2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This seems like announcement may come soon which definitely favors us. He said he'd let everybody know well in advance. Just get him to commit before his season starts then fight like **** to get him to not use his last 2 officials
Does it? I read it that he will announce when he will be making a commitment soon, not necessarily that he will be committing soon. Of course it is possible that both could be soon, but the tweet doesn't seem to indicate that one way or the other.

Apparently the kid plays all of his games on the weekend and practices on the weekend as well according to Brian Dohn. Hard to envision him taking any OVs until his season ends but he does have 2 more left.
Yeah most of the prep schools play their games on Saturdays at 1pm up here.

Advertisement
Once he puts a few "Penei Sewell" type high draft picks from Miami in the NFL it will be like shooting fish in a barrell...

Gonna be great for Dline crootin and development as well...
It's all could start this next cycle with Zion, then the following year with Rivers. Campbell could turn into a nice 2-3 round pick down the road.

Surely that can only be good news, unless he’s going to set it at a date after a couple more OVs? Does he have one or two left?
At this point, I don't see him taking any more OVs. I just think he would have taken them already.

There's only 2 reasons I could see him taking his last OVs.

The first is if we fall off the map and don't look like anything we expect. That very highly UNLIKELY.

The second reason would be if someone like AtM puts a rediculous amount of $$ on the table offering $$ just to visit. If anything, that could force UM NIL supporters to increase a deal. So, this scenario is possible.

I do remember reading a few months ago that Samson said he was getting tired of the recruiting process and could possibly commit before the end of Summer.

So, if I were betting, I'd say he commits before his season starts.

Just feels like this goes all the way to the deadline (whether that is ESD or NSD). And if I were him, I’d wait until NSD. Imagine the bags once all your contenders miss out on some guys at ESD…

Advertisement
fail potato chips GIF by Robert E Blackmon

This seems like announcement may come soon which definitely favors us. He said he'd let everybody know well in advance. Just get him to commit before his season starts then fight like **** to get him to not use his last 2 officials
I know people are clamoring for his announcement but this is basically what the kid has been saying. Seemed like an august/September announcement has been on his mind for a long time

So I agree it’s the same timeline so if nothing has changed I think it’s good for us as well

Brian Dohn said he’s planning on taking the last 2 OV’s. Said he may take it Sept 3 weekend (which is the first weekend practice for him) or the following weekend. Said nothing yet is planned

Advertisement
Brian Dohn said he’s planning on taking the last 2 OV’s. Said he may take it Sept 3 weekend (which is the first weekend practice for him) or the following weekend. Said nothing yet is planned
He will get a can’t say no bag to whatever 2 schools he visits. Have to hope those visits don’t take place. Especially if it’s to Columbus for notre dame game

Announcements for announcement are only allowed for badass killers like this kid. Not for goofy *** kids from Finland.

I envision a bunch of pancakes with dates on them. Then he eats the others leaving one uneaten pancake with the announcement date.

He will get a can’t say no bag to whatever 2 schools he visits. Have to hope those visits don’t take place. Especially if it’s to Columbus for notre dame game

I’m sure they are doing everything in their power to get him there for that one lol. That’s the only window in the near future for him to get somewhere. That would be the only one to make me hold my breath slightly.

Advertisement
Can’t minimize the impact of potentially landing fkn Mauigoa and Samson lol
This. You sign two 5 star OTs in a single class and that is program changing. Your OL is set for 3 years.

You find some plug and play DL through the portal. But elite OL especially OTs ain’t going now where.

Please get Samson!

Honestly sounds like he’s enjoying the process…. But it also sounds like he already knows where he’s going as well?! Which I think is Good news for the Good guys!

This. You sign two 5 star OTs in a single class and that is program changing. Your OL is set for 3 years.

You find some plug and play DL through the portal. But elite OL especially OTs ain’t going now where.

Please get Samson!
Agreed he should be a TOP priority!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back