Saban calls out Miami while complaining about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This isn't racial. Don't make it something it's not. Saban didn't call out those other schools because there not a threat to Bama as they are in the same boat of being in a smaller market. The real reason he called out the three.

1) Jackson State - (Backed by BarStool Sports money)
2) Miami (Large Market where NIL will flourish)
3) ATM (Large Market, Oil Money where NIL will flourish)

That's bullsh!te. Nick knew who his audience was, and it is ABSOLUTELY racial.

He is throwing a scare into the Bama boosters. "Do you want a black school stealing a 5-star from us like they did to F$U? Do you want the Columbus Mafia signing all the SoFla WRs that we used to steal like candy from a baby? And, sure, I'll toss in another SEC school, but it's not a 'real' SEC school, it's those guys over in Texas who like to eat tacos."

But, sure, I get it, we're going to have some "racism doesn't exist, this isn't racism, I don't see color" guys come in to defend what Nick said. I don't care if Nick Saban is a racist or not, but he sure as **** tailored his comments to a largely racist audience.

If they havent done poorly you have to ask yourself WHY is he crying?. And insinuating for boosters to rev up?. They done poorly initiallly and were 100 percent BEHIND in regards to NIL...thats a fact. All the Bryce Young 1mil bragging was to save face honestly at the time and for recruiting purposes. There was never transparency with that number. Just oh Bryce got 7 figure deals and he is turning em down say to day,e tc from him

He is scared sh*tless because they havent done that well with NIL....because just like Clemson they are still under the table/work/charger guys.
Also he doesnt want to have to YEARLY get NIL for current players on his team...he cool with paying them to come though.

He also basically got called out for TAMPERING on the Louisville wr which he did....and he undoubtedly tampered on Gibbs....that started toward the end of the year last szn...when his rb depth got a bit depleted to his liking. He was putting all kind of feelers out via newspaper, 247 articles.

Yeah, there are a couple of things at play here.

First, while Nick himself hasn't truly been "harmed" yet, his ego is fragile. Even finishing #2 in the recruiting rankings (plus losing to Jimbo) is causing him to lose his cool.

Second, I alluded to this earlier, we cannot ignore the hundreds of years of history and precedent, as well as the poisonous modern-day rationale, that has to do with "losing power", "the times are changing", and "we are being replaced". Nick was speaking to a bunch of Alabama boosters, and SCARING them with the three-headed bogeyman of

---a historically black college stealing a 5-star from a P5 school
---a suddenly-wealthy Hispanic booster with a law degree helping to keep recruits in SoFla, recruits that Alabama used to steal with impunity
---a recent SEC addition that threatens to upend the entire hierarchy upon an economic base (2nd largest state, rich with oil revenue) that can easily outspend SEC schools in smaller states and smaller markets

Make no mistake, this was a shot across the bow FOR THE ALABAMA BOOSTERS. Nick was challenging them to raise more money from their corrupt Yellawood and road-paving companies, so that poor ol' Alabama could outspend the black schools and the Hispanics and the big-oil carpetbaggers.

Nick's comments weren't a mistake. They were as surgical and intentional as he could possibly make them, without going full Michael-Richards on his audience.

We just have to be honest.

And, look, nobody denies that Nick is a great coach. He's hired some great assistants. There are plenty of good reasons for recruits to voluntarily choose Alabama.

And if it was as simple as all that, then Nick shouldn't worry, Nick should be cool, Nick should never make a comment, and Nick will still reel off top recruiting classes every year.

Ah, but we're starting to see the truth. Sure, Nick signed the #2 recruiting class, but he probably had to work three times as hard as normal to fend off all of his competition. And maybe he doesn't want to spend the next 10 years working this hard. He CERTAINLY wants the Alabama boosters to write bigger checks to make this job easier.

That's the truth.

Advertisement
It's really not that serious.......You're trying too hard there. Really, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, South Carolina?

Football isn't about race, the confederacy, civil war, etc.

OK, so you're going to cherry-pick the 3 worst SEC football schools to prove that racism doesn't exist?

And football is absolutely about race and class and the Confederacy, at least to the plantation schools and their older alums. I'm sure no SEC schools or their alums fought long and hard to retain Confederate nicknames and symbols, now, did they?

Its almost like a certain poster said this over a year ago. @PIPO
yeah-thats-what-i-said-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Yeah, there are a couple of things at play here.

First, while Nick himself hasn't truly been "harmed" yet, his ego is fragile. Even finishing #2 in the recruiting rankings (plus losing to Jimbo) is causing him to lose his cool.

Second, I alluded to this earlier, we cannot ignore the hundreds of years of history and precedent, as well as the poisonous modern-day rationale, that has to do with "losing power", "the times are changing", and "we are being replaced". Nick was speaking to a bunch of Alabama boosters, and SCARING them with the three-headed bogeyman of

---a historically black college stealing a 5-star from a P5 school
---a suddenly-wealthy Hispanic booster with a law degree helping to keep recruits in SoFla, recruits that Alabama used to steal with impunity
---a recent SEC addition that threatens to upend the entire hierarchy upon an economic base (2nd largest state, rich with oil revenue) that can easily outspend SEC schools in smaller states and smaller markets

Make no mistake, this was a shot across the bow FOR THE ALABAMA BOOSTERS. Nick was challenging them to raise more money from their corrupt Yellawood and road-paving companies, so that poor ol' Alabama could outspend the black schools and the Hispanics and the big-oil carpetbaggers.

Nick's comments weren't a mistake. They were as surgical and intentional as he could possibly make them, without going full Michael-Richards on his audience.

We just have to be honest.

And, look, nobody denies that Nick is a great coach. He's hired some great assistants. There are plenty of good reasons for recruits to voluntarily choose Alabama.

And if it was as simple as all that, then Nick shouldn't worry, Nick should be cool, Nick should never make a comment, and Nick will still reel off top recruiting classes every year.

Ah, but we're starting to see the truth. Sure, Nick signed the #2 recruiting class, but he probably had to work three times as hard as normal to fend off all of his competition. And maybe he doesn't want to spend the next 10 years working this hard. He CERTAINLY wants the Alabama boosters to write bigger checks to make this job easier.

That's the truth.
I also wonder if this speech and comments were meant to be a behind closed doors thing, and that beat writer took it public. Granted, nothing is behind closed doors anymore, but I have a hard time believing Saban was this un-calculating.

Saban fcked up here.

Jimbo (who I think is actually Lindsey Graham) just admitted that he knows things that would bury Alabama. The NCAA should be calling him. But they won't.

What should really worry Saban is all the former players admitting they got paid just for visits. The guys who didn't sign with them have NO loyalty to him.

This could actually kill Bama if enough people talk.
Jimbo squealing on Saban would be admitting his involvement. Otherwise, how would he know?

Advertisement
I actually believe Saban when he says they don't pay their players. They don't have to .....ANYMORE. When he first got there, Im 100% sure they were paying kids. But he did how it was supposed to be done, flipped it into national championships to where you don't have to advertise it. The boosters took over after that and he and the staff most likely had more plausible deniability.

Now, do Bama bagmen exsist? Yup. Does coach know it? Maybe, maybe not. Those first 5 years or so is all your really need. Thats why Im all in on Mr. Ruiz going ham up front. Build the foundation and let the coaching staff finish the rest on the field.

Rick Neuheisel is really on his high horse regarding NIL. The ESPN talking heads trying their hardest to bring everything back to where the SEC cheats and everyone else gets punished

Jimbo: "You coach with people, like Bobby Bowden, and learn how to do things. You coach with other people and learn how not to do things. There's a reason I ain't went back and worked for him. With opportunities. Don't want to be associated with him."
Like F$U wouldn’t have cheated like Bama if they could have. ‘Saint’ Bobby my ****.

Advertisement

He is throwing a scare into the Bama boosters. "Do you want a black school stealing a 5-star from us like they did to F$U? Do you want the Columbus Mafia signing all the SoFla WRs that we used to steal like candy from a baby? And, sure, I'll toss in another SEC school, but it's not a 'real' SEC school, it's those guys over in Texas who like to eat tacos."

But, sure, I get it, we're going to have some "racism doesn't exist, this isn't racism, I don't see color" guys come in to defend what Nick said. I don't care if Nick Saban is a racist or not, but he sure as **** tailored his comments to a largely racist audience.

Lmao talk about reaching.

I don't believe anyone is defending what Nick said, but you twisting it into something racial is horsesh*t. Bottom Line. In addition, you feeling the need to stereotype every **** person living in the southeast outside of Florida in a bad light and as part of the Confederacy speaks more volumes about you than it does them.

I hate Nick Saban with a passion and Alabama, but his comments were done out of concern of with Bama losing their recruiting advantage and not being able to keep up with larger market teams. Not some d@mn racial conspiracy you trying to conjure up.

Advertisement
I don't believe anyone is defending what Nick said, but you twisting it into something racial is horsesh*t. Bottom Line. In addition, you feeling the need to stereotype every **** person living in the southeast outside of Florida in a bad light and as part of the Confederacy speaks more volumes about you than it does them.

I hate Nick Saban with a passion and Alabama, but his comments were done out of concern of with Bama losing their recruiting advantage and not being able to keep up with larger market teams. Not some d@mn racial conspiracy you trying to conjure up.

And you're full of ****e. Nick knew who he was speaking to. He knows what buttons to push.

"Keeping up with larger market teams". Yeah, that's what they call it. Tell me about that huge Jackson State market, the school that Nicky called out specfically for taking a recruit away from a more deserving P5 school.

Go stick your head back in the sand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back