Samson Okunlola commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I cannot fvckin' wait to visit GreenTree during spring practice.

This team is gonna look entirely different and the trench battles are gonna be epic.

This is where championship football starts, fellas. Upfront.

jim carrey humping GIF

You mean “Heisman trophy candidate Stetson Bennett”. I know he was never going to win, and probably should not have been invited, but it just underscores your point that even a walk-on can look really good when surrounded by great talent.
Yup and come next around this time, he’s going to be selling ford trucks somewhere in Georgia. It can be done

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s cool, I’ve always thought about opening one. How’s business?
Booming, the card market ain’t like it was when I was a kid I’ll tell you that. Cards back then were nearly worthless, now it’s nothing for a card to be 20k for an unproven rookie. Last November flew out to Minn to sell an Anthony Edwards rookie card for 60k.

Booming, the card market ain’t like it was when I was a kid I’ll tell you that. Cards back then were nearly worthless, now it’s nothing for a card to be 20k for an unproven rookie. Last November flew out to Minn to sell an Anthony Edwards rookie card for 60k.
WOW, back in my day unless you had something historic, you’d be lucky to clear a couple hundred dollars for a good card.

Advertisement
Mario is getting us there, no doubt about it.

But we're REALLY back from a talent perspective when kids like Samson and Mauigoa aren't written in as starters as true freshmen.

I will say this though just to look at it from the other side of the coin. I think these super elite OL prospects are more college-ready than ever before. So I'm not saying we can't win with kids like Francis and Samson starting, especially in this ****** conference. Penei Sewell started every game he was healthy for in his true freshman year, and was unreal. I'm just saying I expect this to be an OL factory for freakazoid monster linemen in the future, and it'll be an incredible luxury when we don't have to count on true freshmen to start right away.
for all the handwringing about mario wanting to run the ball, the style of offense, this and that, i gotta tell y'all, as a titans fan who has watched some truly dominant OL play (sadly it's the opposite this year, but generally that is an organization that puts a premium on the OL): there is nothing better than watching the big boys up front physically dominate to the extent that everything on offense is practically automatic because you have open rushing lanes and clean pockets for days. that's how you break your opponents' will. and every indication is we'll be getting there, perhaps even sooner rather than later if we play things right.

WOW, back in my day unless you had something historic, you’d be lucky to clear a couple hundred dollars for a good card.
Exactly, now it’s crazy what cards go for. Sold a Lamelo Ball rookie card for 12k, sold Tyrese Hauliburton for 9k etc. the prices for cards are insane now. The prices on vintage has boomed too, Mickey Mantle card recently did 12 mil.

Advertisement
Exactly, now it’s crazy what cards go for. Sold a Lamelo Ball rookie card for 12k, sold Tyrese Hauliburton for 9k etc. the prices for cards are insane now. The prices on vintage has boomed too, Mickey Mantle card recently did 12 mil.
Are people still using becket as pricing guides for cards?

Are you finding these high dollar cards by opening packs or are you buying and reselling them?

Are people still using becket as pricing guides for cards?

Are you finding these high dollar cards by opening packs or are you buying and reselling them?
No we use eBay now to comp cards prices of cards fluctuate so rapidly it’s pretty insane. The cards I mentioned I personally opened from packs, but I’ve also bought Cards that I thought were gonna blow up and they did. Like I bought some Ja Morant rookie autographs $1600 for two cards, ended up making over 10k his 2nd year.

Advertisement
Back