Safeties

I think your falling victim to “revisionist romantically” history . I’m just sticking to 2000-present. & given the fact that it has never been harder to play the safety position as it is in today game, U can’t merely dismiss quan...pop in the tape. Back to back years he was the best safety in college football. This year he was hurt too
The “best safety in college football” usually is a top ten pick. Get serious

Advertisement
You guys have no idea how good Bennie was, I don’t care about eras. I guess in your minds Ronnie Lott couldn’t play at a high level today. JJ had a nice career, just can’t be compared to the UM stars of the past, the players mentioned all made all pro multiple times and were game changers at UM. Bennie had it all
I think quan can be a all pro safety. I don’t think that’s out of the question at all

Advertisement
Big reach. I hope he does well but he is not an all pro
Did you know Ed reed was a all pro when he came out? How about Eric weddle..not saying quan will be better than those two. But physically those are two comparison s that match. He also Probably will run in the 4.4s intangibles wise and IQ wise quan is in that similar mold. For a 5”10 195 guy quan will play down hill and play physical. Who ever takes him is getting a steal

Did you know Ed reed was a all pro when he came out? How about Eric weddle..not saying quan will be better than those two. But physically those are two comparison s that match. He also Probably will run in the 4.4s intangibles wise and IQ wise quan is in that similar mold. For a 5”10 195 guy quan will play down hill and play physical. Who ever takes him is getting a steal
I wish him well. Mark Stoops knew Ed was an All Pro, he told me so!

No one said it is a big deal just a matter of discussion and you were on the wrong end of this discussion Also Gerald was our best defensive player and it wasn’t close. Joe was second best on that side

Again, that’s purely opinion. When JJ went out you noticed it. Most instinctual player we’ve had in quite sometime.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jaquan will go 1st Rd..get serious
Nah. I became a keyboard scout around the same time I became a Canes fan. Trust me, Jaquan isnt going in the 1st. Not in a deep DL draft like this upcoming one. If he runs a 4.4 and comes in taller than 5'10 then all bets are off.

Advertisement
I love JJ as much as the next guy but u can’t make an arguement that he is one of the best defensive players ever at the U he isn’t even the best safety to the play at the U lol Sean Taylor and Ed Reed are light years ahead of him you could even argument Brandon Meriweather was on his level
BM19 in my opinion was a better safety than Jaquan. BM19 shared the secondary with all NFL players and did more than hold his on own weight at the U. All love to Jaquan as he is a Made Man in my book.

BM19 in my opinion was a better safety than Jaquan. BM19 shared the secondary with all NFL players and did more than hold his on own weight at the U. All love to Jaquan as he is a Made Man in my book.
Same thing with Jaquan, all the guys he played with this year in the secondary will be draft picks outside of dean and knowles

Same thing with Jaquan, all the guys he played with this year in the secondary will be draft picks outside of dean and knowles
Valid point that I cannot argue. Not sure where you stand on this but I believe JJ4 deserves praise for being a true cane and is a made man. I just don’t believe he’s an all time great safety at the U.

Not because he isn’t a great collegiate safety but because we’ve amazing safeties come before him.

Advertisement
Back