Safeties

I know we all love the big hits but Carter needs to just wrap up. It’s vital as a safety in our system to just get the guy on the ground. Carter could have saved that TD against FSU right before the half but he tried to lay a hit instead of wrapping up.

Advertisement
I know I'm being redundant, but I haven't been this excited about seeing a second year player get meaningful minutes since Sean Taylor was flashing on special teams as a true freshman.

Almost as excited about Lingard as well.

I didn’t mean to put down JJ it anyway. Was a great player for us and a great leader. What I am talking about is the upside of Bolden and Hall through through physically.

Maybe it was his hamstring this year but he seems to be a little slower and just missed someplace that maybe he would’ve made last year.

One example I can think of was against BC when he just missed that interception on the sideline and their players cottage to extend a drive.

Advertisement
Nah you seen him 2 or 3 times and trying to act like he is out there all the time.

Of course he wasnt out their all the time, when you got jaquan and redwine, no need, but the times he was out their, probably more than you realized, he had his man locked up with no problems, he wasnt always around the line of scrimmage as led to believe. I will say this, his coverage in space where he's facing a receiver hasnt been tested as much but his identify, turn and run coverage was on point this year with his opportunities. If he was weak in coverage several qb's we faced would've been looking for em.

Of course he wasnt out their all the time, when you got jaquan and redwine, no need, but the times he was out their, probably more than you realized, he had his man locked up with no problems, he wasnt always around the line of scrimmage as led to believe. I will say this, his coverage in space where he's facing a receiver hasnt been tested as much but his identify, turn and run coverage was on point this year with his opportunities. If he was weak in coverage several qb's we faced would've been looking for em.
the other dude is slow, don't even bother responding to him. There were plenty of times when Carter was covering TEs.

I know I'm being redundant, but I haven't been this excited about seeing a second year player get meaningful minutes since Sean Taylor was flashing on special teams as a true freshman.

Almost as excited about Lingard as well.
Sean came in on Nickle Situations as well in 01...

Advertisement
They havent done anything yet, but I will say I would be surprised if Hall is not better then all. The other 2 I dont know they can be but to me its almost as a lock that Hall will be a savage has elite closing speed for that position.

All of us were super worried about Quan + Red replacing Carter + Jenkins. They ended up being more impressive if anything (Willis, Jackson and Garvin had a lot to do with that). Comparisons over who’s better aside, I think this new set of safeties will play Miami level ball.

Not sure about that, but either way, we should have a very talented backfield. Don't like Bubba's highlights...to much time spent on warm-ups and BS.

Wtf are u talking about? We r talking about Bubba the safety not Bubba the kicker...Bolden is a day one starter and play maker. This was a tremendous get for us.

Advertisement
I really loved Jaquan Johnson as a Hurricane but I think that the talent of Gurvan Hall and Bubba Bolden (Amari Carter as well) is better. If these guys pick up the system so they can play fast watch out

Haven’t you heard, the back-ups and newcomers are always rated better.

the other dude is slow, don't even bother responding to him. There were plenty of times when Carter was covering TEs.

LoL, Thank you, cause i know i couldnt of been the only one seeing that man in tight coverage several times. Funny how some are already trying to annoint this bolden guy over carter a proven player. The main thing carter needs to improve on from what i saw is when he's playing back in space (minmum 10yrds out) is taking better angles when he comes up to make tackles in the run game, that's one area where jaquan was elite.

Advertisement
people act like JJ was perfect. JJ lacked the size, speed, but had the iq to overcome that, he also whiffed on some plays to. Carter has the size and speed, and has of rn we don't know if he has the iq. Multiple coaches and players on the team say Carter is very smart, and if he can translate to the field he will be better than JJ. And don't give me that he tries to go for the juggernaut hit, that can be easily fix as long as he is aware of it, which he is. Carter has the potential to be better, but as of right now we don't know.

Ok..but let’s not be so quick to anoint players who ain’t played a full season as a starter yet...

Wtf are u talking about? We r talking about Bubba the safety not Bubba the kicker...Bolden is a day one starter and play maker. This was a tremendous get for us.
**** you are dense! Did you read anything I posted? Did you watch the initial highlights that were posted by OP? How do you take what I said "...we should have a very talented backfield..." and turn that into something negative?

This is one the dumbest replies I've read in a long time.

Advertisement
Back