Sam Bruce may come this weekend?

Cris Carter still has ties to STA. His son Duron went to school there and Cris Carter was helping them out on the staff iirc for a couple years. He's been said to have "helped" kids to OSU on a few occasions. It's no coincidence that a lot of their kids go to OSU instead of one of the big 3

Did not mean to down vote. Carter is no friend here.

Advertisement
Maybe he isn't playing games and the staff knows where they stand? Ever consider that?

Maybe he IS playing games.

Ever consider that?

Sure, but the odds that the staff knows more than some couch potato like yourself are pretty darn good. So get off your soapbox, sit back, and see what happens.

You'd pull his offer, too funny.

Then again, the odds that a toothless pole puffer may not know as much as he portends - are significant. So take a break, squeeze off a mind-clearing steamer, and lose about forty pounds in less than two minutes.

Oh, I don't pretend to know anything, but you most certainly do. You're so in the know (chuckle) that you would pull his offer.

Just yesterday we had a coach visit him and the picture is out there to view. Still, you'd pull his offer.

Richt is meeting with him this upcoming week after rescheduling from yesterday. Still, you'd pull his offer.

See, there's a reoccurring theme here, but you'd pull his offer.

Stick to your guns though, in some imaginary world your offer to him is pulled. Funny stuff, real funny.

If I'm Richt, I'm already behind the eight ball this recruiting season - and would be proud of the commits we already have.

But I wouldn't have time for a bunch of candyass game playing where someone is supposedly committed - none of the others have been playing coy.

I'd tell him I need to know - for certain - right now - as I have to fill certain slots, and tell him"we'd love to have you at UM, but if you're not in, you're out."

Maybe he did tell Richt that. I don't know, but the signals are mixed, and based on the signals, I don't trust him - based entirely on behavior.

And you're dead-nuts-on, if I got a vibe he's playing games, I'd most certainly pull his offer. I much rather have a three star dying to bust his butt to play at UM than a five-star who is going to half-*** the deal. In fact, we've actually seen that happen at UM.

Maybe he IS playing games.

Ever consider that?

Sure, but the odds that the staff knows more than some couch potato like yourself are pretty darn good. So get off your soapbox, sit back, and see what happens.

You'd pull his offer, too funny.

Then again, the odds that a toothless pole puffer may not know as much as he portends - are significant. So take a break, squeeze off a mind-clearing steamer, and lose about forty pounds in less than two minutes.

Oh, I don't pretend to know anything, but you most certainly do. You're so in the know (chuckle) that you would pull his offer.

Just yesterday we had a coach visit him and the picture is out there to view. Still, you'd pull his offer.

Richt is meeting with him this upcoming week after rescheduling from yesterday. Still, you'd pull his offer.

See, there's a reoccurring theme here, but you'd pull his offer.

Stick to your guns though, in some imaginary world your offer to him is pulled. Funny stuff, real funny.

If I'm Richt, I'm already behind the eight ball this recruiting season - and would be proud of the commits we already have.

But I wouldn't have time for a bunch of candyass game playing where someone is supposedly committed - none of the others have been playing coy.

I'd tell him I need to know - for certain - right now - as I have to fill certain slots, and tell him"we'd love to have you at UM, but if you're not in, you're out."

Maybe he did tell Richt that. I don't know, but the signals are mixed, and based on the signals, I don't trust him - based entirely on behavior.

And you're dead-nuts-on, if I got a vibe he's playing games, I'd most certainly pull his offer. I much rather have a three star dying to bust his butt to play at UM than a five-star who is going to half-*** the deal. In fact, we've actually seen that happen at UM.

See, I can live with that and just disagreed with what you were saying earlier. Perhaps it was your presentation, who knows. For all we know, he's given his word he'll be here and told them he just wants to enjoy trips or whatever. They've been here before plenty of times, at least Richt has and he knows what to do. That doesn't mean he doesn't occasionally get burned, it happens to everyone and may in this case. We simply don't know.

Advertisement
These last 2 posters crack me up yea keep telling yourselves that

lol. What...you want to sit there waiting on bended knee, praying desperately for this kid to pick your team's hat on LOI day? You want to sit around like a helpless little **** while he plays the shell game with the hats???

No thanks. **** that. We don't need to do that shi* no more. The ONLY POSSIBLE exception to this rule is a program changer at QB or DT (maybe DB as well). But Florida is ***king crawling with WR prospects. Crawling with them. Miami's signing day class won't hinge on Sam ***king Bruce.

I'll repeat this for the retards in the back: I'll GLADLY take Bruce if he wants to come. I'd welcome him with open arms. Dude is obviously talented as ****.

But if he's just trolling us, then **** it. Tell him to kick rocks and go to your Plan B. Don't be whining and crying on LOI day when Bruce does the hat game and flings the Miami one off the table.

Last edited:
The expectation for the last year plus was "he gone". Call it emotional baggage - Beard, Scarlett, etc...but some people are over him. Doesn't mean he isn't a great recruit. Doesn't mean we don't want him to stick. Not gonna bad talk him, but if he flips, it won't be a signing day shocker.

Such is recruiting.

These last 2 posters crack me up yea keep telling yourselves that

lol. What...you want to sit there waiting on bended knee, praying desperately for this kid to pick your team's hat on LOI day? You want to sit around like a helpless little **** while he plays the shell game with the hats???

No thanks. **** that. We don't need to do that shi* no more. The ONLY POSSIBLE exception to this rule is a program changer at QB or DT (maybe DB as well). But Florida is ***king crawling with WR prospects. Crawling with them. Miami's signing day class won't hinge on Sam ***king Bruce.

I'll repeat this for the retards in the back: I'll GLADLY take Bruce if he wants to come. I'd welcome him with open arms. Dude is obviously talented as ****.

But if he's just trolling us, then **** it. Tell him to kick rocks and go to your Plan B. Don't be whining and crying on LOI day when Bruce does the hat game and flings the Miami one off the table.

lmao man you rustled all because canesport posted some BS and yall saying he aint nothing lmao yall rustled as ****, its canesport bro chill out lmao

Advertisement
This would be the biggest troll of all time

That Scarlett one was brutal last year.

I don't think anything tops that.

- Committed here when nobody else thought he'd come.
- Stayed through the whole process (no visits or even a hint of it)
- After the dead period is over, he visits.
- HE SOLIDIFIES his commitment.
- Two weeks later, kid drops out of the class and goes to the Gata's.

That's a some long-term, grand plan type troll

Alex Collins before that.

Seems to be one every year. Patrick Johnson/BigConch was the worst I remember.
Smart money was on him not coming here, most people following his recruitment knew he didn't really want to be in miami

Are these drama queens as prevalent anywhere else in the country? This dude changes his story more than a perp on First 48. If he'd rather play for Folden/Coley/Beard than Richt/Dugans then I question his ability to make good decisions moving forward.

**** is just straight up disrespectful. So you cancelled a visit with a Head Coach of a major D-1 Program (doesn't matter of it's UM or not) because you had some petty bull**** going on? Be a man and make time for him. Instead, you're gonna make him take a full day to devote "totally to you". Punk. ***** a red flag to me.

I just want to see these kids cancel their inhome visits with saban and urban

Advertisement
Sam Bruce and all those university school kids are all a bunch of pre madonnas if he doesn't come oh well we want true canes

Advertisement
No offense to Bruce but he isn't a program changing recruit, very good but not program changing. Recruits will follow Richt and I'm not worried at all, If Bruce committed to Golden but can't reassert his pledge to UM when the coaching upgrade is undeniable then he was just searching for a way out. With that being said, I traveled to 3 STA games last season and was impressed but I also went to 5 Wellington high games and Richards is far and away better. It's not even close, Bruce would be a great addition if he sticks but Richards is a must get.

Our last 3 coaches didn't know what a backup plan was. I think we end up with 4 studs even if Bruce decides to bolt. Richt is no newby to the recruiting game.

Richards is the more important recruit. Trust me boys. This is the player we should be stressing over

Advertisement
Back