on the site in the '90's when it was simply http://www.grassy.com. In fact, if you type in that address, it still takes you to the Miami Scout site, or Canestime.

At some point in the early 2000's, I think some of the original founders of Rivals.com left and formed Scout.com, although I might have the history wrong. I think some other people came in and revitalized Rivals.

The two major Hurricane websites at the time were Grassy.com (which eventually affiliated with Scout) and www.canesport.com (which eventually affiliated with the revitalized Rivals.) Mike Bakas had a separate site called, as I recall, Sunstaterecruiting.com. It became affiliated at some point with the original Rivals (I think.) He left after the original Rivals imploded and went over to work with Grassy on Scout.

Knoll said some girl in school gave him the nickname "Grassy," apparently in reference to the Grassy Knoll in the JFK assassination, but that's only my guess.

Knoll apparently still owns the Canestime website as evidenced by this:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanknoll

I think the affiliations of Grassy with Scout and Canesport with Rivals occurred some time around 2000-1 but I can't remember for sure.

Butch Davis used to have weekly live chats every Wednesday night on Canesport.com for paid members. That was back in the late '90's. There were some other smaller websites that sprang up around that period, I don't know if any of them are still around. A number of other sites have arrived during the 2000's and some still are, like Shadow's board and some others.

I forgot that Grassy's site used to be called "Eye of the Hurricane." Here's the earliest available archive of that site from the Internet Wayback Machine: http://web.archive.org/web/19961224061542/http://grassy.com/

He did include a link on his frontpage to Ferman's site, which was called CyberCane before it became CaneSport.

Neither site was on Rivals or Scout at the time. I don't even think Rivals or Scout existed at the time.

Yep...from k-zoo mich...went to western mich and knew some guys on the football team who i knew.

Will never be a top QB IMO. That's if he even makes it on FSU campus (baseball)>

No, and if you say yes you are fool. We have completely different needs than FSU, as evidenced by us bringing in 454353534 DB's.

Advertisement
I would trade our DL class for theirs. That's it. I wouldn't trade our top SFLA kids for any of their players. I'll take Duke, Tracy and Bush over any of their recruits. And Jelani Hamilton comes from a championship program, so he could end up better than some of their DL recruits.

Lets also wait and see how many of their top recruits even make it to the practice field. FSU always wins the paper recruiting game, then a bunch of those kids never make it there for various reasons, mostly academics and police related issues. Someone go leave their laptop nearby when all those kids are supposed to report for the 1st time please.

I dont see why people dont believe FSU doesnt develop talent their Defense has been getting better and better over the last 3 years since Stoops came into their program....

The OP has to be a undercover TrollNOle... FSU recruited 6 players from florida, u think we're scared of your 5*s out of IDaho...

Advertisement
Back