52-24 Texas A&M (finished #4)
41-24 Georgia (finished #7)
48-17 Tenn
41-0 Miss St
63-3 Kentucky
42-13 Auburn
55-17 LSU
52-3 Arkansas

And then smoked Ohio St 52-24 (the same team that just beat Clemson by 3 TDs). Let’s see how the rest of this season plays out. The goal for this season was always 10+ wins and getting to the ACC title game.

No one smart has a problem with the score. We have a problem that the game plans on both sides played directly into Bama’s hands and showed no balls or creativity.

Let’s say Lashlee copied Kiffin and Bama blew it up. Ok. We tried they were just better. Let’s say we went 80% press man and actually let 2 and 8 play physically consistently. Let’s say we disguised our zones and blitzes and they still picked us apart. Oh well we tried.

We went run, run, run, punt our first series! I have said all summer we would have to pass first for any shot to run the ball. We had Scaife on an island with the best defensive player in the country. Think about that for a minute. King almost never gets a presnap read. We showed a young prodigy qb in Young defensive looks that a 2 year old could diagnose. We were out leveraged and showed Bama where to run every snap. People thought we were gonna talk that guy hitting the line with a full head of steam because he could see the hole presnap? LOL. We were much better stopping the run with proper alignment and balance across the formation. When we actually put hands on Bama’s receivers, we could run with them 95% of the time. Zero blitz in the red zone. Keontra had no shot to stop that tight end and even if he did, the other one was wide open.We would have been better off pressing and playing zone.

This ain’t the tip of the iceberg with coaching issues. People wonder why we can’t execute when all of our players are constantly put in terrible situations.

Advertisement
My thoughts:
When you play not to lose it shows.
When you open the door step out...... don't stand there, DO something.
We stood there wondering what we should do while Bama was scheming and planning when and how to get in. They blew in almost every time they had the ball.....and Saban had mercy on us for the last half of the game....
He really did, he called off the dogs.

There is no playbook that we had to show how to defend Bama, but we did not try anything other than blitzes which the Bama QB picked up way ahead of time and executed his plays in excellent form, to set a record setting game in the books.
First game too..

Coach Lashlee you need to show us something. Our O game was so limited and bland there was no attempt to show creative plays. We showed scared and played scared.
We do have a lot of talent on our Canes, let's show it and use it.

Now the next few weeks will show our resilience to do something in the Coastal.
It is there, and the team know that this is the year that the Canes could do something to recover our season. We have to get our players back in a WIN mode.

Will we?.....I sure to **** hope so, because we need to show improvement, and that would be winning the ACCC in my book.

Agreed D

We will beat MSU and App State and people will fool themselves into thinking it’s a different team

but it’s not

not a mope post but it’s going to be another year where we are in maddeningly competitive games every single week

strap in
That would at least mean not letting a loss to a good team turn into more losses. I'd have to consider that an improvement.

A homegrown kid that already graduated is getting benched because of senior preference?

Amari played over Frierson because Amari is more physical than Frierson and they were worried about Alabama's physicality. Right or wrong, that was the thought process. If Frierson stays focused and doesn't let his work ethic slip (like he did in spring), I would expect him to be more of a factor over the course of the season.

But this “line of thinking” is the problem. There’s no doubt in my mind that part of the reason Carter started is b/c he’s a 5th yr Senior & Diaz, for whatever reason, is loyal to him. Carter may be a good, coachable type player, but he’s a complete liability as a football player. He’s a liability in coverage & tackling. We have 4 yrs of data of such, yet we play him b/c “he’s physical.” Lol.

That post is not directed towards u, just frustrated as to this continued mentality.

Advertisement
Exactly.....Lashlee doesnt want to run that Malzahn offense. Lashlee wants a pass happy offense and King cant make reads/throws that need to be made.
Also I dont understand not just the Bama game but all last year....king should have been pulling the ball and running

King has no problem making reads or throws when we play well. He isn’t Tom Brady, but he wasn’t the problem yesterday.

Lashlee’s offense is too basic and it is easy to stuff when he doesn’t have a talent advantage. We left Scaife on an island with the best defensive player in the country lol. **** was Enos like.

“But N’kosi came in and played well at Okie State” you say. Of course he did . He is a good qb who matured late and had terrible coaching. Plus he hadn’t spent the game being spammed up the middle for no gain.

In Romans latest student of the game, he broke down how well Bama’s Cb tracked the receiver through traffic and prevented a 1st down after he caught a crossing route on 3rd and long. If we ran those plays on 1st down, we would be a much better offense.

Lashlee does a poor job getting King into rhythm. Combined with some really bad protection break downs, King gets happy feet and indecisive.

No one smart has a problem with the score. We have a problem that the game plans on both sides played directly into Bama’s hands and showed no balls or creativity.

Let’s say Lashlee copied Kiffin and Bama blew it up. Ok. We tried they were just better. Let’s say we went 80% press man and actually let 2 and 8 play physically consistently. Let’s say we disguised our zones and blitzes and they still picked us apart. Oh well we tried.

We went run, run, run, punt our first series! I have said all summer we would have to pass first for any shot to run the ball. We had Scaife on an island with the best defensive player in the country. Think about that for a minute. King almost never gets a presnap read. We showed a young prodigy qb in Young defensive looks that a 2 year old could diagnose. We were out leveraged and showed Bama where to run every snap. People thought we were gonna talk that guy hitting the line with a full head of steam because he could see the hole presnap? LOL. We were much better stopping the run with proper alignment and balance across the formation. When we actually put hands on Bama’s receivers, we could run with them 95% of the time. Zero blitz in the red zone. Keontra had no shot to stop that tight end and even if he did, the other one was wide open.We would have been better off pressing and playing zone.

This ain’t the tip of the iceberg with coaching issues. People wonder why we can’t execute when all of our players are constantly put in terrible situations.
Amen!

How come when we get blown out by Alabama the whole staff sucks, but when the same exact thing happens to Kirby Smart, Jimbo, or Ryan Day they’re still top 10 coaches in CFB?

That post is not directed towards u, just frustrated as to this continued mentality.
I hear you. I'm just saying that Gilbert is as much of a Manny guy as Carter. Gilbert's weakness is tackling/striking and I think they were worried about him getting trampled.

Advertisement
King has no problem making reads or throws when we play well. He isn’t Tom Brady, but he wasn’t the problem yesterday.

Lashlee’s offense is too basic and it is easy to stuff when he doesn’t have a talent advantage. We left Scaife on an island with the best defensive player in the country lol. **** was Enos like.

“But N’kosi came in and played well at Okie State” you say. Of course he did . He is a good qb who matured late and had terrible coaching. Plus he hadn’t spent the game being spammed up the middle for no gain.

In Romans latest student of the game, he broke down how well Bama’s Cb tracked the receiver through traffic and prevented a 1st down after he caught a crossing route on 3rd and long. If we ran those plays on 1st down, we would be a much better offense.

Lashlee does a poor job getting King into rhythm. Combined with some really bad protection break downs, King gets happy feet and indecisive.
Spot on

Everyone is making good points. The frustration we all have is built in the last 20 years of coaching ineptitude. It hasn’t mattered who we’ve had we can’t get it together.

At this point I’ve given up. I just don’t think it will happen for Miami again. The revolving door of coaches does us no good but how can anyone support Manny? He’s been here 6 years. This is his defense and his players. It stinks. He hasn’t beaten anyone in 6 years who had equal or better talent. And in reality he’s been worked over almost every time.

we could all handle losing if we did it competitively and actually looked like we were coached well.

I’m going to sit back and hope for a miracle this year. I know it’s Bama but the issues are greater than the opponent.

I didn't see one time where we showed blitz and backed out to try to confuse young. Everytime we showed blitz we blitzed and they had time to identify it and adjust their protections.

I was expecting more press man but we played scared. At least in the lsu game we played alot of press man and it was pretty successful. Instead it looked more of the same from last year. We're out there covering grass instead of the wr

too often we run to eventually pass later, which is fine if you are churning out good yards on first down consistently. Many teams pass first, to eventually wear down a defense and then run the ball later. That to me is what is so frustrating about Lashlee at times

Advertisement
Exactly.....Lashlee doesnt want to run that Malzahn offense. Lashlee wants a pass happy offense and King cant make reads/throws that need to be made.
Also I dont understand not just the Bama game but all last year....king should have been pulling the ball and running
Yes the same king who lit up teams at UH now can’t throw. He’s not an NFL QB but he’s a good college QB and we have receipts on that.

You can’t run power behind Gaynor and Donaldson. God bless Gaynor but he’s weaker than a newborn kitten and Donaldson weeble wobbles and he might fall down. Add to that we aren’t beating Bama’s LBs to the edge, and the run game needed some credible effort from the passing game to open things up. Hopefully X and Rambo help us stretch lesser teams going forward.

We knew that we were going to be overmatched physically. But the most disappointing thing for me was the O play calling - especially in the first half. I was hopeful Lashlee would open it up and be more creative. First play of the game I wanted to see the fake QB draw and then King hit the post from the slot to either Mallory or Harley.

With the experience of this team, there is no excuse for a let down from here on out.
Lashlee was an absolute disgrace. I honestly don't know what he gets paid for? He installed his 5 play offense unlike 2 weeks last year so what good is he now? He absolutely sucks gameday.

The game was not competitive from the opening drive. While the talent gap is obvious (more in the trenches than skill positions IMO), we should be able to keep it close for a half or more.

Much has been rightly said about the vanilla offense, but it's the defense that keeps games against strong opponents from getting out of reach early, and Bama was like a knife thru warm butter from the opening kickoff. I legitimately thought they could score on every possession. Similar story vs Clemson, UNC (gave up 550 rushing yrds, FBS record) , Wisconsin (twice), NC State, much of OKST, even FIU...FIU!

CMR hired Diaz as DC and LB position coach. He was branded as a brilliant up-and-coming defensive mind. Yet I see no evidence his defenses will ever succeed against quality opponents, and his failure with the LB unit has been heavily discussed. He's had authority over the defense since 2016, hired, then fired, Baker (Mini-Me), but what has changed? Even the fundamentals are lacking--this is the worst tackling team I've seen in a Canes uniform since I started watching in the 80s.

Diaz has valuable ties to Miami, and he makes strong executive moves in the off-season, but he lack core qualities you'd expect from a head coach. All the consultants, chiefs of staff, and advisors in the world won't make up for the reality that his foundational knowledge/experience is limited.

IMO, any hope for him to get this program to the next level requires he have a rockstar staff with full autonomy to make decisions, starting with a top-10 defensive coordinator. He then needs to put every resource the school will give him into talent evaluation, recruiting, and player development. He just can't fake it anymore. The gimmicks and gadgets have gone from energizing to embarrassing. Enough with the yachts, chains, rings, slip 'n slides, and Al Golden coach-speak with selective statistics. On to APP State!

Advertisement
A homegrown kid that already graduated is getting benched because of senior preference?

Amari played over Frierson because Amari is more physical than Frierson and they were worried about Alabama's physicality. Right or wrong, that was the thought process. If Frierson stays focused and doesn't let his work ethic slip (like he did in spring), I would expect him to be more of a factor over the course of the season.
Carter was so physical he was getting stoned on those blitzes by RBs.

Advertisement
Back