Samson Okunlola commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
While technically incorrect, as we have signed a 5 star (#1 OT) in the past out of MN (and many other studs on the OL) your point is directionally correct. This class is loaded with players highly likely to have a major impact in CFB. Especially excited about the massive upgrade in the trenches. Mario wants both lines (OL & DL) to just manhandle opponents and this class is a great step in that direction. While recruiting is an inexact science, the probability is very high that players like Samson, Francis, Cormani, Wayne, Collins, and many others in this class will succeed at the highest level. This class is loaded with studs.

Welcome to the U, Samson! Can't wait to see you dominating in orange & green. Canes fans around the world will be rooting for you big time.
We never signed 2 in one class

Advertisement
new york yankees baseball GIF by MLB
This was Mario walking into Samson’s house on Tuesday night

Advertisement
I don’t wanna start to ruin the happiness we have of getting these guys. But we’ve seen so many 5 stars lately not pan out here. So maybe I’m still shook from all the flops that I can’t handle any more.

This the type of OL you try your best to have as ready as possible for day 1 next season and suffer the growing pains to get them to be an elite 3 year unit with continuity. The type of OL that ESPN telecasts drool over how many combined starts they have together.
What 5 stars have we had that haven’t worked out??? Lingard and who else? We don’t recruit enough 5 stars for this to be true.

Taylor is doing great and Williams while not setting the world on fire and has flaws is fine.

Advertisement
That 08 class was too heavy and ain’t had no real foundation. They had like 7 LBs 7 WR and 2 Oline
That class had multiple issues. It did in fact have a bunch of top tier talent but the bottom half wasn’t even G5 worthy was the first issue. It should have been a 16-18 person class. Some of the reaches were beyond reaches. Then as you stated there was no balance. Also this was the beginning of Radio playing favorites with school’s SFLA. Lastly, the top tier guys never stood a chance as the program itself was a joke at that time. Kids didn’t stand a chance to get developed, I’d say IMG had a better foundation today as a program than Miami in 07.

I’d say Cooper or Clarke, you could also move Rivers to center, Francis at guard, pancake and Zion the tackles

Rivers to center has been bandied about since he was our emergency center late in the season. Not sure if he can play the spot but it would be ideal in order to keep cooper and Francis at guards.

Advertisement
Back