Scary thing about FSU's class

HardCane

Thunderdome
As much as we like to minimize the fact they are annually in the top 5 recruiting... they will field the faster football team for the first time in years. We had the luxury of having TB...Lamar....Streeter all kids with ellite speed that are able to create matchup problems. Next year...not so much. A underwhelming Dorsett who played scared and didn't look as explosive as his times indicated he would be and.....................................................Duke???? The wr's we have recruited are of the possession variety who will struggle to get the respect Streeter got from defenses. Lewis....Waters...both decent after the catch but not much top end speed or explosiveness to either. Jones and Carter...two big kids who can win a jump ball or box some what out on the short routes but won't separate much on deep routes.

The holes bring in the 2 of the fastest kids in the country with Bracy and Darby. Both with elite speed. Darby is rumored to play on both sides. Add Pender who will also upgrade speed and play making from the rb position. You have a uncomfortable shift in speed and athleticism taking place. I have always felt FSU had the bigger faster athletes on D and this year just adds to our problems. Dumbo is 2-0 against us and he didn't hurt himself this with the talent he brought in yesterday. We had a great class with all things considered but where is the speed on O that we needed to replace. Holdovers like Hurns and Scott(wrs)....Mike James...Clements...Hall (rbs) are going to provide us with explosive plays???

Advertisement
i dont give a **** if they bought in bob hayes' corpse

if you want to crown them, then go ahead and do it buddy

if you want to juggle their you-know-whats, then do that too

we'll see em on the field

Didn't mean to get all in your emotions homeboy. Just wanted to get opinions about the team speed in comparison to seasons past. They upgraded...we didn't. Nothing to do with crowing FSU etc.

Advertisement
like i said **** them

you don't know how their recruits are going to look on the field

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think speed has been an issue the last couple of years. We haven't beat them and they haven't beat us because of our speed or their speed. They have beat us the last couple of years primarily because of size/ strength. That issue was addressed in our class. Take out TB3 deciding to run the wrong way when they punt to him, and we beat them last year... The year before, we just got out toughed/ strengthed.

Moral is, we've bern fast the last 4 or 5 years and look where it had gotten us. We need to balance that with some strength. Which I think we just did. Next year, let's get the elite athletes.

If you're gonna talk about their WR signees, then talk about us signing the best DB class in the country, too.

FSU's FSU. They're gonna have a DL that gets after your ***. They're gonna have aggressive linebackers who hit hard. And they're going to have a good WR corps who can go deep. Nothing's changed.

Advertisement
cat round here crowning FSU's class but haven't said **** about our class

u need to change your name to "SoftCane"

To me bracy looks like a track star trying to play football. You think him, pender and darby are going to make an impact next year? I doubt any of them do...but if you are so worried about speed...Kermit is coming, and he is a bad man. Jayron and Cunningham are also burners. Have no fear...and F@CK fsu

To me bracy looks like a track star trying to play football. You think him, pender and darby are going to make an impact next year? I doubt any of them do...but if you are so worried about speed...Kermit is coming, and he is a bad man. Jayron and Cunningham are also burners. Have no fear...and F@CK fsu
This. Those dudes ain't going to be our main problem next year. And a year from now, we'll have more faster guys too. But then they'll get coley and everyone will forget about bracy anyhow.

Bottom line is they're going to have talent. Always have. But as we've seen first hand, talent doesn't get you that far if your coaching isn't good enough. We've had NFL draft picks for a decade while our teams underperformed.

Last point: the old um formula of speed speed speed is over with at um, for good reason. People catch on and catch up in football. We haven't been the fastest team for years, in any case. But we've been worse on the lines than the stopwatch. This team needs to get tough kids with size who like to hit. We will never lack speed for long given our recruiting base.

Only thing that worries me about FSU's class is Jameis Winston. That kid has massive potential and he actually seems like a pretty good character kid too. We will see if he can overcome the handicap of being named Jameis though.

Advertisement
Only thing that worries me about FSU's class is Jameis Winston. That kid has massive potential and he actually seems like a pretty good character kid too. We will see if he can overcome the handicap of being named Jameis though.

lmao

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back