Sad win

FC9D7F90-7138-480D-93B8-86592DD6B17E.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
9-3 maybe 8-4 b/c we are piling up the injuries.

Not happy with those records but if recruiting keeps improving then Manny deserves to stay and build continuity.
This is the worst case scenario. You either want Manny to run the table (which we know won’t happen) or fail miserably to move the needle with the idiots at Coral Gables.

Lol at recruiting saving this program with Diaz’s history recruiting and developing (lack thereof) players.

9-3 maybe 8-4 b/c we are piling up the injuries.

Not happy with those records but if recruiting keeps improving then Manny deserves to stay and build continuity.

That's probably a game more optimistic than me.

I'm thinking 8-4/7-5 right now. If one of those (or worse) ends up being the final record I will want to see him fired immediately.

I was listening to an ACC preview podcast over the summer. Bet the Board with Todd Fuhrman and Payne Insider.

Payne is a pro gambler that graduated from FSU and lives in Miami. He is pretty connected in the industry, and seems to get good info.

One thing he said about Miami was that the rumors were that Manny was having a hard time controlling the players. I didn't post it here bc I don't like to throw fuel on the fire. But in retrospect (Knighton, Avante, Hodges, etc.), it certainly looks like it could be true.

Do you have anything you can share on this @DMoney ? Is Manny's lack of leadership due to the players not respecting him as a person? Do they not buy into his concepts/scheme as a coach? Is it just a bad culture?

I never bought into the "Manny is awful off bye weeks" stuff (just chalked it up to small sample size & bad luck), but when you start to look at this stuff on a macro level, it is hard to continue to give any benefit of the doubt.
The lesson is that to run a great program, you shouldn't try to control your players. Rather, drink with them. You might win two national championships.

Advertisement
Olawasseun got walked back to the qb multiple times, the ol once again played better in the second half. We’ve both been talking up moving Harrell and Chase , the sooner the better.
But will the coaches do it is the real question

Have you watched their 2 games so far? They will be a problem. More so than App St for sure.
Meh. Northwestern is down this year and last week they played an FCS team. But they're a big physical team and they like to run the football, and we're down to 1 functional LB. I worry they'll pound us in the ground and control the clock.

Advertisement
Few points I'd like to touch on:
- People on this board kill Cam but it's hard for me to criticize him when he doesn't have much to work with. Our line is a problem. From C to RT is an issue. Gaynor plays with no power and doesn't get enough of a push. Donaldson has disappointed me big time. I expected better. They should consider benching Donaldson. He's been **** poor in handling blitzes and simple twist handoff. Donaldson also lacks the feet to be an effective blocker out in space on screens. Justice lacks power and struggled to anchor down while pass blocking. Justice also struggled with handling twist stunts.

- Mallory is a average at best. He can't block because he's not physical at all. He's inconsistent catching the ball. Arroyo needs more opportunities like you stated.

- Harley needs to be better. 3 critical drops hurt us yesterday. I expect better from Harley. If not, Brashad or Jacolby needs to see start seeing snaps.

- JHH and Nesta both play inconsistent. Nesta will have a play where he absolutely blows up the play singlehandedly but then get blown off the ball the next. Also, our DT's do a poor job of handling double teams. I first saw it against Bama and dismissed as Bama just being bigger and stronger than us but App State also had their way with us on double teams.

- I have a proposition for LB. I think Amari should fill in for Keontra and have Gil play at striker. For this week, against a team like MSU, I think BJ Jennings might actually be useful. Let's see.

all this right here....

Is it time to bring Joe Brady back home to South Florida. I would be in to roll the dice with him for 3/4 years and bring that offense to Miami. I really think he can out scheme the entire country and bring in someone on the defense that worked with him at LSU under the Aranda tree and then we are really cooking with gas.
Wouldn't trust him to stay if he's successful a season or two. He was always an NFL guy, with LSU a semi pit stop. If CMD doesn't work out I'd want a guy who has had at least some success at the P5 level. Similar to CMR mold. Campbell would be probably the guy I'm looking at. Maybe even a Gary Patterson since our DEF has pretty much been built into a 4-2-5...although he'd need to bring in a legit OC with him.

Meh. Northwestern is down this year and last week they played an FCS team. But they're a big physical team and they like to run the football, and we're down to 1 functional LB. I worry they'll pound us in the ground and control the clock.
5-2 look will solve that.

Advertisement
Diaz should stop celebrating routine tackles and first downs like those plays saved the world from annihilation. The culture here is great from Jan-Sep but then it becomes the worst in all of sports.
Is the culture great from Jan-Sep at anything more than the surface? Agreed recruiting was good last year, we get the transfers, etc. But is the hard work being done? That is when the culture that shows on Saturdays in the fall is set and it certainly isn’t showing.

One of my biggest takeaways and honestly I’m very surprised; is how bad King and Lashlee have been

They were supposed to be strengths of our team this year. And both have sucked, bad

King for the life of him, can’t make RPO reads, and his throwing accuracy and vision seems horrible too so far. He looks like he’s regressed

Lashlee’s game planing and play calling seems Richt/Enos esk. And he seems to be calling games scared

We were supposed to have this fun, up tempo offense that is great to watch. It’s been the opposite

We’ve all been here before and that’s at the beginning of the end of a coaching tenure aka Manny

It really sucks to do it again. But what’s best for the program is to rip the bandaid off now and move off. Problem is, We need to get rid of the AD too
Regression at um sounds familiar lolol

This is the worst case scenario. You either want Manny to run the table (which we know won’t happen) or fail miserably to move the needle with the idiots at Coral Gables.

Lol at recruiting saving this program with Diaz’s history recruiting and developing (lack thereof) players.
9-3 while our rivals fall to pieces while continuing to recruit better and stability/continuity is how the team will improve. Expecting any more than baby steps is fools gold.

Hoping for things to fall apart is the worst option as Manny isn't getting fired so we'll have to waste two more years of my life and we will be in a worse position than we are now.

Advertisement
Back