Sam Bruce......

Bruce has a point. part of the homefield advantage Miami is supposed to have is finding, offering, and recruiting studs first. nobody has access to these South florida kids like miami has. part of the reason we got kayaa is b/c we were on him before the local schools. they ****ed up n we took advantage. its not like mcfadden camped yesterday or something. what changed from his junior season til today that he gets an offer. and anybody saying he's a 2015 kid why does he need an offer now has clearly not been following recruiting recently. **** sam bruce jr has had an offer since his freshman or sophomore year

Advertisement
Lose- lose situation...

Offer them early they go elsewhere it's goldens fault

Offer late they get offended still don't come and it's goldens fault

Games being played in S fla that Miami can't play right now or else...

LULZ at lose-lose situation. It's only a lose-lose situation if you're a loser. Here's a novel idea: Offer early and get the recruit to come to UM. Win-win situation.

Lol ok.....how'd that work out for Sony?

You're defending a stupid point. There's zero benefit in offering local studs late

No I'm making fun of posters on here is what I'm doing....how many other schools have offered a kid late and got them. Plenty have...

Yet we have been on a ton of kids early and got crapped on in the end. So what's the point of offering super early. There no prize in offering first

But, they're in OUR backyard. There no excuse to offer local kids after FSU, Bama, OSU...

didn't realize getting a full ride to a school is disrespectful, regardless of the school. some of these kids…wow

Bruce has a point. part of the homefield advantage Miami is supposed to have is finding, offering, and recruiting studs first. nobody has access to these South florida kids like miami has.

Any recruit worth his weight is well known by his freshman/sophomore season. Where is the line drawn? Do we offer after their first year in Optimist? This is the most highly recruited area in the country. Young kids get noticed when coaches are recruiting their teammates. Add recruiting sites (or Hudl) to the mix & there is no real advantage.

Coaches offer kids when they feel like they want to offer them.

This kid supposedly camped here, and was a pain the in @ss. Clashed with the staff, talked sh*t about the camp, whined about doing drills, and Ive read a number of places that he wasnt nearly as impressive as he thinks he is. Number of people have said he is much smaller and slower than listed. Maybe the staff just wasnt sold on him, just like Quincy, and wasnt ready to pull the trigger on an offer until they saw more of him. Or at least until they can sit down with the kid and see if he had any real interest.

To me, this is like the Treon thing. Im not sweating it. Its not like the staff doesnt know who these kids are. They do. They have seen many of them and have been watching them for a long time. They have obviously made early offers to kids they feel are worth it, so if a local kid like this DIDNt get one before, the staff had its reasons. They have to trust their evaluations, not just what some recruiting website says the kid is (4 star/5 star/whatever).

Advertisement
Local kids wanna know why other big programs are offering but the hometown team isn't.

Pretty simple. OOS programs shouldn't have the jump on us for kids down here. We should have these offers going out before anyone else.

If they don't wanna play the game go back to Temple.

Same kid who painted his room Orange and Green. Front runner. Best part was him bashing UM and TMac not really understanding why and hesitant to say anything bad.

Local kids wanna know why other big programs are offering but the hometown team isn't.

Pretty simple. OOS programs shouldn't have the jump on us for kids down here. We should have these offers going out before anyone else.

OOS programs can turn around and yank an offer, cut a kid loose, slow play him, grey shirt him, or do any number of other things if they land bigger fish. We send out very early offers to OOS kids too. Go look it up. The difference is, and I thought everyone here agreed with this, you dont sh*t where you eat. You cant offer a local kid, and then ***** him over later because you offered him too soon. So they seem to be taking their time with some kids they are not sure about. They offer PLENTY of local kids early that they feel good about. Other kids they are obviously not sold on.

The difference is, and I thought everyone here agreed with this, you dont sh*t where you eat. You cant offer a local kid, and then ***** him over later because you offered him too soon.

"Good point."
- Dennis Turner

"Yeah, bro, I agree."
-Alin Edouard

Advertisement

Actually I think it's the opposite.

While we should know more about the local kids, I think OOS teams (to be competitive) need to get on these kids more to make a difference. How else can OOS teams that don't routinely drop by and are not staples in the community (i.e. hometown pressure) make a difference in recruitment? Offer early, send mail/phone calls/texts and hope this makes a greater difference.

Either way we need to offer the kids early because this is what recruiting has become.

Get on Golden for offering Skai Moore the day of NSD. That is fair.

But a year in advance? That's offensive now?

***** ridiculous. It ain't isolated to Miami either. I forgot what thread I touched on it in but schools like Texas have ruined recruiting for everybody else. They know **** near every kid in Texas wants to go there so they're offering kids in 7th and 8th grade and locking dudes up 5 years in advance.

It used to be where kids got offered in their junior year as standard practice since that is when you could give an official offer. Now some kids are getting verbal offers in 7th grade so when a school offers them after their junior year it's seen as 'disrespectful.' I hate recruiting more every year. I don't follow that **** nearly as much as I used to. Use to be a year round thing for me now I pick up around December or so before signing day. **** these ****** man.

WAIT TILL THESE DIVAS FLAME OUT AND HAVE PUT THEIR BIG BOY PANTS AND GO CLOCK IN TO WORK EVERYDAY
#PUSSYASS******
TRENDING TO THE MOON

Advertisement

The difference is, and I thought everyone here agreed with this, you dont sh*t where you eat. You cant offer a local kid, and then ***** him over later because you offered him too soon.

"Good point."
- Dennis Turner

"Yeah, bro, I agree."
-Alin Edouard

We have NO idea what went on with Turner. As for Edouard, there at least was SOME reason for it. He was recruited by our LAST QB Coach/OC, and the new one obviously wasnt a big fan. We NEVER pulled his ship, but he clearly got the message from Coley that he wasnt really what Coley wanted in a QB, so the kid moved on. This happens when there are staff changes sometimes. We still didnt pull his ship. In fact, officially UM reiterated that they were honoring his offer, but they paid no attention to him, and went after the QBs Coley REALLY wanted, and Edouard got the message.

Not pretty, but there was at least some rationale there where they can argue, "our new OC has a bit of a different offensive philosophy and wanted to go in a different direction". The Edouard thing hasnt had significant blowback on us. In contrast, look at the circus last year when we tried to pull Kirkland's ship when they found out he was playing games.....

That's a perfect example of the danger Im talking about.

Schnelly and Jimmy saturated the area with assistant coaches to recruit and get the jump on the locals. Know the who's who before the other schools have a chance to do so and cherry pick. This current staff is doing **** backwards. Offer the kids early. Watch them develop, and then go after the ones you really want. All parties are happy on the end.

But when a local stud has offers from Bama LSU FSU auburn Clemson Ohio state UF before he recieves an offer from his hometown, he won't take UM seriously. This **** ain't rocket science. The staff over analyzes many of these kids.

Teams like UL took left over types from down here and built a power on defense. Tier 1 are the obvious studs who get 30 plus offers, but getting tier 2 type kids are just as important considering they are still better then the rest of nation.

We can disagree with it and people can ***** about a new generation of self-entitled kids all they want, or call them south Fla divas, but the bottom line is that this is now the game down here.

And this is our main recruiting ground. It's the best in the country. So either the staff starts playing the game or a new one will be in here soon enough.

Advertisement

"Good point."
- Dennis Turner

"Yeah, bro, I agree."
-Alin Edouard

"For real. Don't leave me outta the party!!"
-Travis Johnson

Same old stuff with some of you guys. Living in the past. FYI, stuff has changed since Jimmy was here. Diva kids and SFLA coaches have become entitled to a ridiculous point. If these cats want to disrespect the U with all this noise, then we dont need em.

"Good point."
- Dennis Turner

"Yeah, bro, I agree."
-Alin Edouard

But the Herald said that Turner "picked" FIU over Miami. They wouldn't lie to us, would they?

Advertisement
Back