2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Cliff notes?
Okunlola still says he’s got a top nine. And he’s not sure if he’ll go through with his final two official visits. So far he’s taken three OVs: to Miami, Alabama and Michigan State.

“If I do take them (more official visits) it’ll be early in the season, in September,” he says.

While many prospects are comfortable making a commitment and then deciding on whether to take more visits, in Okunlola’s case he’s just not okay doing that. He’s old school, where “commitment” means the definition of the word.

“I feel like me personally, when I commit I’m not taking any more visits,” Okunlola said. “That’s how I feel. I don’t want to do those hoops. For me it’s like I’ve already signed when I commit. Unless something happens, and it would have to be drastic (i.e. a coaching change).”

Okunlola says Miami is recruiting him as hard as anyone, but his recruitment is hectic and Cane coaches are respecting that. He says he’ll text regularly with Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal, and that they talk once a week.

Advertisement
Okunlola still says he’s got a top nine. And he’s not sure if he’ll go through with his final two official visits. So far he’s taken three OVs: to Miami, Alabama and Michigan State.

“If I do take them (more official visits) it’ll be early in the season, in September,” he says.

While many prospects are comfortable making a commitment and then deciding on whether to take more visits, in Okunlola’s case he’s just not okay doing that. He’s old school, where “commitment” means the definition of the word.

“I feel like me personally, when I commit I’m not taking any more visits,” Okunlola said. “That’s how I feel. I don’t want to do those hoops. For me it’s like I’ve already signed when I commit. Unless something happens, and it would have to be drastic (i.e. a coaching change).”

Okunlola says Miami is recruiting him as hard as anyone, but his recruitment is hectic and Cane coaches are respecting that. He says he’ll text regularly with Mario Cristobal and Alex Mirabal, and that they talk once a week.
Hopefully we land this plane in August.

dudes a stud. would be a huge pickup. hopefully we start off hot this year.

Get it done!

1660957048114.png

Advertisement
I think how we start off this season will play a huge factor with this kids recruitment. If he’s sees we’re doing good and we get back that recruiting momentum like we recently had I think he picks us.

It would be very nice to land not one but the two best OL in the nation in one cycle!!

Advertisement
On3 article from Friday on top uncommitted prospects. Sorry if already posted.

Five-star OT Samson Okunlola
On3 Consensus
: No. 14
3 NIL Valuation: $220K
On3 RPM: Miami 95.3%, Michigan State 1.1%
The Skinny: Miami has the heavy lead for Okunlola, which could potentially give the Hurricanes two five-star offensive tackles in Francis Mauigoa and Okunlola. That would be a huge win for Mario Cristobal.

Here's the whole article. This is one of the more decisive (if the most decisive) projections. Keon K to Bama is written with similar confidence.

It is OnCheeks (to steal from Stevo and Chris) so it's a little TIFWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back