Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I was just about to respond to you to say that I'd be willing to bet his response will be something along the lines of "I'm just keeping it real" but he already beat me to it. 10 times out of 10 that will be the "go-to" phrase for the posters who say Diaz is just an offseason champ. Never fails.
I agree, but we don't have evidence to the contrary either... Until he does win this year (if there is a season) it'll be a little hard to refute anyone that says this.

Advertisement
@caneinorlando whats funny is fans blaming rumph for marhsall. The kid was apparently given money even Bama people were like "wow" too.
a week ago, it was all between um and bama. they kid wasn't trolling. UF has no recruiting department and got desperate
No disrespect but that’s Bull$hit. This was an elaborate troll job from the start! If you couldn’t smell that out from the start with the whole crystal ball bologna saga, then it’s time to get the Olfactory system checked my friend. He was never coming here, trolling is gamesmanship between coaches and they got us on this one. Was probably payback for Tae last year.

When the last time we had a 5 star CB ?
Howard but he was severely overrated as he never possessed 5 star speed which was evident on the field during his career here.

Advertisement
No disrespect but that’s Bull$hit. This was an elaborate troll job from the start! If you couldn’t smell that out from the start with the whole crystal ball bologna saga, then it’s time to get the Olfactory system checked my friend. He was never coming here, trolling is gamesmanship between coaches and they got us on this one. Was probably payback for Tae last year.
If I’m wrong I’m wrong

banda is in a bunch of recruitments not just including DBs (he and field go in and help wherever they need help to close). rumph either has to produce first rounders or bring in some elite DBs. if he cant do either, hes not gonna last. i think hes a good coach and develops our guys fairly well, but the one thing we havent done is gotten an elite DB (even one he coached and knew forever) to sign up to play for him. that becomes an issue.

THIS IS WHAT Liberty said btw regarding rumph:

Liberty City El said:
No, he was asking me which schools can be trusted as in which ones are Cane allies in Dade, so I listed those.

As far as the CB recruiting situation, I mean short of getting a new CB coach all we can do is win & hope our guys gets drafted high, but otherwise not much can be done.

Maybe we shift responsibilities & just have Banda & DVD recruit CB's only, but we're pretty much goin on year 4, season 5 & still can't get the elite CB's.
Lol..Why would I listen to someone, who's not friends with Mike??...and has no idea about the situation??

You have to assume Little picks Miami. This like recruiting Al Blades Jr here.
You would hope so but not exactly. Earl Little’s father is a former UM player who is alive and supportive of his sons decision either way. Al’s dad is a um legend who passed away so he had a legacy to uphold. He was literally going to be a cane no matter what. If his father was alive he might have been supportive of al going elsewhere, unfortunately we’ll never know. Rest In Peace

Advertisement
You would hope so but not exactly. Earl Little’s father is a former UM player who is alive and supportive of his sons decision either way. Al’s dad is a um legend who passed away so he had a legacy to uphold. He was literally going to be a cane no matter what. If his father was alive he might have been supportive of al going elsewhere, unfortunately we’ll never know. Rest In Peace
No Al Sr would NOT have been supportive of Jr going elsewhere...

If the ho want to ho LET IT GO.

jt.png

I guarantee I'm more familiar with DB Coaching at the U...and have been for 25yrs....Rumph isn't the problem...Stop making him into a Scapegoat...

Honestly, I am in the middle. I've heard from folks that Rumph's hands are tied in how kids get evaluated and recruited (i.e. he is not allowed to target kids like other guys on staff are). OTOH, I see what I see in his lack of closing on any big time CB. Now, some of it isn't his fault, and some of it is. Truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Advertisement
ok so at least for me I'm not even holding the TC and Surtain thing as the reason for Rumph to be gone...the thing is it just seems as that room should be more organized/full, it's ok if you miss but here in S.flo we have many options and I just feel like we are not exploring those options. The fact that we had to go with Ivey last year after mistakes on top of mistakes should never happen here.
Rumph is not only not a good recruiter but he doesn’t make up for that in relentlessness on the trail. Some guys don’t have that natural salesman personality but make up for it by working there *** off on the trail Tirelessly. Rumph has neither and spare me with this whole “he’s a great teacher” myth. If he’s such a great technician, then why five years in are CBs still can’t turn around in pass coverage and find the ball? And if he’s such great teacher why hasn’t the NFL come calling where you don’t have to recruit? Exactly, crickets! I like rumph as a person and love him for the player he was here but he’s a sub par coach and nothing more and would have never been kept on staff from the likes of Howard, jimmy or Butch based on his recruting abilities. again referring to butch taking out the obvious relationship they have as his coach and the man who recruited him. And it’s true diaz was ready to move on and rumph was saying his goodbyes. But the guy fell through and rumph got a stay on his execution. Will see what the future brings but if you don’t see that Diaz has identified the weak link and is ready to move on at a moments notice then your wrong. This time hopefully Diaz learned not to put all his eggs in one basket like the end of last season and has more then one option lined up.

****!!! LOL - so 5* CB’s are as good as gone at those and most places? I don’t want to make this a thread about you know who, but how do we keep some of them home? Seems like Manny has the program going in right direction in terms of recruiting but how does he overcome the CB recruiting situation?
seems like CB is the new DT that we could never get lol

Advertisement
Rumph will be an interesting test case regarding the power of bags say he were fired by Manny and hired by UGA.
That’s kind of been the case with Hartley, no? He was a great recruiter without bags and with bags, he’s getting higher rated tight ends each of his first 2 years back at UGA. So Rumph at a UGA or another bag school would do better than here in terms of the recruiting. Not sure how he is viewed by coaches down here but bags would prevail on a high 4, 5 star kid.

Why are people talking about Collins not being in the class. @Cribby has already confirmed that everything has been patched up there.
Because recruiting is unpredictable, it’s only August and it was mentioned by a few writers that’s a possibility. Not discounting in any way what Cribby or any other CIS personality with info. has presented already.

Since I'm friends with Mike, and have been since 98...I don't even listen to these Buffoons....Only a Moron would blame Mike on Marshall commiting to UF...
Tyrique got $250k. I can’t wait to hear what the number was for Marshall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back