2023 Saturday 5/21 Visits

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am not trying to "be that guy", I am just saying Orlando is big time UF / FSU country so pulling kids out of here is very tough but doable. An there are a lot of OSU under tones because of Urban Meyers influences.

As for the Shemar reference, his stance on chosing TAM because of money is the classic "got to feed the family" to chase his bag. So if or when LeBlanc doesn't choose UM, will it also be to "feed the family".

Hopefully I am wrong an LeBlanc sees the opportunity at UM and commits to Miami.

Go Canes

We offered Shemar more than aTm people here were saying.

That’s the way the bag schools can win. Be competitive in NIL and grease a mentor under the table like the good ole days.

Yep. This is what Tusk will never admit or acknowledge. We are now in the hybrid world. Today, there's both NEW money (NIL) and old-fashioned illegal money (same as it ever was, same as it ever was).

And I'm not buying into the whole "everybody does it, man" nonsense. Yes, if you go out on the interstate right now, EVERYBODY is driving over the speed limit. But the guys driving 100 mph are simply much more dangerous than the guys driving 70 mph.

Advertisement
Yep. This is what Tusk will never admit or acknowledge. We are now in the hybrid world. Today, there's both NEW money (NIL) and old-fashioned illegal money (same as it ever was, same as it ever was).

And I'm not buying into the whole "everybody does it, man" nonsense. Yes, if you go out on the interstate right now, EVERYBODY is driving over the speed limit. But the guys driving 100 mph are simply much more dangerous than the guys driving 70 mph.
Great example with the highway driving. No one could compete with these guys when the entire game was under the table so they were dropping bags and everyone else was dropping Monopoly money. Now they’re mad because other schools have a chance to compete and even exceed them in the (legal) bag game for lack of a more convoluted term.

Great example with the highway driving. No one could compete with these guys when the entire game was under the table so they were dropping bags and everyone else was dropping Monopoly money. Now they’re mad because other schools have a chance to compete and even exceed them in the (legal) bag game for lack of a convoluted term.

Completely agree.

I would also add, not every single "blue-chip" kid views "money" the same way. Not every Top 250 kid is dirt-poor with the family thisclose to losing electricity and/or getting evicted.

And some of these kids are not interested in committing felonies, so the prospect of LEGAL payments goes a long way to being able to ignore the lure of the illicit money.

That's why it's still worthwhile to point out Coach Moe's money, or the Gaytors bragging about offering a no-show job at Shands to the mom, free Hogtown housing, and a separate bag of cash to the father, just to try to sign Perkins a few months ago.

Last edited:
They’re not the same, people just make that comp because they both played at MNW.

Cooper has more raw speed & explosiveness, he was better in the open field as a Deep threat WR.

Jean is better route technician & has better hands than Amari had coming out of HS. Joker is an advanced level router runner for HS, he already understands how to properly stem his routes & stack DB’s at the top of his breaks to create separation with his feet.

He also has giant hands & is a natural catcher of the football, he absolutely snatches the ball out of the air & has a wide catch radius due to his arm length as well. He’s a legit 6’1 1/2 & still growing, wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up on the plus side of 6’2.

He doesn’t have raw blazing 4.4 speed, but he does have good agility & lateral quickness being able to cut when striding down the field, he’s a smooth runner with technically savvy footwork.

A faster Dontario Drummond is more of an apt comparison IMO.

Sounds like a young Chad Johnson!!

Completely agree.

I would also add, not every single "blue-chip" kid views "money" the same way. Not every Top 250 kid is dirt-poor with the family thisclose to losing electricity and/or getting evicted.

And some of these kids are not interested in committing felonies, so the prospect of LEGAL payments goes a long way to being able to ignore the lure of the illicit money.

That's why it's still worthwhile to point out Coach Moe's money, or the Gaytors bragging about offering a no-show job at Shands, free Hogtown housing, and a separate bag of cash to the father, just to try to sign Perkins a few months ago.
I think there are kids like what QueJay said about Tony Mitchell telling Saban essentially that if he doesn’t match the highest NIL he’s not signing with Bama and then other kids who want to go to a particular school and will take a competitive bag to go there even if it’s not the highest.

Advertisement
I am far from a mope or clown!

Man I have been on the UM boards longer than your pimple ***, if anyone should leave and go be cuckolded Semin-hole in trailernasty it's especially since you can't post about things pertinent to this thread's topic.

Go Canes
09318D11-4E83-44D0-9D65-E93AE4CA2D9A.gif

Advertisement
Really? Big hands. Good natural catcher. Route running. Not a burner but a fast football player
He’s bigger physically & a better route runner than George was coming out of HS.

George is about 5’11 maybe an even 6’0 with cleats on, Jean is 6’1 1/2 without shoes on & has a much bigger physical frame, George is still skinny & lanky, Joker will easily be 190+ in college.

He’s bigger physically & a better route runner than George was coming out of HS.

George is about 5’11 maybe an even 6’0 with cleats on, Jean is 6’1 1/2 without shoes on & has a much bigger physical frame, George is still skinny & lanky, Joker will easily be 190+ in college.
Fair enough. High level recruitment battle Mario needs to win

I’m not sure there is a more hilarious narrative than Nick Saban spoke out to preserve the sanctity of the game and promote parity.

Advertisement
Back