Saban in the Late 90s Spent a Lot Time at Greentree (with Butch) Learning the Miami Blueprint

Advertisement
Saban has never cited Butch as a mentor. Terrible.

We should call him out on the Alabama board. Demand credit for both butch and the program as a whole.

Advertisement
Guess not....Does that surprise you??....
With all that was going on with the Pell Grant Fraud fiasco, do you really think Butch would've raised his hand for some new furniture??....Same office that JJ & Erickson had....Shnellys was different...
I don't blame Butch for not saying anything....I just would've thought the athletic department would've given nicer stuff to football he'd coach. Not bad, but could see that stuff in mid-level govt. bureaucrat office.

I don't blame Butch for not saying anything....I just would've thought the athletic department would've given nicer stuff to football he'd coach. Not bad, but could see that stuff in mid-level govt. bureaucrat office.
Keep in mind that Pic is from 98 (day before UCLA game)...

Advertisement
Do we have comparative UCLA coach office furniture? Need to have that for a full discussion.

Is that you? Game planning with Butch? Or menu-planning?
Lol....talking FB....Wifey took the Pic..Spent hrs upon hrs for 24yrs picking Butch's mind...his kindness to me and my family will never be forgotten ever...

It is true. Unwritten law. Not only do not coaches burn bridges, but they willingly share intangible controls and processes with one another, because they never know when they are going to have to call on a job for the future. Everything you see Saban doing at Bama is the old JJ and Butch way, sprinkled in with some Beilichick ideals, and concepts Saban has perfected over the past 15 years. SABAN EVEN STOLE TOMMY MOFFITT AWAY FROM US AND BROUGHT HIM TO LSU!! Technically, Saban should be within the Butch Davis coaching tree.
Saban IS a Butch Davis disciple.

None. He has two Superbowl Rings and a 1987 National Championship Ring. Without Butch, there is no 2001 National Championship for Coker to relish in. Butch rebuilt that program on a food stamp budget.

Butch's team in 2000 was just as good, if not better, than 2001. Look at who left after 2000. If he couldn't win with that team, he's just not going to win one ever.

Advertisement
This is a new twist this year. Now we have people claiming that Nick Saban's success is all due to Butch Davis, even though Butch Davis doesn't have a single title to his name.

Blah, blah Butch, blah, Blah Blah! These stupid Butch articles have to stop; FOREVER!
Well they won't. And the fact that you claim to long for what he created here yet want kept away permanently shows your true intent. Take this crap back to trailerhassee.

Butch's team in 2000 was just as good, if not better, than 2001. Look at who left after 2000. If he couldn't win with that team, he's just not going to win one ever.
If someone said the same about Saban and Bama last year you'd call them crazy. This argument is pure 🐎💩. Just admit it's the man you don't like.

Advertisement
If someone said the same about Saban and Bama last year you'd call them crazy. This argument is pure 🐎💩. Just admit it's the man you don't like.

I'm not talking about Saban. I'm talking about Botch and the roster he had in 2000. Go back and watch the Louisiana Tech game and tell me what a phenomenal strategist he is.

The same could be said of Mack Brown. Just admit you want our program to keep struggling.
Except Mack Brown won a title and played for another. If I wanted struggle, I’d hire a guy who has FIU 4th in their division and constantly blown out by teams with a pulse like FAU.

Except Mack Brown won a title and played for another. If I wanted struggle, I’d hire a guy who has FIU 4th in their division and constantly blown out by teams with a pulse like FAU.
Like FIU could EVER attract real talent. Take it down nole.

Advertisement
Back