S.fla Coaches on Who Miami Should Hire (It's Long)

Advertisement
If you have to give the caveat "with the right staff" then you're already in trouble.

Advertisement
Hire him as Assistant HC and Recruiting coordinator then....Dont hire a skill hire a CEO

Good recruiter doesn't always = good coach....See Coley

Who do the high school coaches think Miami will hire as coach?

It's all about control and Butch Davis would have local players coming to UM with minimal influence from their local coaches, and local coaches are worried.

It's also about the fact that some of these local coaches have their hands out and think that Mario would play the game with them, and Mario would be more comfortable and easier to control than one Butch Davis.

With Butch Davis at the helm, these coaches are scared that they would not have it so easy nor the influence to cash in from outside sharks & recruiters by sending their kids to Auburn, Bama, Miss FSU UF and Clemson.

I'm feeling this post....truth be told, we've heard the handler stories around So Fla already. We've seen pics of kids Instagraming "money shots" when they visit certain schools and ironically commit to them. We've seen kids have Miami gear on, paraphernalia in their rooms, throw up the U during pee-wee and freshman football and then all of sudden they've been following Bama or OSU out of no where.

Cristobal, they feel imo, will play the game with them; maybe b/c he actually does play the game w them w that $EC backing...but he won't ever be able to play that same game here at Miami. We're watched w/ a magnifying glass so big, we can see ants crawling on Mars. That's y he'll stink here. He can't coach; period. Bama fans are begging him to leave. I don't care if he's alum, he's as greasy as they come. He's the Cuban Al Golden and his staff would be just as putrid. Don't care what these coaches are saying; several kids mentioned Butch...maybe b/c kids care about how they going to make it to the league, while these coaches care about who's going slide me some gudda underneath the table.

In the end, it's the parents and children's decision, and most parents are rolling w Butch.

This is like asking the night manager at a La Quinta in Kendall who the Mandarin Oriental should hire as their GM. There's a reason these guys probably responded to this question while monitoring in-school suspension or right before they taught a middle school phys ed class.

Exactly

Advertisement
Geez every single one of them want christobal

so let Butch bring him on staff. Problem solved.

Another mouth breather.

I wouldn't care if we gave him the recruiting coordinator/assistant head coach title. Let him coach TE if need be.

Just don't want him having a HCIW title or touching the OL.
Why shoehorn him in to the staff. He truly brings nothing to the table. Dude is recruiting at bama. He won't have half the success recruiting at Miami unless we are a top ten program and in championship contention.

Another mouth breather.

I wouldn't care if we gave him the recruiting coordinator/assistant head coach title. Let him coach TE if need be.

Just don't want him having a HCIW title or touching the OL.
Why shoehorn him in to the staff. He truly brings nothing to the table. Dude is recruiting at bama. He won't have half the success recruiting at Miami unless we are a top ten program and in championship contention.
What is Miami gonna do if we don't hire this recruiting wizard?! Oh noes!!

Another mouth breather.

HCIW is a disaster of an approach. I don't have an issue bringing Mario on staff. Heck, if you want to bring him on board to coach OL/TE and slap an AHC title on him for recruiting, I'm down with that. It's just going to be a stepping stone for him and he'd be out of here in a couple years anyway.

Advertisement
Dammit mane....

Earl Little, Miami/Jackson coach: “I think first and foremost Miami has to get a Hurricane guy. Either Mario Cristobal, Rob Chudzinski or bring Butch Davis back. Somebody that knows the culture down here and knows what Miami football is all about. That’s what I think. Just the swagger. The shirts that Miami is making: “The U invented Swag.” Nobody plays college football like Miami did in the 80s. When I watch the other teams play. Let these kids have fun and go out and play. Miami has to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. I like James Coley a lot but I’m not sure how much total control he had over the total offense. Defensively it hasn’t been a University of Miami 4-3 defense. That’s what Miami needs to get back to. I know the game has changed with more spread offense. You have to have a Miami guy that knows these kids from Palm Beach on down. You have to have that 4-3 defense and you just have to be aggressive. Spread it out like you do now a days. When I look at Baylor and Toledo those kids aren’t good like Miami kids. And they are putting up 60 points doing it. Before they hired (Al) Golden I was hoping they would hire Mike Leach at the time because of that up-tempo and that spread offense. He was right here in Key West at the time. Mario Cristobal intrigues me because he’s a Hurricane. He’s from Columbus High School in Miami. He’s a Cuban-American. He was nasty. Him and his twin brother were nasty offensive linemen. They were just going to get after your butt. Mario did a great job at FIU. He turned around a program that was a doormat and went to a bowl game. How can you turn up an opportunity to coach at Alabama? So he’s been learning under Nick Saban the past few years. The stuff he already knew playing under coach (Jimmy) Johnson and coach (Dennis) Erickson. Have that Miami swagger. That whole mentality as an offensive lineman. And just a guy that knows Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. That’s why he’s my first choice. Then you have a guy like (Rob) Chudzinski who is a great offensive mind. He’s a Miami guy. Miami has guys that can do it but Mario can get that recruiting and get that fire back. Mario is the guy.”

At this point it's clear you're trolling because you can't be that dumb.

In 14 years as a football CEO, Leach has 1 10+ win season and no conference titles.

Miami deserves better, Miami can do better.

You sound like an idiot. This dude change the whole style of football in the big 12.

That means he should be the next Miami football coach? Lmao @ you.

This is like asking the night manager at a La Quinta in Kendall who the Mandarin Oriental should hire as their GM. There's a reason these guys probably responded to this question while monitoring in-school suspension or right before they taught a middle school phys ed class.

Sometimes your analogies go way over my head. Maybe I'm too young to get them. But this one- this is gold!!

Advertisement

Another mouth breather.

HCIW is a disaster of an approach. I don't have an issue bringing Mario on staff. Heck, if you want to bring him on board to coach OL/TE and slap an AHC title on him for recruiting, I'm down with that. It's just going to be a stepping stone for him and he'd be out of here in a couple years anyway.
I'm not really sure why we need him on the staff "for recruiting"

Why can't we just get a real TE coach instead of forcing Mario on the staff for some ability that is overrated due to him being at Bama?

Tɦɛ ѳɳʆy ʀɛɑรѳɳ ɱɑʀiѳiร tɦɛ ɓɛรt ʀɛcʀuitɛʀ iร ɓɛcɑuรɛ ɦɛร witɦ saban

As much flack as we give him for recruiting at Bama - which shouldn't be that hard - I do see recruiting value with him and he'd be a great transitional hire for the new staff in that he's used to recruiting this area (hits the ground running). I think he can be very solid in that role. As far as positional coaching, I know bama fans aren't huge fans of him for his OL, but I think OL coaching and OC philosophy go hand in hand and there may be more to it than we think. JMO

Advertisement
Back