2023 Saturday 5/21 Visits

Advertisement
Jean was high on BMac’s board and he’s high on Gattis’s board.

This guy is a premier talent. The ranking should follow the offers.
I like jean a lot and hope we get him but as highly regarded as they are, I don't see any track record to clearly indicate Bmac or Gattis are gurus at evaluating WRs.

I like jean a lot and hope we get him but as highly regarded as they are, I don't see any track record to clearly indicate Bmac or Gattis are gurus at evaluating WRs.
I don't follow Michigan, Penn State or Alabama recruiting but Gattis was the primary recruiter for KJ Hamler, Roman Wilson and John Metchie. All were 4 stars but not clear can't miss prospects. So two pros and another kid who is good and would be more productive in a more open offense.

Advertisement
I think they are comparing him to Cooper from his hs days, not as a pro bowl NFL wr.
If I remember correctly Amari was injured his junior year and somebody on Grassy kept saying that this kid was no 3 star, as he was rated as such that summer, and that the kid was a bonafide star in the making. He blew up his senior year and killed at the All Star game practices and he was a deep threat. I don’t see Jean as that same style deep threat. Once again, I’ve been on the Jean bandwagon for a while but outside them both being Bulls, I don’t see the resemblance. I don’t mind being wrong here because if Jean has that type of release at the line and is a deep threat, he is even better than I thought.

I don't follow Michigan, Penn State or Alabama recruiting but Gattis was the primary recruiter for KJ Hamler, Roman Wilson and John Metchie. All were 4 stars but not clear can't miss prospects. So two pros and another kid who is good and would be more productive in a more open offense.
They were pretty good but to me not a very impressive board based on that much time recruiting WRs at 3 blue blood programs. And I dont see the 3 star guys who outperformed their ratings and shows evaluations skills.

Not saying Gattis is bad or below par, I just dont automatically give him a free pass when it comes to WR evaluations

They were pretty good but to me not a very impressive board based on that much time recruiting WRs at 3 blue blood programs. And I dont see the 3 star guys who outperformed their ratings and shows evaluations skills.

Not saying Gattis is bad or below par, I just dont automatically give him a free pass when it comes to WR evaluations
He recruited Jahan Dotson and I left him off the list because I missed it. He coached Chris Godwin but wasn't his primary recruiter. Juwan Johnson is in the league too. Thats 5 NFL guys in 8 seasons that he either recruited or coached and none were top 100 players. Possibly a couple pros on the Michigan roster that he's leaving with Wilson, Andrel Anthony and Henning. I wouldn't give any coach a free pass but I don't look at what Gattis has done and think to question his evaluations.

Advertisement
He recruited Jahan Dotson and I left him off the list because I missed it. He coached Chris Godwin but wasn't his primary recruiter. Juwan Johnson is in the league too. Thats 5 NFL guys in 8 seasons that he either recruited or coached and none were top 100 players. Possibly a couple pros on the Michigan roster that he's leaving with Wilson, Andrel Anthony and Henning. I wouldn't give any coach a free pass but I don't look at what Gattis has done and think to question his evaluations.
This was only about who he recruited/evaluated not coached and I never questioned or said he was bad at it. You are creating an argument thats not there. My original response was regarding Jean and that his rankings should go up based on Bmac and Gattis offering him (I do think it should be higher but not for those reasons). I actually think the list of guys he recruited (not coached) is pretty average considering the amount of time and the schools he was involved with. Throw in Bmacs WRs and well.... I stand by what I said. From strictly an evaluating perspective and who they personally brought in these two are ok but definitely not the gold standard.

*** I do like Gattis overall, I like Jean a lot and I hope we get him.

LeBlanc is down here so often buddy has a dorm room.

So was Shemar Stewart and we see how that turned out. Pulling both LeBlanc and Walker out of Kissimmee will be a tall order for UM'S staff. It is doable I think they are both realizing OSU's dline coach most likely retires after this year and that leaves UF as the local favorite but their coaching staff doesn't have the pedigree UM'S staff does.

Go Canes

Last edited:
So was Shemar Stewart and we see how that turned out. Pulling both LeBlanc and Walker out of Kissimmee will be a tall order for UM'S staff. It is doable I think they are both realizing OSU's dline coach most likely retires after this year and that leaves UF as the local favorite but their coaching staff doesn't have the pedigree UM'S staff does.

Go Canes

The LeBlanc-Shemar comparison is more fitting to the gaytors. He’s closer to their area and has been on their campus way more than at Miami. I thought LeBlanc was being talked about going to Oklahoma- has that changed?

Go Canes

Shemar Stewart wasn't recruited by Mario and putting him on Mario is bs.

Stop it.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Go Canes

That post isn’t even accurate

If I remember correctly Amari was injured his junior year and somebody on Grassy kept saying that this kid was no 3 star, as he was rated as such that summer, and that the kid was a bonafide star in the making. He blew up his senior year and killed at the All Star game practices and he was a deep threat. I don’t see Jean as that same style deep threat. Once again, I’ve been on the Jean bandwagon for a while but outside them both being Bulls, I don’t see the resemblance. I don’t mind being wrong here because if Jean has that type of release at the line and is a deep threat, he is even better than I thought.
They’re not the same, people just make that comp because they both played at MNW.

Cooper has more raw speed & explosiveness, he was better in the open field as a Deep threat WR.

Jean is better route technician & has better hands than Amari had coming out of HS. Joker is an advanced level router runner for HS, he already understands how to properly stem his routes & stack DB’s at the top of his breaks to create separation with his feet.

He also has giant hands & is a natural catcher of the football, he absolutely snatches the ball out of the air & has a wide catch radius due to his arm length as well. He’s a legit 6’1 1/2 & still growing, wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up on the plus side of 6’2.

He doesn’t have raw blazing 4.4 speed, but he does have good agility & lateral quickness being able to cut when striding down the field, he’s a smooth runner with technically savvy footwork.

A faster Dontario Drummond is more of an apt comparison IMO.

Advertisement
So then whom should losing Shemar be on then?

Go Canes
Money

Straight from Shemars mouth.

Next question.

LeBlanc as others have noted is a horrible comparison as well to juxtapose with Shemar. Furthermore regarding Shemar how many more quotes do you need from him discussing the hole UM was in because of Manny and company.

You are trying to be that guy. Trying really hard. I'm not entertaining it.

Money

Straight from Shemars mouth.

Next question.

LeBlanc as others have noted is a horrible comparison as well to juxtapose with Shemar. Furthermore regarding Shemar how many more quotes do you need from him discussing the hole UM was in because of Manny and company.

You are trying to be that guy. Trying really hard. I'm not entertaining it.
1653225051682.gif

Advertisement
Back