2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We're still the favorite here no?
No evidence indicates we're not. Rivals had an article with him last week and it was favorable, too. I think an Ohio State OV would signify a big-time competition. Samson said if he OV's anywhere it will be in September. I don't think his season starts until the end of the Sept. He may still want to make an early decision, as in before his season begins.

No evidence indicates we're not. Rivals had an article with him last week and it was favorable, too. I think an Ohio State OV would signify a big-time competition. Samson said if he OV's anywhere it will be in September. I don't think his season starts until the end of the Sept. He may still want to make an early decision, as in before his season begins.
?

• Looking
Reactions: ben
Advertisement
On3 article from Friday on top uncommitted prospects. Sorry if already posted.

Five-star OT Samson Okunlola
On3 Consensus
: No. 14
3 NIL Valuation: $220K
On3 RPM: Miami 95.3%, Michigan State 1.1%
The Skinny: Miami has the heavy lead for Okunlola, which could potentially give the Hurricanes two five-star offensive tackles in Francis Mauigoa and Okunlola. That would be a huge win for Mario Cristobal.

Here's the whole article. This is one of the more decisive (if the most decisive) projections. Keon K to Bama is written with similar confidence.

It is OnCheeks (to steal from Stevo and Chris) so it's a little TIFWIW.
The fact that we could land Okunlola along side Mauigoa and the other stud OL we already have committed is insane to think about. Francis and Samson would easily be the best OL combo we’ve ever signed in a cycle. Like I said in another thread both of these guys have high 1st round potential. We’ve not had an OL like this since the early 2000s.

Advertisement
The fact that we could land Okunlola along side Mauigoa and the other stud OL we already have committed is insane to think about. Francis and Samson would easily be the best OL combo we’ve ever signed in a cycle. Like I said in another thread both of these guys have high 1st round potential. We’ve not had an OL like this since the early 2000s.
It wont stop with Mario and Mirabal, it will be landing elite players on the OL every year....

It wont stop with Mario and Mirabal, it will be landing elite players on the OL every year....
You have to think we'll be in consideration every year for several 5* OL. There's not a single school in the country that can provide the guarantee of coaching and development longevity that Mario/Mirabel can. To be able to say sincerely "we want to coach you and we'll be at the school you're entire college career" is a rarity.. Kind of like Saban and Smart with DBs except Mirabel seems like he's sticking with Mario and the DB coaches under Saban and Smart leave all the time.

You have to think we'll be in consideration every year for several 5* OL. There's not a single school in the country that can provide the guarantee of coaching and development longevity that Mario/Mirabel can. To be able to say sincerely "we want to coach you and we'll be at the school you're entire college career" is a rarity.. Kind of like Saban and Smart with DBs except Mirabel seems like he's sticking with Mario and the DB coaches under Saban and Smart leave all the time.
Once he puts a few "Penei Sewell" type high draft picks from Miami in the NFL it will be like shooting fish in a barrell...

Gonna be great for Dline crootin and development as well...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back