Savion Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins said in the interview he gives it a "60/40 chance" he will sign with Miami during the early Decemeber period. He said he's gonna take visits for sure & is isn't ruling out LSU or UF. He & Stroud are strengthening the relationship.

Basically, Collins will probably stick, but if he doesn't we already have a contingency plan in place with Darrell Jackson. The ball is in Collins court, the staff has done everything they need to make him feel welcome & he has a spot in this class it's just up to him if he wants to keep it.

But this ain't a situation to worry about, if he's still shaky & won't shutdown his recruitment we'll quickly move on.

Basically he's following what Marshall and Taylor are doing? To a degree?

Advertisement
Collins said in the interview he gives it a "60/40 chance" he will sign with Miami during the early Decemeber period. He said he's gonna take visits for sure & is isn't ruling out LSU or UF. He & Stroud are strengthening the relationship.

Basically, Collins will probably stick, but if he doesn't we already have a contingency plan in place with Darrell Jackson. The ball is in Collins court, the staff has done everything they need to make him feel welcome & he has a spot in this class it's just up to him if he wants to keep it.

But this ain't a situation to worry about, if he's still shaky & won't shutdown his recruitment we'll quickly move on.

I'd take Jackson over him straight up

If maason smith comes do you think we'll move on?

Advertisement
@Canes Brotherhood
11B66DEE-5070-40C4-BFA7-5325DEF1904F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically he's following what Marshall and Taylor are doing? To a degree?
Not necessarily.

His recruitment is different than theirs in the sense that he had went a long while without having any contact with the staff simply because he's a kid that moves to the beat of his own drum, but recently the communication has picked back up & we've let him know we want him in this class with his teammates, it's just up to him to make that decision.

He will probably stick once LT & JM commit as well, his Mom is really the main reason he's still committed she absolutely loves Miami & the coaching staff & she won't let him decommit, so ultimately he'll probably shut down his recruitment.

But he's just a different type of kid personality wise.

If maason smith comes do you think we'll move on?
I don't see Maason Smith coming here.

It's great that he really loves the Defense & the staff has done a terrific job keeping us in a dead heat in that recruitment, but taking a 5-star DT from a feeder school like Terrebonne in Houma LA from LSU is just unlikely.

I mean anything can happen, but he probably goes to LSU.

It's great that he really loves the Defense & the staff has done a terrific job keeping us in a dead heat in that recruitment, but taking a 5-star DT from a feeder school like Terrebonne in Houma LA from LSU is just unlikely.

He’d have to be one of the most elite prospects we’ve landed in years.

Advertisement

You never know. I could see LSU being a .500 ball club this year.....

Advertisement

Does anyone think kids will be allowed to take official visits? If he's signing early in December, I highly doubt official visits are allowed.

I think Maason Smith goes to LSU and we keep Collins. Him going to UF would be unfortunate, but not unexpected. If Collins goes to LSU I think it helps our chances with Smith but it's still a longshot.

Advertisement
Does anyone think kids will be allowed to take official visits? If he's signing early in December, I highly doubt official visits are allowed.

They are holding out hope but yeah I don’t see how kids can take multiple OVs this year. Especially in the next 2-3 months. Maybe a lot of kids will wait until Feb NSD and hope there is a vaccine or its been contained. Anyone signing in Dec is being extremely optimistic about going on OVs and not catching the virus.

They are holding out hope but yeah I don’t see how kids can take multiple OVs this year. Especially in the next 2-3 months. Maybe a lot of kids will wait until Feb NSD and hope there is a vaccine or its been contained. Anyone signing in Dec is being extremely optimistic about going on OVs and not catching the virus.
At best maybe they allow in state official visits. Highly doubt any of these kids in an official visit throughout the rest of the year.

Most likely virtual visits. If it's up in the air if games will even be played, no way on campus officials happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back