Saban says spring ball would be "JV."

Barry Bonds was arguably the greatest Baseball player of all-time before he ever took PED's.

People really dislike him personally so they try to discredit his entire career, but if you really know Baseball you know Bonds was in serious discussion as the best ever before he ever even went to San Fran.

He had 4 MVP's, 8 Gold gloves, 8 silver sluggers & 9 All-star appearances all before the 2001 season.

I get the point you were making, it just irks me when people act like Bonds wasn't a legit HOF'er before the PED controversy, regardless of how some may feel about it him it can't be denied that he was a phenemonal Baseball player.
Exactly. Taking juice doesn't make you hit a baseball. You might hit it a little farther, but you have to be an elite player to hit it like he hit it. You can drag a 1,000 juice heads from LA Fitness up to the plate against the worst pitcher in MLB, and none of them would make contact with a single pitch let alone hit it 450 feet.

Advertisement
@caneinorlando and I are trying to show it’s bought and paid for. Do people view juiced up Barry bonds as a real home run king?

He was good at LSU. Got a NC but he wasn’t this dominate. Don’t be blind.
I also don’t get why dabo don’t get more love.
If you think Clemson ain't droppin' bags I got some ocean front property to sell you in the real Death Valley.

Embarrassing all the dudes walking around in this thread with saban's **** on their chins. That dude deserves credit for nothing, he benefited from bags and being at two of the most powerful sec schools. If Butch and satan switched school's, Butch at bama, satan at UM, Butch would have had more success verses what saban could have done at UM.

Exactly. Taking juice doesn't make you hit a baseball. You might hit it a little farther, but you have to be an elite player to hit it like he hit it. You can drag a 1,000 juice heads from LA Fitness up to the plate against the worst pitcher in MLB, and none of them would make contact with a single pitch let alone hit it 450 feet.
Hand eye coordination.....

Advertisement
Any sane person can't argue that Sabag is an all-time great college* coach. The record is the record. I just think you can't as easily dismiss the bags as being omnipresent and absolutely can't exaggerate the benefit of the immunity the SEC has enjoyed from any real scrutiny during both his tenures at LSU and Baga.

Look at Pete Carroll. He was winning at an .814 clip at USC. How long could he have continued that if not for the NCAA crushing them? It's not like the guy was exposed as a sham coach when he fled NCAA sanctions and then won a Super Bowl in a salary cap league Sabag was 15-17 in.
Just curious was Butch a “sham coach” when Carmen Policy hired him in Cleveland and he went 24–35 including 8-19 his last two years. You never know about the league, but Carmen wasn’t bashful about spending money, just a different world. Butch and Saban struggled in The NFL. Btw @The Franchise Carmen is another Youngstown guy, won a few rings with the Jr and the 9ers and any fan knows where DeBartolo Jr is from! I like your detective work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Barry Bonds was arguably the greatest Baseball player of all-time before he ever took PED's.

People really dislike him personally so they try to discredit his entire career, but if you really know Baseball you know Bonds was in serious discussion as the best ever before he ever even went to San Fran.

He had 4 MVP's, 8 Gold gloves, 8 silver sluggers & 9 All-star appearances all before the 2001 season.

I get the point you were making, it just irks me when people act like Bonds wasn't a legit HOF'er before the PED controversy, regardless of how some may feel about it him it can't be denied that he was a phenemonal Baseball player.
I think Saban is Very good coach. Makes ballsy moves but I’m more impressed by what dabo has done at Clemson

Tokyo is questioning whether they can have the Olympics next year without a vaccine, so B1G and PAC-12 have some cover.
But hypothetically if the other three conferences plow ahead and the Big Ten and Pac 12 dont play football until 2022, what shape would these programs be in? They could be like 1989 SMU, but with bigger television deals.

Advertisement
He's right you know.

Glad to see the biggest dyck in college football speaking up instead of being scared to hurt his money by taking what might be an unpopular stand to a segment of uninformed society.

Saban has actually been on point with his talking points. Doesn’t feel disingenuous either. Spring Football would be such a watered product. As a top flight kid, I’m not playing Spring, and Fall! U’re talking about 20-22 games in a year??? Fck that. So we’ll be seeing a grip of walk ons.

No NFL ready player is playing Spring. Plus, there’s something called routine. I could see all kind of injuries happening under this idea.

Advertisement
"We're going to play in the spring" is the biggest hoodwink going. They're just trying to dupe recruits and pacify fans.
Let's just say the government realizes the effect of sports on society... If in the middle of this they just come out & admit fall sports has BEEN CANCELLED it wouldn't go over well.

But hypothetically if the other three conferences plow ahead and the Big Ten and Pac 12 dont play football until 2022, what shape would these programs be in? They could be like 1989 SMU, but with bigger television deals.
Death penalty was a different deal. Big 8 was a different type of conference (they were all cheats to a level that couldn’t be comprehended today). And, SMU is a small private school (Kind of like UM…but back in the day). I don’t think the B1G programs will miss a beat…less certain about the PAC-12, but the conference that has WA, OR, USC, UCLA and Stanford…I think they survive with no problem, too.

Advertisement
Back when Barry was with the Pirates, Lenny Dykstra criticized Bonds for being a “bad teammate“. A week or so later the Mets were playing the pirates and it was a “big” thing as the two “best at the time” in the National league were squaring off. Bonds, a 1-man version of the Miami Hurricanes, never gave a single **** what anybody said about him, and just ignored Dykstra‘s comments in his typical Barry way. Anyway, during the game Dykstra gets a change up and flys out (maybe for the 3rd out of the inning or something). An inning or two later Bonds is up, and is fooled by the exact same change up, only he checks up and bounces it off the wall for a stand-up triple.

The. Most. Impressive. At-bat. I’ve. Ever. Seen. In. My. Life.

Right then and there it settled who was the best. Dykstra proved to be a fraud - in more ways than one. And, the media would spend the rest of Bonds’ career trying not to give Bonds his due credit as arguably one of the greatest players ever. Part…of the reason Griffey, Jr was so beloved was because he was the “acceptable“ anti-Bonds, which was unfortunate because they were both special. (And, A-rod doesn’t get nearly the heat of Bonds and he also is an admitted PED abuser).

Back when Barry was with the Pirates, Lenny Dykstra criticized Bonds for being a “bad teammate“. A week or so later the Mets were playing the pirates and it was a “big” thing as the two “best at the time” in the National league were squaring off. Bonds, a 1-man version of the Miami Hurricanes, never gave a single **** what anybody said about him, and just ignored Dykstra‘s comments in his typical Barry way. Anyway, during the game Dykstra gets a change up and flys out (maybe for the 3rd out of the inning or something). An inning or two later Bonds is up, and is fooled by the exact same change up, only he checks up and bounces it off the wall for a stand-up triple.

The. Most. Impressive. At-bat. I’ve. Ever. Seen. In. My. Life.

Right then and there it settled who was the best. Dykstra proved to be a fraud - in more ways than one. And, the media would spend the rest of Bonds’ career trying not to give Bonds his due credit as arguably one of the greatest players ever. Part…of the reason Griffey, Jr was so beloved was because he was the “acceptable“ anti-Bonds, which was unfortunate because they were both special. (And, A-rod doesn’t get nearly the heat of Bonds and he also is an admitted PED abuser).
A-Rod is a POS....

Advertisement
Back