Chase Smith
Tyrique Stevenson
Daryl Porter
Chris Graves
Jaden Harris
Kam Kitchens
Mitchell Ugude

That's a lot of juice missing.

No wonder defense isn't looking that great.

You add those above pieces defense looks totally different.

These Defensive players are out right now during spring or not on campus yet:

Antonio Moultrie
Elijah Roberts
Nyjalik Kelly
Chase Smith
Tyrique Stevenson
Daryl Porter
Chris Graves
Jaden Harris
Kam Kitchens
Mitchell Ugude

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

Advertisement

Antonio Moultrie
Elijah Roberts
Nyjalik Kelly
Chase Smith
Tyrique Stevenson
Daryl Porter
Chris Graves
Jaden Harris
Kam Kitchens
Mitchell Ugude

Yep potentially 6 starters

George reminds me of Olave from Ohio State. Smooth route runner natural pass catcher with deceptive speed.
No sir olave is way faster. At osu he consistently ran past people and ran a 4.39 40. George ain’t running close to that. I would like to know where urban finds these wrs cause all them dudes are running 4.3

Advertisement
- Jacolby George is starting to separate from the pack. He snatched a 50/50 ball from Te’Cory Couch and consistently makes plays.

- There was no full scrimmage but they had a short full-contact period. Thad Franklin had the best run, bouncing off the first-team defense and finishing with physicality. I like him as the lead back if his mind is right. Cody Brown scored an off-tackle TD against the backups.

- TVD threw a laser to Restrepo in the end zone. Their confidence is off the charts.

- Jaleel Skinner has been catching balls from all the QBs and is more advanced than expected. The tight end group is one of the strongest on the team. Khalil Brantley caught a TD during red zone work and Don Mammarelli is enormous as a blocking TE.

- Waynmon Steed is really stepping up and solidifying his starting spot, along with Keontra Smith. Not a lot of rotating thus far. Wesley Bissainthe had a big TFL on an end-around to Brashard Smith (as described by @BigCaneAl) and Gil Frierson also had a well-timed tackle in the backfield.

- The battle to watch on offense is Logan Sagapolou (started today) versus Ousman Troure. Jalen Rivers and John Campbell are already getting work so that position is about to get tight.

- Expect to see several more Portal additions, especially on defense. Offense is way ahead right now and injuries are exposing depth issues.

- Overall, practice is more physical. More drilling for taking on/getting off blocks, more gap runs, more run-defense team drills. The key now is acquiring more talent and building up the roster.
Any chance Mammarelli ends up on the line? Make take the Zion plan to become a tackle?

UM def needs a stout DT, and a MLB, I think we are good for the season at CB but if they do add a CB I think it needs to be a player with at least 2 years of eligibility. After this season, not including the freshman there is Clarke, Dunson, Couch, and Curtis. Though good things have been said about Curtis, that’s not a very good group unless they make a huge jump. Also another DE would be dope. And an a Tackle, preferably someone with 2 years of eligibility.

Last edited:
Waynmon Steed breakout season coming up!!

I think you're right. Just don't see him as an MLB but fighting it out for starting snaps at OLB with Keontra. I expect he'll be on the field with Keontra on passing downs, but we need more body mass overall on the inside. Perryman pulled it off, so maybe I'm underestimating the young man. But not too many Perrymans out there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thad will never ever start over a healthy Chaney!!! Never!!

Rich man's problem.

I always believed Chaney a high level NFL talent if truly healthy. But that's been a big if. Hopefully this is his year.

I also believe Thad could be that guy. He doesn't have the same elite change of direction and agility. But he makes up for it with his center of gravity and the way he hits the hole. Thad is everything Travis Homer brought us with an additional 10-20 pounds plus slightly better balance. Dude is impressive. Without knowing the situation directly, his issue seems to have been dedication. Needs to want it and be committed to grinding.

Antonio Moultrie
Elijah Roberts
Nyjalik Kelly
Chase Smith
Tyrique Stevenson
Daryl Porter
Chris Graves
Jaden Harris
Kam Kitchens
Mitchell Ugude

Impressive list. I know championship teams have started true freshmen, but let's not count too much on Graves, Kelly and Harris considering they will only have a couple months in the summer to acclimate. We need to be able to win the ACCCG without them. If I were Cristobal and Steele, I'd be portalling too.

I think you're right. Just don't see him as an MLB but fighting it out for starting snaps at OLB with Keontra. I expect he'll be on the field with Keontra on passing downs, but we need more body mass overall on the inside. Perryman pulled it off, so maybe I'm underestimating the young man. But not too many Perrymans out there.
The game has changed sir. Steed has enough size. He is 5’11-6’0 225. For comparisons pappoe at auburn is 225 and he started for Steele at mlb when he weighed less than that.

Advertisement
Back