Sam Bruce......

Schnelly and Jimmy saturated the area with assistant coaches to recruit and get the jump on the locals. Know the who's who before the other schools have a chance to do so and cherry pick. This current staff is doing **** backwards. Offer the kids early. Watch them develop, and then go after the ones you really want. All parties are happy on the end.

But when a local stud has offers from Bama LSU FSU auburn Clemson Ohio state UF before he recieves an offer from his hometown, he won't take UM seriously. This **** ain't rocket science. The staff over analyzes many of these kids.

Teams like UL took left over types from down here and built a power on defense. Tier 1 are the obvious studs who get 30 plus offers, but getting tier 2 type kids are just as important considering they are still better then the rest of nation.

No offense..But this is just dumb and this is where I draw the line. First off, NOBODY..I mean...NOBODY..gets a jump on kids earlier then Al Golden. Ive said this MANY times..WHO THE ***** KNEW WHO ALEX COLLINS WAS BEFORE WE OFFERED HIM AND HE COMMITTED TO US? AL was on that guy FIRST. Then he blows up and BOOM everyone in the country wants him. What about Travis Rudolph?? BOOM! Al was on him first. Now he is the #1 WR in the country on some sites. The guy knows how to find talent.

Now I am not defending Al because personally he is still on my "F U" list for that **** he pulled this offseason. No. I havent forgiven him yet. But dont just make **** up. Al aint stupid. Nobody is gonna come into SoFla and offer a kid that Al doesnt know about. He didnt offer QW and WE ALL clowned QW after he got his a$$ roasted by those BTW WRs and we all said, "Al was right! He cant play CB after all!"

We all said that TMcFadden was OVERRATED and KMcFadden was better. Now you guys are jumping on TMac bandwagon?? Skai Moore was a casualty of war. Al phucked that one up. Not offering Treon Harris but offering Malik Rosier was absolutely stupid. NOBODY thinks THarris can be a legit D1 QB BUT he shouldnt have offered a guy with his same skillset OUT OF THE STATE and not offered THarris. AND THEN embarass himself AND THE U by offering him two weeks ago. Horrible call.

Recruiting isnt perfect. We all WISH that Jimmy and Butch were perfect but they were not. They phucked up too. Butch letting Elvis Dumervil, Torrie Cox and Antonio Bryant slip through his fingers is unforgivable. If that had happened in this era we would have been saying the same thing about Butch.

And Lastly, I refuse to believe anyone outworks Al. The guy is doing everything in his power to save this class. I doubt he is even THINKING about 2015 because he has to find a way to finish strong THIS YEAR. And for all that **** Sam Bruce is talking isnt his a$$ going to Junior Day?? Lol. Sounds like just some twitter BS that we grown men have taken out of context.

Advertisement
These kids are ridiculous. I'm not letting our staff off for anything, but I think these kids are behaving like clowns. Where are their coaches? Parents? If I tweeted anything like what these kids say I would have been running gassers for days and suspended for at least a series or a quarter. SMH.

We can disagree with it and people can **** about a new generation of self-entitled kids all they want, or call them south Fla divas, but the bottom line is that this is now the game down here.

And this is our main recruiting ground. It's the best in the country. So either the staff starts playing the game or a new one will be in here soon enough.

I actually think it is more of the way society is heading towards today. "I WANT RESULTS NOW" is the motto. I just think in SF this motto is a little more widespread.

Bruce has a point. part of the homefield advantage Miami is supposed to have is finding, offering, and recruiting studs first. nobody has access to these South florida kids like miami has.

Any recruit worth his weight is well known by his freshman/sophomore season. Where is the line drawn? Do we offer after their first year in Optimist? This is the most highly recruited area in the country. Young kids get noticed when coaches are recruiting their teammates. Add recruiting sites (or Hudl) to the mix & there is no real advantage.

if u really feel like their is no advantage from watching a kids highlights on hudl and miami coaches being able to drive 15-20mins and see the kids play live then I don't have anything else to discuss with you

These kids are ridiculous. I'm not letting our staff off for anything, but I think these kids are behaving like clowns. Where are their coaches? Parents? If I tweeted anything like what these kids say I would have been running gassers for days and suspended for at least a series or a quarter. SMH.

I am wondering that myself.

Advertisement
You guys are such hypocrites.

I don't think you all realize how stupid you all sound.

You can't call somebody a diva when you all are the ones pandering to the person and getting rustled over every single tweet or statement they make.

You can't get on here begging and wishing for certain kids to come to UM, and then label them a diva because they don't want to come here.

It's the equivalent of going up to a girl and asking her out and then saying "I didn't want you, you're ugly anyway" after she rejects you.

Newsflash....these kids can't be divas if you all stop caring and stop giving them all this attention. IT is impossible for someone to be a diva is nobody is giving them attention.

Last edited:
smh. these so fla divas are out of hand. Its Jan 24th . You will not be signing a LOI until Feb 2015. GTFOH with that BS.

Yeah. I guess we're expecting too much out of the staff. It's not like FSU, UCF, Rutgers, etc didn't all offer him months ago.

I mean surely we can't be expected to recognize talent in our own backyard as quickly as Rutgers can.

5 Star CB with a Sean Taylor background on his twitter page and he's less than 45 minutes away.....No way the staff should be expected to get on this kid faster than powers like Wake Forest and Rutgers!

And when he ends up at FSU, i'm sure we'll all kill him even though they just simply showed him more love than we did and earlier too. And i'm sure we'll blame street agents, or "his coach hates UM", or he got paid, or he just wanted to get away, or some other excuse but it certainly won't be because Golden got out-recruited.

17 and 18 yr old kids hold grudges. Especially South Florida kids. They remember things like who was the first school to offer them, and who waited for a long time to offer.

So despite all you folks on here shouting "He's just a sophomore" or "he's just a junior" like it doesn't matter....it does. And it doesn't matter that UF may or may not wait to offer them because they aren't the hometown school...we are. It means more.

This is how every south florida kid feels when UM takes their time to offer them after a bunch of other schools have started to...

[video=youtube;sdpJ_cQlMnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpJ_cQlMnk[/video]

Last edited:
University School still produces the biggest bunch of ******* in Broward County....

Was true even before they had a football team. The only thing keeping most of the kids I grew up with (circa 1995) from being homeless are their rich daddies. Spoiled f++ks.

5 Star CB with a Sean Taylor background on his twitter page and he's less than 45 minutes away.....No way the staff should be expected to get on this kid faster than powers like Wake Forest and Rutgers!
Da fuq this have to do with UM extending a scholarship offer to him? Lol...dude has ST26 on his Twitter background...zomg...we has to offer him immediately guysm!!!

Advertisement
**** has changed in recruiting over the years. The "offer" is one of the bigger annoyances. I swear most of these kids just want an offer so they can do the "Just got offered by /insert school/ #blessed #/insert school slogan /praying hands emoji/" tweet.

This isn't just a South Florida thing either. I've been following recruiting for a long time, and between the kiss *** "analysts" and the soft shouldered attention seeking kids, I'm kinda tired of it all.

i second this.

schools should offer to kids that they see fit in their plans (as in the kid is also very much interested) so they don't waste time trying to recruit someone who was never going to come to your school.

But for some strange reason not getting an offer is a sing of disrespect now?

recruiting rules needs to change and they need to be very similar to college application process with a twist

i propose.

1. recruits must apply to any school they want to be considered for an offer
2. recruits can only apply to 10 schools. and only be able to add an additional 2 more schools after.
3. at some point the recruit must make his choices from 1-10 and the schools have the option to decline.

so if recruit Bob picks

Miami, FSU, UF, Alabama, Miami Dade Community College

Miami sais pass. FSU is next up to accept because they are next in the list provided by the kid.

cut all the BS, the drama and save the schools loads of money, time and games.

Da fuq this have to do with UM extending a scholarship offer to him? Lol...dude has ST26 on his Twitter background...zomg...we has to offer him immediately guysm!!!

Way to take the most insignificant part of the entire post and miss the entire premise. ******* idiot.

Way to take the most insignificant part of the entire post and miss the entire premise. ******* idiot.
No, I got the premise, and even halfway agree. Just pointing out how dumb you were for including what's on a kid's Twitter background, and how it should be an indicator that we should offer them.

Lose- lose situation...

Offer them early they go elsewhere it's goldens fault

Offer late they get offended still don't come and it's goldens fault

Games being played in S fla that Miami can't play right now or else...

LULZ at lose-lose situation. It's only a lose-lose situation if you're a loser. Here's a novel idea: Offer early and get the recruit to come to UM. Win-win situation.

Lol ok.....how'd that work out for Sony?

You can't be as dim as this feeble posts indicates you are can you? They offered Sony early, but they failed in the second part of the equation--they didn't close the deal. Offer early AND close. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive. Get your expectations up, son!

Advertisement

You're not going to fix the kids and those around them. What you can fix is your approach to dealing with them. That's what UM needs to do--come up with a better way of dealing with the local recruiting scene instead of blaming kids for being divas or having contentious relationships with schools, HS coaches and "handlers".

You're not going to fix the kids and those around them. What you can fix is your approach to dealing with them. That's what UM needs to do--come up with a better way of dealing with the local recruiting scene instead of blaming kids for being divas or having contentious relationships with schools, HS coaches and "handlers".

I agree. They need to play the game.

Advertisement
Miami needs to get the pimp hand back in recruiting.

for that we need to win. BIG. NOW.

if u really feel like their is no advantage from watching a kids highlights on hudl and miami coaches being able to drive 15-20mins and see the kids play live then I don't have anything else to discuss with you

Of course watching a kid in person is preferable but don't act like our staff would be the only coaches there. Half these schools keep someone on their staff in Miami 24/7. I guess techincally Al does have the advantage of sleeping in his own bed at night.. but then again, those coaches have real stadiums, fans & could admit a potato into their university.

This is actually very well said.. Spot on.
438.gif

@SJB_6: @Tee_Time24 they took forever to offer you, and then they be wondering why nobody wanna go there.

@SJB_6: Miami be trying the big time SoFlo athletes!

He telling the truth though..........

Sorry, but that's just absolute childish nonsense. Some of these "young men" act more like 8 year old kids. The timing of an offer, especially when it comes to a kid still more than a year removed from signing day, is irrelevant to anyone using any sense of logic or maturity.

Advertisement
Back