Sad win

Advertisement
Hate to say it but I agree with D Money. Manny’s fixed a few things but there’s still a lot of issues that seem to be never ending no matter who is in charge. He’s just not getting it done.
The biggest issue I see this far is the offense. Our defense (like most defenses) would benefit tremendously if we got out to a decent lead. App St scored 16 points offensively... unfortunately we only scored 23. Looking back at last season, our offense was setting the tone most games. One move I would like to see going forward is Jarrid Williams back at RT and Justice sliding inside to replace Donaldson. Jarrid Williams has to be one of the biggest mysteries right now.

The biggest issue I see this far is the offense. Our defense (like most defenses) would benefit tremendously if we got out to a decent lead. App St scored 16 points offensively... unfortunately we only scored 23. Looking back at last season, our offense was setting the tone most games. One move I would like to see going forward is Jarrid Williams back at RT and Justice sliding inside to replace Donaldson. Jarrid Williams has to be one of the biggest mysteries right now.
I have no idea what happened to the offense. They fell off a cliff.

And to top it all off he cant take time to go over to the offensive team meetings this week to see exactly WTF is being taught over there because he is bogged down with being the DC. Smh. I guess this experiment of him being HC and DC isnt turning out so well after all.

Donaldson has been a huge disappointment. Maybe he is just rusty from having that year off and needs time to get back into the groove but for a guy his size he isnt performing well.

People want to harp on only the negative but for every lucky break our Defense got (overthrown balls, dropped passes, etc) , we also had some pretty big time stops as well that were due to effort and will to win.

Who said I wanted him to get an extension? You have changed the discussion three times already and continue to try to put words in my mouth.

To be clear, I said if there is progress (ie: we don't **** the bed) then we are better off keeping the status quo, having stability and continuity in the program, continuing to let him learn on the job, and make changes as are needed (which I would hope most agree he has done thus far). If there is not improvement and we **** the bed and go 5-6/6-5 then Manny/Blake need to be run out of town.

Everyone here wants to suck off Mack Brown but the old cheating clown was 8-4 last year and is 1-1 this year. They beat the brakes off us last year H2H but basically had the same season as we did with an NFL QB, two NFL RBs, two NFL WRs, and a couple NFL defenders as well.

Bottom line is just chill out with the firing talk and let the season play out. If there is improvement you should be happy and STFU for another year. If there is regression then chances are you'll get your wish sooner than later and we'll begin our rebuilding process for the 6th time in 25 years.
Since you either refuse or are unable to answer the question asking what has improved that gives you confidence that Manny will figure it out, maybe you will answer this question instead. How many chances and off-seasons do you realistically give Manny to continue making changes in hopes that he figures it out.

Part of the issue with hiring Manny (or any first time head coach not going to a UGA/Texas) was his very limited coaching tree, especially for Miami instead of Temple. Having said that, his first year he managed to put together one of the worst staffs I have ever seen. He made changes to the offense but those don't seem to be working. I understand why he kept the defense that extra year, as he couldn't change the entire staff after his first season.

Last offseason he made changes to the defense but refused to bring in a playcaller or adjust his philosophy. We will see if it bears fruit through this season. But for discussions sake, lets say it still causes issues through the year. How many chances do you possibly give this guy to figure it out. Surely the coordinator spots and staff as a whole is part of your basic need for continuity, and every time you are buying out coordinators and hiring new it costs money. Not to mention at some point guys are not going to put their careers on the line to join a head coach on the hot seat.

Advertisement
Before the season you saw a whole lot of people saying they didn't know if Manny was the guy, but they hoped so. I was firmly in that camp because I don't want to wait another 3-4 years for the fire-hire-rebuild phase to play out again for the 4th? 5th? time. Unless we go on an absolute tear and look better than the teams we're beating, he ain't the guy.

Hopefully someone has the ear of the right person who can effect change. We need a new president, athletic director, and head coach.

Before the season you saw a whole lot of people saying they didn't know if Manny was the guy, but they hoped so. I was firmly in that camp because I don't want to wait another 3-4 years for the fire-hire-rebuild phase to play out again for the 4th? 5th? time. Unless we go on an absolute tear and look better than the teams we're beating, he ain't the guy.

Hopefully someone has the ear of the right person who can effect change. We need a new president, athletic director, and head coach.
It really is incredible the lack of any form of leadership at any level at the school, and is entirely an indictment of the board. Forgetting athletics, what is Frenk's status? Is he renewed? Is he here until they find a replacement? Are we interviewing people? The people that I know that would know have absolutely no idea. It is bordering on comical the way this school is run.

There's no closing speed on blitzes because the guy starts in the middle and runs all the way around the edge before coming up field. Not sure who it was but a couple years ago somebody was banging on manny's blitzes saying all they do is run our guys out of the play. Can't get home on blitzes against app st? Shelve that ****.
wtf do we only have one run play? Stop running the same play into the back of the line over and over. Shelve that ****.
Wiggins was in on the first series? Who's play count is he eating into? Shelve that ****.
Ivey? Shelve that ****. Hall? played good against app st.. whoo hoo. Shelve that ****.

Is there anyone still trying to defend manny as a head coach? Changed offensive coordinator/staff year one, changed defensive coordinator/staff year two. Still the same ****** play on both sides of the ball. What more evidence do you need? Shelve that **** ASAP.

Advertisement
I have no idea what happened to the offense. They fell off a cliff.
Doesn't it feel though that after the FSU game, the offense hasn't really been productive (save maybe NC State)? Its almost as if once we put on some tape, there hasn't been as much production and excitement since.

It really is incredible the lack of any form of leadership at any level at the school, and is entirely an indictment of the board. Forgetting athletics, what is Frenk's status? Is he renewed? Is he here until they find a replacement? Are we interviewing people? The people that I know that would know have absolutely no idea. It is bordering on comical the way this school is run.
The only thing anyone knows is a new contract wasn't announced.

Seems like Thad Franklin is some kind of 240lb primadonna. Is he expected to contribute at any point or did Hickson foul that up.

We are now in Year 3 and there's a few constants:

- Undisciplined play (both in scheme and fundamentals)
- Penalties at crucial times
- Poor OL play
- Being outcoached ("They ran some things we weren't expecting" while we run the same thing over and over again)

I personally don't see any of the above being corrected anytime soon so we'll have to rely on an overwhelming talent advantage and mistakes from the other team to win games. Disappointing start to the year to say the least but 10 regular season games left to see if things begin to click. MSU is a crucial, crucial game for Diaz.

Advertisement
Last night was a win that felt like a loss. Coaching matters and we get out coached every game.

Are there any LB’s left in the portal? That unit is horrendous, not power 5 level.

At some point the youth movement must begin, older players making the same mistakes for the last 3 years is enough.
Coaches and the AP were not impressed with the W. Higher ranked teams lost, yet Miami still fell out of the top 25. Felt like a loss because fans looked to build momentum after the Bama shellacking. Instead, the team appears stagnant. The only high point of the weekend was FSU's loss to Jacksonville State.

Last year he played Wiggins and Pope all year .This year he is still playing Jennings and Steed when they basically give you zero.Manny ‘s stubbornness in sticking to players who give you zero will cost him his job.

We are a veteran team and yet we seem to be much worse than last year, you just can't explain that.

Advertisement
Coaches and the AP were not impressed with the W. Higher ranked teams lost, yet Miami still fell out of the top 25. Felt like a loss because fans looked to build momentum after the Bama shellacking. Instead, the team appears stagnant. The only high point of the weekend was FSU's loss to Jacksonville State.
Miami is ranked #24. Your point is still correct though

Last year he played Wiggins and Pope all year .This year he is still playing Jennings and Steed when they basically give you zero.Manny ‘s stubbornness in sticking to players who give you zero will cost him his job.
It’s hilarious because most coaches play young guys because they can use it as emphasis that team is young, talented and developing. Not Manny!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Our LB depth is so bad who else do we have besides TAC? Huff isnt even on the depth chart hes so bad apparently... Brooks is hurt...again. And KSmith is now out. I dont know who else we have to turn to..Unless we just throw Chase Smith and TAC out there to see what they can do. Which im not against at this point.

Advertisement
Back