2023 Saturday 5/21 Visits

I’m not sure there is a more hilarious narrative than Nick Saban spoke out to preserve the sanctity of the game and promote parity.
Only people buying this argument from Nick are his groupies, including many in the national media.

I am appalled that no one has asked Nick why, if he cares so much about the sport and it’s purity and being fair, has he not lead the fight with the NCAA to create a limit not only on coaches but on analysts and staff. Before Nick gets to say a thing about someone else’s advantage he should first have to answer questions about all his advantages.
I am not saying to ask him about boosters and illegal payments because he will easily brush that aside. But ask him about all the advantages the Bama program has as a result of its budget.

Advertisement
Only people buying this argument from Nick are his groupies, including many in the national media.

I am appalled that none has asked Nick why, if he cares so much about the sport and it’s purity and being fair, has he not lead the fight with the NCAA to create a limit not only on coaches but on analysts and staff. Before Nick gets to say a thing about someone else’s advantage he should first have to answer questions about all his advantages.
I am not saying to ask him about boosters and illegal payments because he will easily brush that aside. But ask him about all the advantages the Bama program has as a result of its budget.
I said the exact same thing in another thread. Was out to dinner with a close friend here in Atlanta (at Forza Storico, just so so) who is a big Bama booster. The sport has gotten boring for him to the point that he hardly watches and we have had many talks about that exact issue. At some point he gave the company line and I said that back, which he had no response for. Just take ownership that you’re ****ed you’re losing a competitive advantage.

I said the exact same thing in another thread. Was out to dinner with a close friend here in Atlanta (at Forza Storico, just so so) who is a big Bama booster. The sport has gotten boring for him to the point that he hardly watches and we have had many talks about that exact issue. At some point he gave the company line and I said that back, which he had no response for. Just take ownership that you’re ****ed you’re losing a competitive advantage.
At least we are addressing it. I’ve raised the argument to a few Bama fans and they do go silent when we hold up the mirror.
Thanks for the tip about Forza Storico. Too many good places to eat in Atlanta to spend our money at a mediocre place that will still charge a lot.

I’m not sure there is a more hilarious narrative than Nick Saban spoke out to preserve the sanctity of the game and promote parity.

Absolutely. I'm not saying Nick Saban doesn't have thoughts and opinions on the overall game of college football, but his entire career has been predicated on trying to squeeze every competitive advantage out of everything, he overworks his coaches, he takes advantage of every other school, he complains about each and every minor rule, ranking, or interpretation that doesn't favor him personally...

I have no doubt that Nick Saban wants equality in college football, as long as college football is "more equal" for Alabama...

I am not trying to "be that guy", I am just saying Orlando is big time UF / FSU country so pulling kids out of here is very tough but doable. An there are a lot of OSU under tones because of Urban Meyers influences.

As for the Shemar reference, his stance on chosing TAM because of money is the classic "got to feed the family" to chase his bag. So if or when LeBlanc doesn't choose UM, will it also be to "feed the family".

Hopefully I am wrong an LeBlanc sees the opportunity at UM and commits to Miami.

Go Canes

The 2nd interview is very telling compared to the 1st interview with the Miami reporter. He's not as comfortable talking about UF with the "Inside the Gators" reporter. He fidgets and doesn't want to look at the reporter when answering questions. If I'm playing poker, this is a tell. I'm betting all in he's not going to UF.

Advertisement
Yep. This is what Tusk will never admit or acknowledge. We are now in the hybrid world. Today, there's both NEW money (NIL) and old-fashioned illegal money (same as it ever was, same as it ever was).

And I'm not buying into the whole "everybody does it, man" nonsense. Yes, if you go out on the interstate right now, EVERYBODY is driving over the speed limit. But the guys driving 100 mph are simply much more dangerous than the guys driving 70 mph.
Many Talking Heads would say this not a Once In A Lifetime thing....

Advertisement
If I remember correctly Amari was injured his junior year and somebody on Grassy kept saying that this kid was no 3 star, as he was rated as such that summer, and that the kid was a bonafide star in the making. He blew up his senior year and killed at the All Star game practices and he was a deep threat. I don’t see Jean as that same style deep threat. Once again, I’ve been on the Jean bandwagon for a while but outside them both being Bulls, I don’t see the resemblance. I don’t mind being wrong here because if Jean has that type of release at the line and is a deep threat, he is even better than I thought.
I remember wayyyyy early in the process @gogeta4 said he was the best WR in Dade

There was all kinds of weird things going on when it looked like he was ours and then some claimed we didn’t want to take his commitment

I remember wayyyyy early in the process @gogeta4 said he was the best WR in Dade

There was all kinds of weird things going on when it looked like he was ours and then some claimed we didn’t want to take his commitment
I thought Golden finally took his commitment that summer at one of his camps, and then moms came through and said naw.

Never. He’ll always present it under the guise of it being a general problem with the sport overall.

I remember him complaining about the no huddle spread offenses and using the pretense of it being a “player safety issue” when it was really about his defense getting shredded.

Saban only cares about Saban.

Advertisement

I am appalled that no one has asked Nick why, if he cares so much about the sport and it’s purity and being fair, has he not lead the fight with the NCAA to create a limit not only on coaches but on analysts and staff. Before Nick gets to say a thing about someone else’s advantage he should first have to answer questions about all his advantages.
Fineslurper agrees with Satan.

Never. He’ll always present it under the guise of it being a general problem with the sport overall.

I remember him complaining about the no huddle spread offenses and using the pretense of it being a “player safety issue” when it was really about his defense getting shredded.

Saban only cares about Saban.

Exactly. This is the PERFECT example.

He does not give a **** about "player safety" due to the no-huddle. If he did, he'd still be bringing it up at booster club events and blaming aTm and Jackson State and Miami.

The ONLY reason that Saban "cared" about the issue was because of how it impacted Alabama. Literally, the only thing he cares about in college football. Himself.

Fineslurper agrees with Satan.

About what? False statements? Does Fineslurper agree that aTm "bought" its entire roster? Does Fineslurper agree that Alabama didn't pay a single player? Does Fineslurper agree that JACKSON STATE paid Travis Hunter a million dollars? Does Fineslurper agree that Miami paid basketball playerS (plural) $400K each?

Because all of those Saban statements are untrue.

Advertisement
I thought Golden finally took his commitment that summer at one of his camps, and then moms came through and said naw.
Yeah the whole thing was weird I remember that

That and the Ridley….and what the heck was the name of that 5 star safety that was always with Ridley during that recruitment? Drawing a blank

@Liberty City El would know haha

Jan 31, 2014 — Shawn Burgess-Becker and Calvin Ridley are both expected to announce for Miami this Sunday.

That Sunday as each hour passed the likelihood of them making any announcement got worse and worse. Realtime CiS meltdown like a gameday thread. Announcement delayed.

Published: Apr. 15, 2014, 4:14 p.m.

The duo's growing relationship with recruiter Mario Cristobal has gone a long way in their recruitment.

"When talking with him, I feel comfortable and that he's someone I can trust," Burgess-Becker said. "He just tells me how everything is, like practices and that kind of stuff. Just the simple things that will make our connection better."

APR 19, 2014 AT 8:03 PM

Former FIU head coach Mario Cristobal reached back into his old stomping grounds this weekend and picked up a few things he had left behind after heading off to join the coaching staff at Alabama.
Cristobal coaxed commitments out of two of the top prospects in both South Florida and in the country Saturday when Pompano Beach Monarch teammates Shawn Burgess-Becker and Calvin Ridley pledged commitments to the Crimson Tide.

Both players were in Tuscaloosa for the Alabama spring game Saturday.

Reports also had Jovon Durante, a 6-0, 185 wide receiver who is at Miami Norland and committed to West Virginia last July, also pledging to the Tide, but later reports were that Durante has not yet flipped to Alabama.
All three players play on the same Florida Fire 7-on-7 team.

Durante never flipped. He had stupid bounce. Major athlete, played basketball too. Mario was his main recruiter. Jovan fits the WR profile of the guys we are targeting this cycle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back