Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he was asking me which schools can be trusted as in which ones are Cane allies in Dade, so I listed those.

As far as the CB recruiting situation, I mean short of getting a new CB coach all we can do is win & hope our guys gets drafted high, but otherwise not much can be done.

Maybe we shift responsibilities & just have Banda & DVD recruit CB's only, but we're pretty much goin on year 4, season 5 & still can't get the elite CB's.
Isn't that what we are doing already?!? Having Panda & DVD recruit...pretty sure Myke Byke Rumphelito has a non-recruiting clause in his contract.

Advertisement
No, he was asking me which schools can be trusted as in which ones are Cane allies in Dade, so I listed those.

As far as the CB recruiting situation, I mean short of getting a new CB coach all we can do is win & hope our guys gets drafted high, but otherwise not much can be done.

Maybe we shift responsibilities & just have Banda & DVD recruit CB's only, but we're pretty much goin on year 4, season 5 & still can't get the elite CB's.
Everyone eventually runs out of excuses. People like you who know these kids and these coaches have noticed and predicted where we are now and that’s lack of elite corner and linebacker recruiting. It’s not a coincidence and it’s been too many years of the obvious. Miss me with that we almost had this or that guy. Almost is for horseshoes hand granades and nuclear bombs.
Manny has to re-evaluate imo and this is coming from a Rumph supporter.

Last edited:

*sigh*

MNW, Central, CC, BTW, Norland, Gables, Killian used to but all their best kids end up transferring to other South schools. Miami Senior too, but the best kids from there recently usually end up transferring as well.

Edison will be added to that list for the 22 class too.

You could put Ridge on there as long as it's not for a CB, same with Columbus as long as it's not for a high rated CB we good lol.
Trust me ridge will be making good decisions soon I'm tryna get on staff

For those saying Diaz has to upgrade from Rumph, he tried. It was reported on this site that the guy he wanted backed out then Rumph supporters put pressure on Diaz to keep him. Diaz couldn't fire him for the sake of firing him. Rumph at least is a decent teacher so panicking and hiring some random guy who might be a poor recruiter AND teacher would have been a bad move. Instead he took Rumph off the recruiting trail and put his top guys on it.

Should Diaz have had eyes on more than one potential hire? Sure. But I think he only wants coaches he clicks with.

Advertisement
Rumph will be an interesting test case regarding the power of bags say he were fired by Manny and hired by UGA.

At least it isn't at DT type levels like it was like 7 years ago......yet

For those saying Diaz has to upgrade from Rumph, he tried. It was reported on this site that the guy he wanted backed out then Rumph supporters put pressure on Diaz to keep him. Diaz couldn't fire him for the sake of firing him. Rumph at least is a decent teacher so panicking and hiring some random guy who might be a poor recruiter AND teacher would have been a bad move. Instead he took Rumph off the recruiting trail and put his top guys on it.

Should Diaz have had eyes on more than one potential hire? Sure. But I think he only wants coaches he clicks with.
Diaz could put me at DB coach...bet you I’d land a 5 star db before Rumph.

Advertisement
first, i wouldnt be surprised if collins isnt in this class. never felt the staff was crazy about him.

second, some of you are crazy about stars. So far blades has had a better career than TC.
I like couch, williams, and dunson ALOT. i think fans expectations are a little high for clarke right now
I get we all want that 5 star and we need to get over that hump but our problem isnt talent, its depth.

He’d strike out there for the same reasons Coach Kool struck out at Bama. You can’t teach personality/recruiting skills.
This raises an interesting question. I have become more convinced over the years that recruiting is more about perspiration than inspiration. Maybe Rumph has a poor personality for recruiting; I'm not there, so I can't know.

But a lot of poor recruiters just don't recruit enough. It doesn't allow for days off.

Everyone eventually runs out of excuses. People like you who know these kids and these coaches have noticed and predicted where we are now and that’s lack of elite corner and linebacker recruiting. It’s not a coincidence and it’s been too many years of the obvious. Miss me with that we almost had this or that guy. Almost is for horseshoes hand granades and nuclear bombs.
Manny has to re-evaluate imo and this is coming from a Rumph supporter.
LB recruiting was depth base recruiting bc the trio was good. I think Brooks, Huff, and Cave elite. Troutman goes in there too.

LB recruiting was depth base recruiting bc the trio was good. I think Brooks, Huff, and Cave elite. Troutman goes in there too.
We had injuries. Brooks and huff are really good hauls and Troutman Is the goods. Now no one knows who these guys will turn into. But I’m talking g about elite level no doubt about it recruiting.
T2 Justin Flowe level kids. Again I’m really happy with our linebacker but other position groups are recruiting better and to go where we want we need all groups to get top talent.

Advertisement
We had injuries. Brooks and huff are really good hauls and Troutman Is the goods. Now no one knows who these guys will turn into. But I’m talking g about elite level no doubt about it recruiting.
T2 Justin Flowe level kids. Again I’m really happy with our linebacker but other position groups are recruiting better and to go where we want we need all groups to get top talent.
Flowe, Lewis, and Brooks or Huff next level. I agree. I guess we’re going to swap Chase for Lewis.

This raises an interesting question. I have become more convinced over the years that recruiting is more about perspiration than inspiration. Maybe Rumph has a poor personality for recruiting; I'm not there, so I can't know.

But a lot of poor recruiters just don't recruit enough. It doesn't allow for days off.
One could say that Banda in a sense learned how to become a better recruiter in one off season but I don’t buy into that, I think he’s always had this in him, it took a sense of urgency to bring it out. A Sociological explanation for this situation could be that Banda understands the ramifications if Diaz is canned this year, Failing both on the field and off the field (recruiting) No Manny = No Staff. Where would Banda go if fired? Ironically Rumph who has a better chance at finding a new gig, despite the fanbase calling for him to be replaced by DVD isn’t recruiting with this sense of urgency. Rumph has shown you what he is, he’ll rely on his teaching prowess to display a “results speak for itself” solution to this very issue. But like LCE said, He’s entering his 5th season without landing a blue chip player or putting a Db in the first round, We’ll see what happens from here on out.

I’ll tell you this tho next Db coach we have better be a Mfckin sniper on the trail. I don’t want 5 star recruits even second guessing.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back