Saban calls out Miami while complaining about NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you're full of ****e. Nick knew who he was speaking to. He knows what buttons to push.

"Keeping up with larger market teams". Yeah, that's what they call it. Tell me about that huge Jackson State market, the school that Nicky called out specfically for taking a recruit away from a more deserving P5 school.

Go stick your head back in the sand.
Nick was speaking to his boosters. I don’t think it was anything racial but I do believe Nick was telling his boosters if they want to keep up with the times then they need to open them wallets. Nick is playing chess.

Advertisement
This is about the page where this thread will devolve into WWE talk / new helmet talk
2AE56049-25AB-4CB9-ACB3-28E0E253BEF8.gif

Advertisement
Nick was speaking to his boosters. I don’t think it was anything racial but I do believe Nick was telling his boosters if they want to keep up with the times then they need to open them wallets. Nick is playing chess.

I hear what you are saying. I do not deny that was PART of his message.

But he specifically called out Jackson State. A historically black school that is no threat of any kind to Alabama, except if they continue to sign blue-chip recruits who were crystal-balled to P5 schools. WHY?

People need to put aside their own personal feels and simply acknowledge that race-BASED rhetoric (no need to call it "racist", that seems to trigger certain people) has been a powerful talking point for hundreds of years in the south.

Just because some 20 year olds think "racism is over" doesn't mean that a bunch of 80 year olds are not still capable of being called to action with race-based appeals to their wallets and their trophies.

Nick could have spoken in generalities. He could have said "urban schools". He didn't. He specifically called out Jackson State, which is a couple of hours down the road.

I'd love to give the benefit of the doubt, but it is completely undeserved here. Nick knew what he needed to say to pry those wallets open.

Alabama has paid EVERY YEAR. It's just not Nick that does it. Alabama has one of the most sophisticated "plausible denial" systems out there. The boosters handle the dirty work, and Nick stays clean. The Alabama machine has been refined over DECADES.
How many times has a kid we never even heard bama was recruiting flip out
of no where. Everyone knows what he did. All
The sec does it

But u can win a title when u stack even if your an average HC. Recruiting is more important at this level. If your elite at it u can win. If your elite at x and os u won't win a title.
I’d rather have a very good coach/staff and the best talent than an alleged X/O guru who can’t build a roster.

How many titles has Mike Leach won? 0

These guru-types think they can just out-play call everyone. Sorry, that only works some of the time. Name me a HC who wins consistently high level without the best talent.

Advertisement
It's an AFLAC throwdown!!!!!!!!

This is almost like King Kong and Godzilla teaming up to battle Mechagodzilla.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

PS...What does Prime mean by "you people"....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yepppp - no more Prime/Saban AFLAC commercials 😂😂

Im really upset I missed Puertoricancane attempting to meat at the blue lot or next to the yellow brick house
That just ends up with Puertoricancane getting jumped by two lingering F1 and Miami Open fans as he tries to figure out where the Blue Lot actually is at the redesigned Hard Kock Sports & Future Waterpark Annex.

Advertisement
I don't believe anyone is defending what Nick said, but you twisting it into something racial is horsesh*t. Bottom Line. In addition, you feeling the need to stereotype every **** person living in the southeast outside of Florida in a bad light and as part of the Confederacy speaks more volumes about you than it does them.

I hate Nick Saban with a passion and Alabama, but his comments were done out of concern of with Bama losing their recruiting advantage and not being able to keep up with larger market teams. Not some d@mn racial conspiracy you trying to conjure up.
Muppets will always muppet.

How many times has a kid we never even heard bama was recruiting flip out
of no where. Everyone knows what he did. All
The sec does it

this.

nick is just ****ed he's going to have to keep cheating the old fashioned way.

Advertisement
Nick knew who he was speaking to. He knows what buttons to push.

Nick knew what he needed to say to pry those wallets open.

Yup, that's why He used the term "buying players", as if these young men were chattel on the slave-block or some ****. Not saying Saban is a racist, which I don't think He is, but you're right, He knew exactly the type of audience He was speaking to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back