Scarlett update

I used to think that if we just got the players Al could win!! That changed about 2yrs ago, Al could have made changes to help the team then, but choose to keep his butt buddy around, now IDGAF!!
Gotta hope my canes get smashed, gotta root for the other UM (Michigan) while waiting this out.... So I don't even care if we lose recruits anymore (mainly because it's excpected with AG)
LET IT BURN!!

Another idiot^^^

Go root for Michigan and get the fvck outta here, you soft a$$ fan.

I will be rooting for Michigan this year, and watching my favorite team get smashed every weekend, you don't think that will be the case? This class will fall-out with or without anyone tweeting kids (I dont). It happens with these kids and Miami every year. If they don't make changes after a 6-7 yr, it doesn't make me soft to demand change. So with no change, I will enjoy watching this program BURN!
And what the **** does a kid getting shot have to do with what I said about this program?

Advertisement
Homeboy...you're better than this and you know better.

You're telliing me the incompetent idiots running our program couldn't just as easily give the "Oh look he's amassing talent now that we're out of the cloud and he deserves the time to see that talent through to fruition" garbage.

They can make any excuse they want. They are ALREADY using the "negative fanbase" excuse to justify his ****** recruiting. You think they are going to fire him and hire Butch next week just because a recruit decommits?

And if the next coach isn't the guy, he will get an even longer leash because Golden left him ****** players. It's time to end the cycle of excuses.

I want a good coach and good players. We are likely stuck with this bad coach for a year. The roster is in decent shape. If we fire Golden and hire Butch next year, our coach will be 64 years old. Give him a fighting chance for success.

Homeboy...you're better than this and you know better.

You're telliing me the incompetent idiots running our program couldn't just as easily give the "Oh look he's amassing talent now that we're out of the cloud and he deserves the time to see that talent through to fruition" garbage.

They can make any excuse they want. They are ALREADY using the "negative fanbase" excuse to justify his ****** recruiting. You think they are going to fire him and hire Butch next week just because a recruit decommits?

And if the next coach isn't the guy, he will get an even longer leash because Golden left him ****** players. It's time to end the cycle of excuses.

I want a good coach and good players. We are likely stuck with this bad coach for a year. The roster is in decent shape. If we fire Golden and hire Butch next year, our coach will be 64 years old. Give him a fighting chance for success.

Well you're first sentence is exactly why I have the stance I have. Nothing positive for this program until changes are made.

Agree to disagree...but I would simply say to all of you stop ****ting on those of us with an opposing point of view on this topic. It wasn't that long ago on these boards that these back and forth arguments were about whether or not Golden was a good coach.

And all those peeps have shut up. I simply don't trust this administration to interpret anything positive other than to praise Golden and add to the excuse machine.

I used to think that if we just got the players Al could win!! That changed about 2yrs ago, Al could have made changes to help the team then, but choose to keep his butt buddy around, now IDGAF!!
Gotta hope my canes get smashed, gotta root for the other UM (Michigan) while waiting this out.... So I don't even care if we lose recruits anymore (mainly because it's excpected with AG)
LET IT BURN!!

Another idiot^^^

Speaking of ******* idiots....keep worrying about gathering those 4 stars from New Jersey.

Let me explain something to you in wording that maybe your simple mind can understand.

Hold your ******* hand up to your face. Put one of the fingers down. That's how many years of total on-the-field elgibility these guys get in their college careers. The good ones will only stay 3.

You're asking a kid to flush 25% to 33% of their college careers in the HOPE that MAYBE the worst administration in America is going to fire a coach (who should have been fired last year) NEXT year...assuming he doesn't win more than 6 games (which those same idiots will deem to be "improvement").

You either don't have kids or you're a ******* ******. If it was YOUR kid and you thought YOUR kid was good at football...no way in **** you'd send him off in Al Golden's custody on the WHIM that MAYBE...just MAYBE...he WOULDN'T be the coach by your kids second or third year.

Asinine.

Last edited:
I guess I'm an idiot then, b/c I definitely don't want to lose Jordan Scarlett who just so happens to be our best commit(along with Jaquan) and the guy to help replace Duke next year.

I obviously want Golden gone as much as the next Cane fan, but losing a recruit isn't going to get him fired, it will just give our next coach more **** excuses for not producing as soon as we would like.

Anyways, how much of a ***** does someone have to be to be tweeting recruits and telling them what to do with their biggest decision?

At Miami, Scarlett will be getting immediate playing time splitting carries with Yearby and Gus in his home town, then by midseason, I fully see him taking over with Yearby being the change of pace back.

At UF he will be splitting carries with the biggest UF legacy in school history in Kelvin Taylor and Brandon Powel will be the change of pace, and they are also pretty high on Adam Lane(a 5'8 220 lbs RS Fr RB).

At F$U, he will have to compete with Dalvin Cook, Mario Pender, Ryan Green, and Jaques Patrick for carries.

Duke just had a monster year under this garbage staff and is going to be taken in the top 3 rounds(most likely 2nd or 3rd round) of the draft and he is smaller and slower than Jordan Scarlett.

Jordan can have a monster career here, play in front of his friends and family, get immediate playing time, be a home town hero and get drafted just as high if not higher(b/c of his size to be more of an every down back unlike Duke) if he puts in the work.

Advertisement
LET IT BURN!!

Another idiot^^^

Speaking of ****ing idiots....keep worrying about gathering those 4 stars from New Jersey.

Let me explain something to you in wording that maybe your simple mind can understand.

Hold your ****ing hand up to your face. Put one of the fingers down. That's how many years of total on-the-field elgibility these guys get in their college careers. The good ones will only stay 3.

You're asking a kid to flush 25% to 33% of their college careers in the HOPE that MAYBE the worst administration in America is going to fire a coach (who should have been fired last year) NEXT year...assuming he doesn't win more than 6 games (which those same idiots will deem to be "improvement").

You either don't have kids or you're a ****ing ******. If it was YOUR kid and you thought YOUR kid was good at football...no way in **** you'd send him off in Al Golden's custody on the WHIM that MAYBE...just MAYBE...he WOULDN'T be the coach by your kids second or third year.

Asinine.

So what your saying is you would rather lose Jordan Scarlett and replace him with those plan C 4 star(or less) NJ recruits?

B/c that is exactly what is going to happen if we lose Scarlett.

Why do you want plan C guys instead of us keeping Scarlett?

B/c losing Scarlett isn't getting anyone fired.

I guess I'm an idiot then, b/c I definitely don't want to lose Jordan Scarlett who just so happens to be our best commit(along with Jaquan) and the guy to help replace Duke next year.

I obviously want Golden gone as much as the next Cane fan, but losing a recruit isn't going to get him fired, it will just give our next coach more **** excuses for not producing as soon as we would like.

Anyways, how much of a ***** does someone have to be to be tweeting recruits and telling them what to do with their biggest decision?

At Miami, Scarlett will be getting immediate playing time splitting carries with Yearby and Gus in his home town, then by midseason, I fully see him taking over with Yearby being the change of pace back.

At UF he will be splitting carries with the biggest UF legacy in school history in Kelvin Taylor and Brandon Powel will be the change of pace, and they are also pretty high on Adam Lane(a 5'8 220 lbs RS Fr RB).

At F$U, he will have to compete with Dalvin Cook, Mario Pender, Ryan Green, and Jaques Patrick for carries.

Duke just had a monster year under this garbage staff and is going to be taken in the top 3 rounds(most likely 2nd or 3rd round) of the draft and he is smaller and slower than Jordan Scarlett.

Jordan can have a monster career here, play in front of his friends and family, get immediate playing time, be a home town hero and get drafted just as high if not higher(b/c of his size to be more of an every down back unlike Duke) if he puts in the work.

Duke is slower than Scarlett?

Duke is slower than Scarlett?

Faster 40 time.... Scarlett ran a 4.31 and a 4.34 at the Nike Sparq combine... Duke has been timed 4.38-4.41

Scarlett needs to remain in this class. RB is wide open next year. If he comes, he will see playing time the next three years. Do your three years then leave. It's that simple.

Advertisement
I want Golden to have a top 10 class for the next coach. We know he can't coach and can't win games. next year when he gets fired it'll be an easier for Butch to rebuild. I don't want the next Head Coach to need 2 years because of lack of talent

I want Golden to have a top 10 class for the next coach. We know he can't coach and can't win games. next year when he gets fired it'll be an easier for Butch to rebuild. I don't want the next Head Coach to need 2 years because of lack of talent

Stop posting that Butch crap. He will not be the next coach.

Obviously the next President and AD will have a huge say on the coach. Right now, Davis and Schiano have friends in the current administration and would definitely be in the mix.

Could you imagine our offense for the next few years(with or without Golden[hopefully without]) if the following(very likely) things happen:
(I'm talking more about the quality players we have here and coming in and not the coaching, like stated above hopefully we have a new staff)

* Kaaya takes that next step and becomes the QB we all think he can be(this kid is special).

* Jordan Scarlett comes in and has an Alex Collins type true Fr year(I think he can be better) splitting carries with a bigger/faster Yearby so neither of them wear their bodies down and finally have the luxury of redshirting an elite RB in Mark Walton(if he doesn't beat out Scarlett or Yearby[doubt it but anything is possible])

* Stacey Coley works extremely hard this offseason and has the season we all know he can with Waters, Brady, Berrios and the new tall WRs coming on strong(not to mention if the 2016 WRs stick!)

* The cream will rise to the top at TE with Dobard, Herndon, Njoku and the Top JUCO TE(with 4 years of eligibility) we signed this year Jerome Washington. This position looks like it will be a strength.

* If McDermott can become that beast that we believe he can and Linder, Darling and Gadboise keep on the right track with Milo and St Louis coming in, the line should be solid, maybe not next year, but definitely the year after.

So if Scarlett can come in and have a solid True Fr season splitting carries with Yearby to take some pressure off Kaaya, this offense could take off with the playmakers we have at WR(Coley must step up) and TE.

Our problems were mainly on defense, Duke had a record setting season this year with all the pressure on him with a true Fr QB, Scarlett could blow up next year in this offense.

And I'm not taking anything away from Duke, b/c he is elite and the best RB we have had here since McGahee and Gore(way better than Gore as a Cane), but we also haven't signed a RB like Scarlett since McGahee(elite size/speed), and we need this kid to be a Cane.

So telling the kid it might be in his best interest to go to UF or F$U where he would not get nearly as many touches as a Fr and wouldn't get to do it for his home town/city team and become a local hero might not be that great of advice.

He will be featured here like Duke was his Fr year splitting carries with Mike James.

Advertisement
LET IT BURN!!

Another idiot^^^

Speaking of ****ing idiots....keep worrying about gathering those 4 stars from New Jersey.

Hold your ****ing hand up to your face. Put one of the fingers down. That's how many years of total on-the-field elgibility these guys get in their college careers. The good ones will only stay 3.

You either don't have kids or you're a ****ing ******. If it was YOUR kid and you thought YOUR kid was good at football...no way in **** you'd send him off in Al Golden's custody on the WHIM that MAYBE...just MAYBE...he WOULDN'T be the coach by your kids second or third year.

Asinine.

You do realize that most are going to redshirt that year, right?

Could you imagine us winning 5 games next year?

Naw, me neither....

I definitely see us winning at least 5 games next year(easier schedule than this year), but not 8+ which is why Golden needs to go.

We need someone who can win the ACC here, Golden isn't that guy.

Maybe if he could make the right changes, but he refuses to see what is right in front of him.

Advertisement
Peter Ariz @PeterAriz · now 2 minutes ago
The Jordan Scarlett-UF talk is growing louder

I love Pete..but after the "Tim Irvin to UM" gut feeling thing and the "Davante Phillips to UM talk gaining steam"..I will play the wait and see game here..

Besides, isn't it the dead period?? Who is Scarlett talking to during this time anyway at UF?

In the end, I think he stays home.

Peter Ariz @PeterAriz · now 2 minutes ago
The Jordan Scarlett-UF talk is growing louder

I love Pete..but after the "Tim Irvin to UM" gut feeling thing and the "Davante Phillips to UM talk gaining steam"..I will play the wait and see game here..

Besides, isn't it the dead period?? Who is Scarlett talking to during this time anyway at UF?

In the end, I think he stays home.

Pete missed on us getting guys. How often does he miss on us losing guys? Not often.

I have a horrible feeling we never see Scarlett or Bruce in orange and green.

That is it, if this staff can't hold onto Scarlett, than they need to go, no more bull ****.

He is our most important commit and will affect others like Bruce.

It is now time to offer Archer.

Advertisement
Back