Safeties

Advertisement
i

if i'm not mistaken he hasn't miss many tackles in a game.... and that problem is easy to fix.
his first start last season vs UNC he missed a few...

not good

dude has to make a change with his form or he doesn't need to be in the game.

Not the most helpful highlights to evaluate much of anything he’ll need to do here (other than closing speed), but USC people swear by his ability, apparently. Will wait and see.

Big fan of Smith and, of course, Hall. Someone needs to have a fantastic spring.
@LuCane Check out the highlight up towards the top of the first page. What I saw was a freak athlete. A man amongst boys. I agree with you that a Safety group of Carter, Hall, Bolden and K.Smith is too talented and athletic to be a weak link.

He’s an all timer in my book. Just played on horrific teams.
I love JJ as much as the next guy but u can’t make an arguement that he is one of the best defensive players ever at the U he isn’t even the best safety to the play at the U lol Sean Taylor and Ed Reed are light years ahead of him you could even argument Brandon Meriweather was on his level

Advertisement
I love JJ as much as the next guy but u can’t make an arguement that he is one of the best defensive players ever at the U he isn’t even the best safety to the play at the U lol Sean Taylor and Ed Reed are light years ahead of him you could even argument Brandon Meriweather was on his level

He’s a top 5 saftey at Miami. Legend.

Advertisement
All-American. Best player & heart & soul of a top 5 defense in the nation. Agree to disagree. Go Canes!
Anyone here that watched the guys I mentioned will tell you the same thing, JJ is a nice player but don’t compare him to our great safeties of all time. You might want to watch some of their action on the field and get back to me

Anyone here that watched the guys I mentioned will tell you the same thing, JJ is a nice player but don’t compare him to our great safeties of all time.

I watched them all. I’m entitled to my opinion. It’s really not that big of a deal lol

jaquan was considered a bust until midway of his junior year. he was awful in those first couple games as a junior.

he played well but he still took awful angles and missed tackles at times. i dont see him in the nfl.

I watched them all. I’m entitled to my opinion. It’s really not that big of a deal lol
No one said it is a big deal just a matter of discussion and you were on the wrong end of this discussion Also Gerald was our best defensive player and it wasn’t close. Joe was second best on that side

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Look...I absolutely Love JJ....Very Good player...But in No way in **** should he be mentioned in the same sentence as
Reed
Sean
Bennie
Marion..or
Burgess Owens.....And to be perfectly honest...I'd take Kenny Phillips & Ryan McNeill as atleast being as good...The Top 5 safeties are on another Level than JJ...
We think alike but I think Ryan was a corner. I really liked Daryl Williams, great safety

Look...I absolutely Love JJ....Very Good player...But in No way in **** should he be mentioned in the same sentence as
Reed
Sean
Bennie
Marion..or
Burgess Owens.....And to be perfectly honest...I'd take Kenny Phillips & Ryan McNeill as atleast being as good...The Top 5 safeties are on another Level than JJ...
I think your falling victim to “revisionist romantically” history . I’m just sticking to 2000-present. & given the fact that it has never been harder to play the safety position as it is in today game, U can’t merely dismiss quan...pop in the tape. Back to back years he was the best safety in college football. This year he was hurt too

Advertisement
Jaquan The last two years saved so many touchdowns and long plays with his run stopping ability even on special teams. Getting players lined up and controlling the D can`t be just replaced. Top 5 safety for us all time I promise you that

Dont know about top 5...
Reed
Taylor
Darryl Williams
Bennie Blades
Merriweather/Jaquan
K Phillips
Bush

I think your falling victim to “revisionist romantically” history . I’m just sticking to 2000-present. & given the fact that it has never been harder to play the safety position as it is in today game, U can’t merely dismiss quan...pop in the tape. Back to back years he was the best safety in college football. This year he was hurt too
I can merely dismiss him instantaneously against the likes of Blades...Reed...Taylor..Marion or Owens....Lol at falling victim....

I can merely dismiss him instantaneously against the likes of Blades...Reed...Taylor..Marion or Owens....Lol at falling victim....
Taylor and reed I give you..no doubt. But take in account how hard it is today to play that position..and I’m not saying quan is better than blades Owens or Marion. Different eras so I wouldn’t do that. I’m saying he belongs in the convo when you say the great lineage of safeties in the program

Taylor and reed I give you..no doubt. But take in account how hard it is today to play that position..and I’m not saying quan is better than blades Owens or Marion. Different eras so I wouldn’t do that. I’m saying he belongs in the convo when you say the great lineage of safeties in the program
You guys have no idea how good Bennie was, I don’t care about eras. I guess in your minds Ronnie Lott couldn’t play at a high level today. JJ had a nice career, just can’t be compared to the UM stars of the past, the players mentioned all made all pro multiple times and were game changers at UM. Bennie had it all

Advertisement
Back