Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lance Roffers Thoughts on Collins athletically?
He’s 84th percentile. The physical tools are there to be a nice starting ACC 1-technique.

What I’d want answered- and why I always say that athletic tools set the baseline for the player and mental sets the ceiling- is about the play temperament. Does he have the desire to do the dirty work in the trenches and occupy space and be physical play after play, while his teammates get more glory from the fans and media.

On film, I didn’t see it to the level I’d want. He took lots of plays off and displayed a mentality that settled for good over great. That’s not uncommon for HS DT’s who can coast on size and strength. That position is different. You’ve got to be built a certain way mentally and you’ve got to buy-in.

Your teammates will know your worth and what you do makes their glory possible, but the mentality has to be one that accepts the job and that grind.

I’m currently unconvinced, but I’d take him because big DT’s are usually late bloomers.

*Update* I undersold his athleticism. It's definitely above average and elevates his ceiling more than I gave him credit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He’s average. The physical tools are there to be a nice starting ACC 1-technique.

What I’d want answered- and why I always say that athletic tools set the baseline for the player and mental sets the ceiling- is about the play temperament. Does he have the desire to do the dirty work in the trenches and occupy space and be physical play after play, while his teammates get more glory from the fans and media.

On film, I didn’t see it to the level I’d want. He took lots of plays off and displayed a mentality that settled for good over great. That’s not uncommon for HS DT’s who can coast on size and strength. That position is different. You’ve got to be built a certain way mentally and you’ve got to buy-in.

Your teammates will know your worth and what you do makes their glory possible, but the mentality has to be one that accepts the job and that grind.

I’m currently unconvinced, but I’d take him because big DT’s are usually late bloomers.

I’ve been posting for a month that his effort is the biggest issue with him. In game , practice and working out. Hopefully he gets his stuff together.

My Guy said UF doing UF things....
1597010661039.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Boy did they.

Still say this ain’t over...I think that “ shock the world “ sHT he wanted ain’t happened yet.

If we are still sitting on a scholarship the first of December you can bet it’s coming...jmo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back