Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted in this very thread just last week that Collins said himself that it was 60/40 that he would sign with Miami & that he was not ruling UF & LSU out, and that he would absolutely take visits to them when he gets the chance (although visits probably won't be allowed this year).

My personal take, I'd call him & ask him to shut it down, if he refused, drop him & move on.

I'd try to flip Darrell Jackson & keep on working on Tyreak Sapp, wouldn't waste time trying to keep Collins in this class if he's gonna be flaky & wanna flirt with the Gaytes all year, we don't have time for the games.

Taylor is still 100% solid locked in & Haye is 100% locked in as well, as long as we got them 2 we can have flexibility with who we want for the 3rd DT spot, Collins is not a must get. The plan of keeping all the Palmetto house cats together just ain't gonna happen & rather than having people plotting to make a fool of us behind our back, just drop who can't be taken for their word on their verbal.

I hope Collins doesn't flip simply because of the insufferable vaginas that will come out of the woodwork to say, "Durrr... see Manny can't keep the class together" even though neither Collier nor Marshall were flips.

I simply cannot tolerate the buffoonery on this site sometimes.

Advertisement
So you believe that all the players that signed with a 6-7 team are only expecting 1 loss next year?

Sure.
Those that already signed will be a tough flip, except maybe Collins. A major step up in the win-loss column has more of an impact on those still on the fence or those we're trying to flip.

There's plenty of recruiting that still needs to be done.

I like Manny but he can't lose a single game aside from Clemson if he wants to keep this class together

So Manny, who not only kept the commits we had but pulled big time recruits after the debacle that was the 2019 season, won’t be able to hold on to this class if we go 9-2 or ****, 8-3?

Yea, you’re starting to strike me as the type of poster that Inday is talking about.

So Manny, who not only kept the commits we had but pulled big time recruits after the debacle that was the 2019 season, won’t be able to hold on to this class if we go 9-2 or ****, 8-3?

Yea, you’re starting to strike me as the type of poster that Inday is talking about.
you don't think UGA or UF will be ON our five stars if we start stumbling or if they finish the season off better than us? maybe im just more realistic in that yes, its going to be hard to keep a five star committed without having a big season.

personally, id be absolutely disappointed if we lost 3 games this year. the schedule isn't that tough and barring losing a ton of kids to injuries/virus, there shouldn't be excuses

Advertisement
think anything can change with Taylor and smith (more so smith since LT is locked in)
Taylor ain't going nowhere, Smith I don't think so either, but if he did oh well.

Ultimately at the end of the day we have to learn the lesson of not trusting kids that come from these schools that are infested with anti-Cane coaches, because there's always some bullshìt going on behind the scenes trying to sabotage us. No other region has more turncoat traitors in their own backyard trying to stab their local college program in the back more than Miami does.

We need to just recruit kids from more Cane friendly schools in the city & stop being dragged through all this snake in the grass drama with these down south (Miami) schools that are always fckin us over on high profile DB's. Same thing with Broward, we have no choice but to recruit a few prospects per class from STA, but I'd rather we just focus on Nade (like we been doing) & try to get the kids that don't get poached by STA & AH at the schools like Dillard, Coco Creek, Boyd Anderson, Stranahan, Flanagan, McArthur, Miramar, Hallandale, Plantation, Monarch, Blanche Ely, Western, Everglades etc..

I would get more aggressive in PB too, hit up Glades Central, Pahokee, PBL, PBC, PBG, Wellington, Atlantic, Delray Beach, Cardinal Newman, Seminole Ridge, Boynton Beach, Suncoast etc..

Taylor ain't going nowhere, Smith I don't think so either, but if he did oh well.

Ultimately at the end of the day we have to learn the lesson of not trusting kids that come from these schools that are infested with anti-Cane coaches, because there's always some bullshìt going on behind the scenes trying to sabotage us. No other region has more turncoat traitors in their own backyard trying to stab their local college program in the back more than Miami does.

We need to just recruit kids from more Cane friendly schools in the city & stop being dragged through all this snake in the grass drama with these down south (Miami) schools that are always fckin us over on high profile DB's. Same thing with Broward, we have no choice but to recruit a few prospects per class from STA, but I'd rather we just focus on Nade (like we been doing) & try to get the kids that don't get poached by STA & AH at the schools like Dillard, Coco Creek, Boyd Anderson, Stranahan, Flanagan, McArthur, Miramar, Hallandale, Plantation, Monarch, Blanche Ely, Western, Everglades etc..

I would get more aggressive in PB too, hit up Glades Central, Pahokee, PBL, PBC, PBG, Wellington, Atlantic, Delray Beach, Cardinal Newman, Seminole Ridge, Boynton Beach, Suncoast etc..

thanks for the reply. one follow up: whats the bare min Miami would have to win this year to keep it together? im of the opinion that Manny gets only one chance to excuse a **** up season (OC was horrendous QB was bad OL was ****).

LOL I was just about to respond to you to say that I'd be willing to bet his response will be something along the lines of "I'm just keeping it real" but he already beat me to it. 10 times out of 10 that will be the "go-to" phrase for the posters who say Diaz is just an offseason champ. Never fails.

I hope Collins doesn't flip simply because of the insufferable vaginas that will come out of the woodwork to say, "Durrr... see Manny can't keep the class together" even though neither Collier nor Marshall were flips.

I simply cannot tolerate the buffoonery on this site sometimes.
That's why I would give him the option to shut it down first...

If he can't or won't shut his recruitment down then you drop him & there's no flip because he was dropped before he made his next commitment.

Advertisement

Agree! Also we need a season so Smith can see how much he would thrive in our offense as opposed to UF

LOL I was just about to respond to you to say that I'd be willing to bet his response will be something along the lines of "I'm just keeping it real" but he already beat me to it.

ok so what you think im too negative or don't see **** all rosy and awesome bc we had an insane offseason? im more worried bout what we've failed to do every season on the field since the early 00s -- live up to the hype. you can feel free to hit ignore if you so choose, but the schedule isn't crazy, very little crowds to make a road environment what it would have been, and you get your big games out of the way early when all teams are still adjusting

thanks for the reply. one follow up: whats the bare min Miami would have to win this year to keep it together? im of the opinion that Manny gets only one chance to excuse a **** up season (OC was horrendous QB was bad OL was ****).
Well seeing as how we only play 11 this year (unless CUSA cancels their season), I'd say nothing less than 7 or 8 W's.

IF we play 11 games, 8-3, 9-2,10-1... If we play 10 games 7-3, 8-2, 9-1. Any record along those lines & we good.

Well seeing as how we only play 11 this year (unless CUSA cancels their season), I'd say nothing less than 7 or 8 W's.

IF we play 11 games, 8-3, 9-2,10-1... If we play 10 games 7-3, 8-2, 9-1. Any record along those lines & we good.

CUSA hasn't cancelled. 7-4 would be kinda disappointing no?

Advertisement
you don't think UGA or UF will be ON our five stars if we start stumbling or if they finish the season off better than us? maybe im just more realistic in that yes, its going to be hard to keep a five star committed without having a big season.

personally, id be absolutely disappointed if we lost 3 games this year. the schedule isn't that tough and barring losing a ton of kids to injuries/virus, there shouldn't be excuses
Ok well how did we keep our class intact last year after maybe the most embarrassing season ever and add Knighton/Tae to it but you don’t think we can keep Williams, who is solid as it gets, Taylor and company if we lose a couple of games this season?

You sound like you’re a typical SEC **** gobbler that likes to cloak their **** gobbling under the guise of being a realist. Our schedule isn’t tough, aka the ACC sucks and we should shiver in fear of the almighty SEC teams poaching our players if we go 9-2. Gotcha.

Advertisement
Ok well how did we keep our class intact last year after maybe the most embarrassing season ever and add Knighton/Tae to it but you don’t think we can keep Williams, who is solid as it gets, Taylor and company if we lose a couple of games this season?

You sound like you’re a typical SEC **** gobbler that likes to cloak their **** gobbling under the guise of being a realist. Our schedule isn’t tough, aka the ACC sucks and we should shiver in fear of the almighty SEC teams poaching our players if we go 9-2. Gotcha.
yup sec gobbler. not like they've taken our **** for years down here bc we can't put it together on the field. the toughest part of our schedule is early on, which helps.

hes the king of the offseason, but no more looking like we didn't even practice
No for sure I reserve judgment until we play but the recruiting has been elite especially off 6-7. I was his biggest critic and I’ll admit it was atrocious coaching probably the worst I’ve ever seen but he deserves one more season.

Who are the trusted Dade schools beside MNW?

- Central? South Ridge?

No for sure I reserve judgment until we play but the recruiting has been elite especially off 6-7. I was his biggest critic and I’ll admit it was atrocious coaching probably the worst I’ve ever seen but he deserves one more season.

oh the staff can recruit. his close last year was amazing for a team that nearly lost to 3 non p5 teams. again, I actually like Manny, but yes this is second chance for me. I don't think you can afford to figure out if hes the guy if we flop again (similar to FSU pulling the plug on willie). I don't think well flop again bc king and Lash should keep us in every game no matter what. again, I've told myself for ever but im impatient now and I know recruiting will fall apart just as quick as you built it if you disappoint in the fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back