Samson Okunlola commits to Miami

View as article
LT: pancake LG:Cohen C:Rivers RG: Francis RT: Zion….that’s a possible line up too

Mario is getting us there, no doubt about it.

But we're REALLY back from a talent perspective when kids like Samson and Mauigoa aren't written in as starters as true freshmen.

I will say this though just to look at it from the other side of the coin. I think these super elite OL prospects are more college-ready than ever before. So I'm not saying we can't win with kids like Francis and Samson starting, especially in this ****** conference. Penei Sewell started every game he was healthy for in his true freshman year, and was unreal. I'm just saying I expect this to be an OL factory for freakazoid monster linemen in the future, and it'll be an incredible luxury when we don't have to count on true freshmen to start right away.

Advertisement
Rivers to center has been bandied about since he was our emergency center late in the season. Not sure if he can play the spot but it would be ideal in order to keep cooper and Francis at guards.
If not then Cooper or Clarke at center then, but Rivers is Naturally a tackle but can play guard

I still want Zion at LT for 2023. His last half of 2021 at the LT was among best play of any tackle in America.

Zion/McCoy/SAMPSON/
Rivers/Cooper
CLARK/PORTAL
Cohen/Cooper
MAUIGOA/SAMPSON

One of, if not the best, commitment ceremonies I’ve ever seen.
I can’t stand those things as a rule, but that had me laughing. Orange and green pancakes and syrup out of a UM carafe. Original. Young man has a ton of personality, I see a lot of “Rock” in him. If the pro football thing doesn’t work out, he’s a natural for the WWE, with the wrestling background. And he already has a nickname.

Advertisement
My Friday 'fit.

FkD0eyXWQAEzyf5

I can’t stand those things as a rule, but that had me laughing. Orange and green pancakes and syrup out of a UM carafe. Original. Young man has a ton of personality, I see a lot of “Rock” in him. If the pro football thing doesn’t work out, he’s a natural for the WWE, with the wrestling background. And he already has a nickname.
No doubt most are mundane but his was absolutely incredible and one of the most impressive things was those that participated did a helluva job not giving a clue as to what his choice was. Not only the Miami carafe but there was one for the other 3 with their respective logos attached.

didn't he tear his ACL in August? that means he's going to be 13+ months out before he's ready to see the field again? something happen with his recovery?
I have no idea but it was mentioned on the Bear attack victims pod cast with Dono. 🤷‍♂️

But we're REALLY back from a talent perspective when kids like Samson and Mauigoa aren't written in as starters as true freshmen.

I will say this though just to look at it from the other side of the coin. I think these super elite OL prospects are more college-ready than ever before. So I'm not saying we can't win with kids like Francis and Samson starting, especially in this ****** conference. Penei Sewell started every game he was healthy for in his true freshman year, and was unreal. I'm just saying I expect this to be an OL factory for freakazoid monster linemen in the future, and it'll be an incredible luxury when we don't have to count on true freshmen to start right away.
I agree on Samson and Francis, having them get serious burn as true freshman makes me nervous and ideally you'd give them a year. But like you said I think the game has changed with OL and just freshman in general, these kids are coming in more ready than ever, and at least with these two they're early enrollees who will have 8 months in a college weight program come week 1

Advertisement
Who are all these 5 stars? We only signed 3 in the last 8 years previous to this class…

Lingard and Pope were busts. JW0 has had one good season and one really bad one.

LT has been great. But going 1/3 (leaving JW0 out for now) on the most talented guys in a recruiting class isn’t good. These are supposed to be the guys with a higher likelihood of panning out than not.

For the hockey fans- Jeremy Roenick and Ryan Whitney both went to Thayer too so it's kinda not surprising that this kid has a big personality too.

Advertisement

The fun thing is - MC will do this next year as well! I mean, will he land 2 5* OL? That's gonna be hard as the room finally thickens up, but he will probably bring in one 5* OL and a bunch of stud 4* OL every year. In two years, we might have the most stacked OL room in the country and that includes UGA, the *'s and BAMA.

Perople forget that we won 1 and should have won 2 NC’s with a weak armed, smart QB from California.
And a not much better QB won a Heisman and 1 NC and played for a 2nd.
Why, because they were surrounded be great talent and played smart football.
For anyone who thinks this isn’t possible today…see Stenson Bennett

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back