Sam Bruce......

These kids are ridiculous. I'm not letting our staff off for anything, but I think these kids are behaving like clowns. Where are their coaches? Parents? If I tweeted anything like what these kids say I would have been running gassers for days and suspended for at least a series or a quarter. SMH.

You're not going to fix the kids and those around them. What you can fix is your approach to dealing with them. That's what UM needs to do--come up with a better way of dealing with the local recruiting scene instead of blaming kids for being divas or having contentious relationships with schools, HS coaches and "handlers".

Great post. Things get worse and worse every year with "mentors", handlers, HS coaches, and now 7on7 (AAU for football). Miami has to find a way to get involved, get everyone excited about staying home again. Winning would help the most.

Advertisement
These kids are ridiculous. I'm not letting our staff off for anything, but I think these kids are behaving like clowns. Where are their coaches? Parents? If I tweeted anything like what these kids say I would have been running gassers for days and suspended for at least a series or a quarter. SMH.

You're not going to fix the kids and those around them. What you can fix is your approach to dealing with them. That's what UM needs to do--come up with a better way of dealing with the local recruiting scene instead of blaming kids for being divas or having contentious relationships with schools, HS coaches and "handlers".

Great post. Things get worse and worse every year with "mentors", handlers, HS coaches, and now 7on7 (AAU for football). Miami has to find a way to get involved, get everyone excited about staying home again. Winning would help the most.

But you just highlighted why its getting HARDER for us to recruit So Fla. Dont forget UM is CURRENTLY on probation and will be for the next few years. The NCAA has been breathing down our neck for 3 years. The media has been all over us. Im sure Shalala has AG on a short leash w/r/t any potential recruiting issues or other issues in the program. In order to play on a level playing field in So Fla recruiting, UM has got to get back in the muck with all these shady characters, mentors, street agents, advisors, etc.... and right now, it looks like they are trying to avoid doing so, and its probably going to cause some issues in recruiting So Fla.

@SJB_6: @Tee_Time24 they took forever to offer you, and then they be wondering why nobody wanna go there.

@SJB_6: Miami be trying the big time SoFlo athletes!

He telling the truth though..........

Sorry, but that's just absolute childish nonsense. Some of these "young men" act more like 8 year old kids. The timing of an offer, especially when it comes to a kid still more than a year removed from signing day, is irrelevant to anyone using any sense of logic or maturity.

What a shock! A 16 year old kid acting childishly. Alert the local news!

UM has got to get back in the muck with all these shady characters, mentors, street agents, advisors, etc.....

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign?

Sounds almost funny, but its bad, and has gotten much worse. I read recently where I think it was the dude who founded 7v7 or founded SFE was decrying how out of control and sleazy its all gotten. He almost sounded like he regretted having started it all after what its become.

Advertisement
smh. these so fla divas are out of hand. Its Jan 24th . You will not be signing a LOI until Feb 2015. GTFOH with that BS.

5 Star CB with a Sean Taylor background on his twitter page and he's less than 45 minutes away.....No way the staff should be expected to get on this kid faster than powers like Wake Forest and Rutgers!

I have a Sean Taylor desktop backround. Should I hit up Coach Al?

Coaches offer kids when they feel like they want to offer them.

This kid supposedly camped here, and was a pain the in @ss. Clashed with the staff, talked sh*t about the camp, whined about doing drills, and Ive read a number of places that he wasnt nearly as impressive as he thinks he is. Number of people have said he is much smaller and slower than listed. Maybe the staff just wasnt sold on him, just like Quincy, and wasnt ready to pull the trigger on an offer until they saw more of him. Or at least until they can sit down with the kid and see if he had any real interest.

To me, this is like the Treon thing. Im not sweating it. Its not like the staff doesnt know who these kids are. They do. They have seen many of them and have been watching them for a long time. They have obviously made early offers to kids they feel are worth it, so if a local kid like this DIDNt get one before, the staff had its reasons. They have to trust their evaluations, not just what some recruiting website says the kid is (4 star/5 star/whatever).

If this is true, perhaps we should hope he goes to FSU, maybe even encourage him. Kids like this tear the program apart. They're cancers in the program. We didn't win championships with kids like this.

Advertisement
When you win, recruits will wait on you.

When you are mediocre, you better be on your ******* game.

Simple as that.

We can disagree with it and people can ***** about a new generation of self-entitled kids all they want, or call them south Fla divas, but the bottom line is that this is now the game down here.

And this is our main recruiting ground. It's the best in the country. So either the staff starts playing the game or a new one will be in here soon enough.

There is no "game". The "game" is we aren't very good on the field right now, can't pay and it's hurting us. "When" we are offering these kids is totally irrelevant (when we are talking a year out).

From an outsiders perspective, it's a blood bath down in SFL against UM right now. A pack of jackals. The only way IMO Golden can pull out of the cesspool is to WIN. If he can't WIN big then the chatter and hate will continue and it will sink him.

SFL recruiting is going to be a HUGE problem for any coach from this point forward IMO. That is why if Golden can't handle it, we need to hire a true X's & O's genius that can win on the field now (Petrino like). Kids will commit to a winning program @ UM. I honestly think Golden is a really good recruiter but SFL community is eating him alive.

Last edited:

I agree with this to an extent. The biggest problem Golden is having in the recruiting game right now is the on field product. If he can turn that around, he'll be fine.

Put me in the category of thinking he's a really good recruiter. The problem is he's going into year 4 with an average on field product and the luster is lost. I don't care how good of a recruiter you are, when FSU is national champs and you are 9-4, with an unexciting defense, you're going to get beat in the recruiting game.

Advertisement
I think the board is overreacting here. Yes Golden has had to deal with sanctions but the recruits and community don't want to hear that. What they see is that it is going into year 4 and Golden has proven to be an average coach and he needs to show more next year. Imo this was bound to happen with the current results on the field its just happening sooner after the PSU fiasco and not firing or making changes with the defensive staff.

Get on Golden for offering Skai Moore the day of NSD. That is fair.

But a year in advance? That's offensive now?

When everyone else has offered a 5 star kid in your backyard then yes that is offensive. Its a **** verbal offer, just throw it out there just to help build the relationship. The other way around seems counter-productive but that's just me.

I agree with this to an extent. The biggest problem Golden is having in the recruiting game right now is the on field product. If he can turn that around, he'll be fine.

Put me in the category of thinking he's a really good recruiter. The problem is he's going into year 4 with an average on field product and the luster is lost. I don't care how good of a recruiter you are, when FSU is national champs and you are 9-4, with an unexciting defense, you're going to get beat in the recruiting game.

Catch 22 for him because he'll never win big until he kills it dead in recruiting because he and his staff are corches. That's why I said he needs to get better at playing the game down here because he's not going to win big and start attracting the top recruits that way.

Advertisement
Coaches offer kids when they feel like they want to offer them.

This kid supposedly camped here, and was a pain the in @ss. Clashed with the staff, talked sh*t about the camp, whined about doing drills, and Ive read a number of places that he wasnt nearly as impressive as he thinks he is. Number of people have said he is much smaller and slower than listed. Maybe the staff just wasnt sold on him, just like Quincy, and wasnt ready to pull the trigger on an offer until they saw more of him. Or at least until they can sit down with the kid and see if he had any real interest.

To me, this is like the Treon thing. Im not sweating it. Its not like the staff doesnt know who these kids are. They do. They have seen many of them and have been watching them for a long time. They have obviously made early offers to kids they feel are worth it, so if a local kid like this DIDNt get one before, the staff had its reasons. They have to trust their evaluations, not just what some recruiting website says the kid is (4 star/5 star/whatever).

If this is true, perhaps we should hope he goes to FSU, maybe even encourage him. Kids like this tear the program apart. They're cancers in the program. We didn't win championships with kids like this.

cane4life way to exaggerate the **** story. Don't believe everything you read. And I would like to know where you read that he clashed with the staff. What to know what happened? He thought the camp was too long. Many recruits thought the same **** thing. Why do you think a lot of the upper echelon recruits don't compete till after lunch? Because they don't want to go through all the drills. Only difference between those kids and tmac is Tmac tweeted about it. He wouldn't have tweeted about the length of the camp if he got offered. He liked the 'canes and had garnered offers from LSU, Clemson, and ND. So when his hometown school didn't offer him he was ****ed off. He (and others) thought his performance at the camp was good enough for an offer. Mayes and turner were able to get offers at DB after their camp performance. Clashed with the staff? Lol. All the kid did was tweet. Was he acting entitled? To an extent yes. But thats how modern day recruits act. You can't expect all recruits to go about their recruitment like professionals. If he could back he wouldnt make those tweets.

I think tmac is a nice prospect but I still stand by my statement that he's overrated. At corner he did not produce as much as I would've liked to see. Carter and Juwan both had better seasons in the same back 4. He is an athletic kid with a load of potential and if he makes the move to safety at the next level it will benefit him in the long run $$$. McFadden is not afraid to tackle either.

UM has got to get back in the muck with all these shady characters, mentors, street agents, advisors, etc.....

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign?

Sounds almost funny, but its bad, and has gotten much worse. I read recently where I think it was the dude who founded 7v7 or founded SFE was decrying how out of control and sleazy its all gotten. He almost sounded like he regretted having started it all after what its become.

that coach from SFE is one of the biggest runners down here. Brett Goetz

Advertisement
Back