Said it earlier and Walton > Barkley

Advertisement
4.64 is a pretty slow time for him, I think that’s what it seemed like he would run but he probably should have just run at pro day

4.64 is a pretty slow time for him, I think that’s what it seemed like he would run but he probably should have just run at pro day

I never thought Walton was fast but i was expecting between 4.55-4.6

Still a good player though.

I never thought Walton was fast but i was expecting between 4.55-4.6

Still a good player though.

Walton needs to excel in the short shuttle and catching the ball, that’s where he’s going to prove his worth and value.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know it's off-topic, but Orlando Brown only threw the bar up 14 times, and he's supposed to be one of the top 5 offensive linemen in the draft. WTF is up with that???
he does have really long arms - like 35" I think which are huge.
I think the average for OL with 35"+ arms is like 20 reps. so due to his arm length its not insanely bad. it is really bad tho.

But he's had an absolutely atrocious combine.
bench - 14....******* terrible, like worst of all ol
40 - 5.85s ....like one of slowest times ever. Rich Eisen might finally beat someone.
vert -19.5"....This is a joke. literally the only OL to not break 23"....anyone wanna guess who that person at 23" was?- mcdermott lol
broad - 6'10"....again. terrible. The next lowest is literally a full foot longer.

not running the 40 would look bad dude, thats not an option for him when hes trying to show everyone he can do everything and the injury wont factor in at all.

So Like I said, Barkley is more explosive and just a plain better athlete than ALL the recent top RB draft picks.
Anyone failing to see why he has so much potential is just being stupid.

like seriously there is no question Barkley is the best RB to come out in close to a decade. If you personally think maybe one of Zeke, Gurley, or LF are better than I wont fault you. But acting like Walton is even lose to the PROSPECT Barkley is is crazy.

Advertisement
How many 233 pound running back prospects have clocked an electronic 4.41 at the combine?
His official time was 4.40
fastest official for RB was 4.38 by a 5'8" 198lb RB. Barley is 35lbs heavier. thats insane.

as for other huge RBs to get that low of a time well theres the infamous Bo Jackson 40 time of 4.12 at 230lbs. which would probably be mid 4.2s to early 4.3s if it was at a combine like this. So Barkley is up there for sure.

combine that 40 time with the #1 bench, and #1 Vertical and you have easily the most athletic RB to come out in a while. If he puts up a sub 6.75s 3cone or 4.0s shuttle time thats just going to be crazy

Advertisement
All of this is great...but speed scores, even elite ones, do not translate to professional success.
You are absolutely correct but let's not try to spin this. What was said is that Walton and Barkley are two similar backs when that is farthest from the truth.

Just like in recruiting, the best testing players are most likely the best performing.

The one knock I do have on Barkey is that he takes alot of runs for losses & doesn’t really run like he weighs 233. Other then that he is the best RB prospect of my lifetime.

Pro Football Reference offered even more historical perspective: the website has combine data going back to 2000, and only one player can match or better Barkley’s output in the bench, vertical and 40 – tight end Vernon Davis, in 2006. Davis did 33 reps on bench, had a 42-inch vertical and a 4.38-second time in the 40.

His official time was 4.40
fastest official for RB was 4.38 by a 5'8" 198lb RB. Barley is 35lbs heavier. thats insane.

as for other huge RBs to get that low of a time well theres the infamous Bo Jackson 40 time of 4.12 at 230lbs. which would probably be mid 4.2s to early 4.3s if it was at a combine like this. So Barkley is up there for sure.

combine that 40 time with the #1 bench, and #1 Vertical and you have easily the most athletic RB to come out in a while. If he puts up a sub 6.75s 3cone or 4.0s shuttle time thats just going to be crazy
Dude is flying at his weight is incredible its why he is considered cant miss, at that size with that speed arm tackles wont do it. Thats the difference, guys like Walton slow down through arm tackles while guys like this run through em with giddy up to score its why hes projected so high and has a higher ceiling.

Advertisement
Back